Office of Senator pikachu (On activity)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:52:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator pikachu (On activity)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Senator pikachu (On activity)  (Read 1822 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:11:03 AM »
« edited: March 26, 2016, 08:43:49 PM by pikachu »

This is my new office for government purposes. Other offices:

2015 Campaign and Government Office

New York, NY

Almost a year ago, I registered in Atlasia for the first time. As an independent, I would then make a run in a special Assembly election to replace (iirc) Libertas. I would end up losing that election. Almost a year later, and with several twists and turns along the way, I've returned to that point: an independent, who is yet again trying to find his way into the Northeast Assembly through a special election. However, this time, I come with just over two terms of experience in the Assembly, one term as governor, and stint in the Northeast cabinet. I hope that the people of the Northeast are once again willing to trust me with elected office once again, as I believe we have the chance to continue doing great things in this region, as we start to move forward into this new era of the game.  
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:37:57 PM »

Jersey City, NJ

I'd like to thank Northeastern voters for electing to the Assembly for yet another term! I'm really excited to serve out this term, especially with this mix of old and new players. I feel confident that we're going to get some good stuff done. I'd also like to congratulate my opponent, cxs018, on also getting into the Assembly, and I wish him best of luck in his attempt to win the full term. Finally, I'd like to thank the Assembly for electing me as Speaker. This is a role I wanted to hold during my stint last year, but being Lieutenant Governor prevented me. Like I said before, I feel quite optimistic about this Assembly, and I feel like it could be the one I've served on yet.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »

Thank you, Pikachu. I, likewise, would like to congratulate you on a great win in the election.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:53:29 PM »

I'm late as all get out, but congratulations on your election and ascension to the speakership! It's good to see you back in the saddle.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »

Press Release on Party Shift:

After some thought, I've decided to join the Labor Party. I'm not particularly fond of being an independent, and I find that several of my endorsements as of late have been towards members of Labor. Especially with the collapse of TPP, I believe that we need a united left in Atlasia if we hope to continue standing up for progressive causes as we start to enter a new era.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »

Manchester, NH

First, I'd like to thank Atlasians for the warm welcomes I've received since joining Labor and returning to office. Second, I'd like to make a short speech on legislation recently on the floor in the Northeast. Since the beginning of my speakership, we've passed some good bills. First, we've finished the budget for this term, and we have a substantial surplus, even in these tougher times. Second, we've made progress on legislation and amendments that will hopefully lower automobile deaths and fix our constraining legislative appointment system. Finally, we're making great progress on bills that will help two of the more vulnerable groups in society- refugees and veterans.

Even the midst of substantial turnover, the Northeastern government is working well and making progress.

However, with so much going on, I have not made any decisions on my plans for the February elections, and as of now, I'd like to announce that I have not yet made endorsements for the Labor party primary, or for the general elections in February. It looks as if we have an excellent group running, and I'm excited to see how everything turns out.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »

Endorsed for Northeast Senate!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 11:29:37 PM »

pikachu
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »

Philadelphia, PA

I'd like to officially declare my candidacy for the Northeast Senate seat this February! I'm not going to bore you with a particularly long speech today (that's for later in the campaign Wink ), but I feel that my large level of experience in Northeast government, my ability as a consensus maker in the Northeast, and my different ideological voice will give the capability to be a good for Senator, and let me to continue as an effective representative for Northeastern interests in the Senate. I plan on making more specific remarks on reform and policy in the future. I'd also like to thank Senator Truman and Assemblymen Smith for their endorsements. Truman's been a great friend, and great Atlasian for quite some time now, while I believe that Assm. Smith has a great future in this region's politics. Finally, I hope you, the citizens of the Northeast, vote for me, and give me yet another opportunity to represent you.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 10:19:46 AM »

Endorsed, good luck on your campaign.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 05:26:41 PM »

Congratulations on your promotion, Senator!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »

Congratulations on your promotion, Senator!

Thank you!

I'd like to thank Blair for his appointment, though I wish that it didn't have to happen because of the deregistration of one of the Northeast's best public servants. I'd also like to thank the Senate for choosing me to serve as Labor Party representative to the ConCon. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some good things done in both areas.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:00 PM »

Endorsed and congrats!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:45:38 PM »

It's been a busy week, but I'd like to thank the people of the Northeast for giving me the privilege of serving a full term in the Senate! A month ago, when I started to become active again, I never anticipated that I'd be able to get such a big victory for what's usually an extremely competitive seat. I'm honored by the wide range of supporters I had this election, and I hope to honor that support throughout this term. I'd also like to congratualte Gov. Blair, who I anticipate will continue to do an excellent job in his second term, and President Griffin, who's doing an amazing job as President, and I hope will continue to do so. Finally, though I'm no longer a part of it, I'm very excited to see the all the new members in the Northeast Assembly this term. Last year, me, Blair, and Clyde were in a similar position, and ai hsve confidence that this year's additions will accomplishment as much as we did, if not more. Once sgain, thank you all!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »

Congratulations! I look forward to welcoming you to the Senate next week.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, may I ask you a question? What do you think about the recent shoot out at that church?
pikachu
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, may I ask you a question? What do you think about the recent shoot out at that church?

I'd like to see more information, but police brutality, especially towards minorities, is a serious problem which needs to be addressed. Obviously, it's a bad thing, but it's troubling to see some officers being so nonchalant about it. The story does bring up other issues which are more ignored in our country, such as homelessness, an issue which I've come to realize recently is even more of a tragedy than I previously thought. That being said, I'd like to see more info before I make a more formal statement.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »

pikachu
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 12:15:12 AM »

I've returned from the hell of finals...

Regarding recent events, I strongly condemn the violence in the Pacific. As a man who has deep ties to the area, I hope and pray that people of all faiths are able to remain safe in these times. I do support Griffin's actions, and I call for the Senate to immediately start voting on Potus's bill.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:26 AM »

I'd like to apologize for low activity levels recently. My laptop completely broke down a few weeks ago, and along with finals and travelling, I haven't been able to be active as I'd like to. I'm hoping to be able to do more over the next few weeks, especially with my laptop supposed to returning soon.

-pikachu
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 11:35:47 PM »

Thank you senator for your service to Atlasia, good luck on your future endevors
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »

Working with you has been a pleasure, Senator. Good luck and best wishes - I hope to see you back in Nyman someday!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 11:48:32 PM »

You will be sorely missed. I hope to see you back sometime soon! In short:

RIP Pikachu, FF
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru