"New Russia" parliamentary elections - 2 November 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  "New Russia" parliamentary elections - 2 November 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "New Russia" parliamentary elections - 2 November 2014  (Read 3323 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 02, 2014, 07:56:30 AM »

This is a joke.  After all, they aren't able to hold elections in the part of Novorossiya occupied by the Kiev fascists.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 12:30:27 AM »

BTW, it has now been pretty much established that they never counted the ballots in Donetsk. Or, at the very least, that the results announced were not based on any count. Basically, the official announced results were achieved by multiplying announced turnout by some percentages rounded to a hundredth of a percentage points. I.e., they first had the percentages and used them to calculate absolute vote numbers and not the other way around.

Yes, I'm sure that all the regular anti-Russia sources at your fingertips (like the BBC/NPR/CNN) will tell you that this election "wasn't fair," because they don't like the winners. Luckily, Novorossiya does not care in slightest what they think. Novorossiya does not need Western "friends" when it has real friends in the BRICS countries.

As if any country other than Russia and its other Bantustans will ever recognize Novorossiya as a real country, let alone be friends to it.

Personally, I think the main reason that Putin is bothering with Novorossiya is that he felt the need for a confrontation with the West as an excuse for what's going to happen to the Russian economy now that oil prices are collapsing.  Otherwise, I think he would have been satisfied with slicing off the Crimea, as that was something he probably could have achieved without causing a long term disruption.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies