If SCOTUS legalizes SSM...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  If SCOTUS legalizes SSM...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If SCOTUS legalizes SSM...  (Read 12331 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

Even the Supreme Court can't convince Kim Davis that she has no other legal option.

By the looks of it she's about to get slapped with some fines for contempt. Let's see how far she's willing to take this.

Because the SCOTUS must respect religious conscience and freedom. She's in the right.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

Even the Supreme Court can't convince Kim Davis that she has no other legal option.

By the looks of it she's about to get slapped with some fines for contempt. Let's see how far she's willing to take this.

Because the SCOTUS must respect religious conscience and freedom. She's in the right.
I stand with Kim Davis and her employees.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

So if I was elected county clerk and I decided it was against my religion to issue marriage licenses to Christians, would you rush to my defense? Your religion doesn't get you out of obeying the law. If you don't like it, find a new job.

As for you JCL, I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it's now obvious that you're nothing more than a comment section troll.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

She can take her religious BS and shove it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

You're in denial again. SCOTUS basically just told her that she has no chance on appeal. Being a government employee isn't like being a private business. You do not get to pick and choose which citizens you serve. She can't deny marriage licenses to gay couples based on her religious convictions any more than she can refuse to give marriage licenses to Muslim couples. If your religious convictions make it impossible for you to treat all citizens equally, then government work is not for you.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 07:44:49 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

fortunately, you don't matter Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

fortunately, you don't matter Smiley
What??? Look who's talking you commie.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 09:24:08 PM »

Bumpity bump bump...

At least as far as she can get others to pay her fines for her. If she can't raise at least a hundred thousand from gullible fools, I'll be highly surprised.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »

Bumpity bump bump...

At least as far as she can get others to pay her fines for her. If she can't raise at least a hundred thousand from gullible fools, I'll be highly surprised.

And that's precisely why I think they should throw her in jail until she complies.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »

Well, they did.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length