FE-3: Fremont Royalties Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:19:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE-3: Fremont Royalties Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FE-3: Fremont Royalties Act  (Read 1363 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sponsor: GAWorth
Initial debate and amendment introduction will last for 48 hours.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:31:36 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2016, 10:34:30 PM by Fmr. RG 1184AZ »

At this point as I said in the other thread I think it is best if we tabled this bill and place these provisions into the budget. As for the actual numbers  I would rather see these numbers converted to % instead of raw numbers. As an example we might have a royalty rate of 20% on a barrel of oil. These numbers have the potential to become outdated with inflation and the rapidly changing prices of natural resources.  

I introduce an motion to table this bill.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:56:47 PM »

I strongly support some taxes on fossil fuels (RINO, cuckservative), and I will include some of these in the budget, but I need a bit of convincing that these rates are appropriate.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:53:39 AM »

I strongly support some taxes on fossil fuels (RINO, cuckservative), and I will include some of these in the budget, but I need a bit of convincing that these rates are appropriate.
I agree with you on the fossil fuel taxes, but as with all taxes, I do not ant them higher than necessary, and reasonable rates are necessary. That said, I will do a little research and make sure that we have adequate tax rates (in percentages, of course), while making sure they are not too high.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 01:11:53 AM »

I agree with the spirit of the bill, as taxes on fossil fuels will hopefully disincentive use of them.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2016, 11:44:51 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

I agree with the spirit of the bill, as taxes on fossil fuels will hopefully disincentive use of them.

I feel like I should elaborate more on this. Normally I disagree with the Government tellin the private sector what to do by taxing some things more and other things less, but these are truly extraordinary circumstances -- if we do not find a way to curb consumption of fossil fuels, the consequences will be far more punishing for our economy than anything these taxes could ever cause.

However, going too far too fast would have very severe short-term repercussions for our energy industry -- something we also want to try and avoid. It is possible to strike a balance between these two goals, of course, and I look forward to vigorous debate over this issue.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 12:03:14 AM »

I feel like I should elaborate more on this. Normally I disagree with the Government tellin the private sector what to do by taxing some things more and other things less, but these are truly extraordinary circumstances -- if we do not find a way to curb consumption of fossil fuels, the consequences will be far more punishing for our economy than anything these taxes could ever cause.

However, going too far too fast would have very severe short-term repercussions for our energy industry -- something we also want to try and avoid. It is possible to strike a balance between these two goals, of course, and I look forward to vigorous debate over this issue.

I agree. Obviously, we can't just completely realign the region's energy industry too quickly. It's implausible and would likely be economically destructive. Assuming we're not in a budget crunch, I think it might be useful to try redirecting revenue we get from this to projects that help with sustainability like public transit, funding more renewable forms of energy, etc. I think that there's probably more that we can do, but it might be best to work on that once we see what the regional economic situation looks like.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 11:06:11 AM »

I agree. Obviously, we can't just completely realign the region's energy industry too quickly. It's implausible and would likely be economically destructive. Assuming we're not in a budget crunch, I think it might be useful to try redirecting revenue we get from this to projects that help with sustainability like public transit, funding more renewable forms of energy, etc. I think that there's probably more that we can do, but it might be best to work on that once we see what the regional economic situation looks like.

When are getting the update on our region econ.? I feel like if we are waiting on details, then that should be top priority of whomever releases data. Also, when is the proposed budget of the Governor coming forward?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 01:46:40 AM »

Ted Bessell is currently on break (I am Acting Governor). When he gets back, maybe he'll give us some information. I hear that the budgets can take a while, so be patient.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »

I introduce the following amendment. These numbers have the potential to become outdated with inflation and the rapidly changing prices of natural resources. I have not changed the rates. exept for Natural gas which is being traded at $5.29 per 1000 cubic feet. https://www.google.ca/search?q=price+of+oil&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=peKvV6nsDs2qjwOB-YawCg#q=price+of++natural+gas+a+year and Coal which is trading at $41.10 per ton.
https://www.quandl.com/collections/markets/coal

GAworth
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »

I introduce the following amendment. These numbers have the potential to become outdated with inflation and the rapidly changing prices of natural resources. I have not changed the rates. exept for Natural gas which is being traded at $5.29 per 1000 cubic feet. https://www.google.ca/search?q=price+of+oil&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=peKvV6nsDs2qjwOB-YawCg#q=price+of++natural+gas+a+year and Coal which is trading at $41.10 per ton.
https://www.quandl.com/collections/markets/coal

Well if we feel that we must have a percentage amount then I propose the following:
Oil: 33%
Natural Gas: 15%
Coal: 66%

With the revenue generated we can have a massive investment in Alternative Energy, Education, Healthcare, Housing, and other programs in the region.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 11:07:48 PM »

Can we vote on 1184AZ's amendment?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »