Do Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley run again 2028? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Do Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley run again 2028? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley run again 2028?  (Read 2205 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: January 11, 2024, 11:26:23 AM »

Could the old GOP tradition of the runner up from the previous primary getting nominated on their next try return?

Haley seems the best poised to actually win some primaries this cycle but she doesn't really fit into today's Republican Party and will have not had a position or held elected office for 10 years by that point.

The best case scenario for DeSantis seems to be to come in second in IA and keep Trump's margin down as low as possible. Maybe 20% points? Lol.  Then drop out and return to to FL and pass more legislation from the conservative wish list before his term ends.

Of course though, the 2028 field will be a larger than this one and there'll be plenty of fresh faces.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 02:24:09 PM »

I hope not. Can't we get some new people in 2028?

The thing is, who's on the Republican bench that could actually win a general? Maybe Tim Scott, but he barely made an impact this time.

Would Vance or Hawley or Noem actually do well as a nominee? I highly doubt it.

I could see maybe Vance pulling it off.  He's Trumpy but he comes across as relatively unoffensive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies