Is the preceding poster a poltroon or not?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:03:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is the preceding poster a poltroon or not?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Is the preceding poster a poltroon or not?  (Read 2473 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 11:55:13 PM »

one of hoonor and decorum. a paltroon?!? i dare say sir you are crossing a dangerous line....
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 06:00:08 AM »

one of hoonor and decorum. a paltroon?!? i dare say sir you are crossing a dangerous line....
You don't seem to be a poltroon, but she's a ma'am. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »

Badger is not a poltroon. He would never evade a honorable challenge.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 07:36:14 AM »

No way.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 07:49:09 AM »

Grumps may have his character flaws, but being craven is definitely not one of them. Smiley
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 08:09:03 AM »

Certainly not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »

Grumps may have his character flaws, but being craven is definitely not one of them. Smiley

Awwwww. 

SKIP
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

Nope.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »

Ordinarily I would say "no", but not having an avatar is a bit poltroonish.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 01:23:25 PM »

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

I didn't feel like I knew centrist well enough to make a certain answer.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 10:45:10 PM »

Yes, since she chickened out when her support for mandatory abortion was challenged. Then again, that might have been for the best.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »

Yes, since she chickened out when her support for mandatory abortion was challenged. Then again, that might have been for the best.

A. Screw you too

B. You took that position WAY out of context. You forgot the part about "only in cases of incest between siblings or parents and children to prevent children from having to live with crippling birth defects". But it's easier to attack someone when you leave out the reason they advocate a policy you disagree with. Then there's just an inflammatory strawman that gets people angry. And the best part is that you never technically lied about the opinion.

C. I considered changing it after someone made an argument that forced actual thought. I haven't actually changed my mind, and I probably should have said so.

D.Under this policy, people in first degree incest relationships would know that they can't have biological children, so they wouldn't bother trying, instead probably opting to adopt.

E. Seriously, you left out what the opinion actually is, or even the most basic description of where it was even discussed, leaving people with nothing to go off of but your own mischaracterization. A pretty cowardly thing to do. So yes, you are very much a paltroon. Did you expect me to just take you spitting in my face? Because I won't. And this isn't the first time you did this. You called me "some random edgy creep whow supports mandatory abortions". I defended myself  (albeit rather awkwardly). You never responded.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »

Less of a poltroon than, say, The Arizonan.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:01 AM »

A. Screw you too

B. You took that position WAY out of context. You forgot the part about "only in cases of incest between siblings or parents and children to prevent children from having to live with crippling birth defects". But it's easier to attack someone when you leave out the reason they advocate a policy you disagree with. Then there's just an inflammatory strawman that gets people angry. And the best part is that you never technically lied about the opinion.

C. I considered changing it after someone made an argument that forced actual thought. I haven't actually changed my mind, and I probably should have said so.

D.Under this policy, people in first degree incest relationships would know that they can't have biological children, so they wouldn't bother trying, instead probably opting to adopt.

E. Seriously, you left out what the opinion actually is, or even the most basic description of where it was even discussed, leaving people with nothing to go off of but your own mischaracterization. A pretty cowardly thing to do. So yes, you are very much a paltroon. Did you expect me to just take you spitting in my face? Because I won't. And this isn't the first time you did this. You called me "some random edgy creep whow supports mandatory abortions". I defended myself  (albeit rather awkwardly). You never responded.

Oh wow, I didn't expect this level of self-righteous outrage from someone who's proudly advocating for policies most people with a conscience find inherently abhorrent. Funny.

You're more than welcome to resume the old thread and continue the discussion there. You left a post by Nathan unanswered and I'm really curious to see you grapple with it. If you somehow can put together a coherent response, I'd be happy to take my turn at debunking it.

(BTW, a quick skim of this might help you understand why the specific circumstances for which you're advocating for mandatory abortions are morally irrelevant to most of us)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »

Antonio is just about the opposite of a poltroon, even though I'd imagine we mutually agree on maybe two or three issues at most.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2016, 01:19:03 AM »

RFayette is not a poltroon.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2016, 01:54:00 AM »

A. Screw you too

Oh wow, I didn't expect this level of self-righteous outrage from someone who's proudly advocating for policies most people with a conscience find inherently abhorrent. Funny.

You're more than welcome to resume the old thread and continue the discussion there. You left a post by Nathan unanswered and I'm really curious to see you grapple with it. If you somehow can put together a coherent response, I'd be happy to take my turn at debunking it.

(BTW, a quick skim of this might help you understand why the specific circumstances for which you're advocating for mandatory abortions are morally irrelevant to most of us)

Don't complain about me afting self righteous when you'return oozing with it yourself. You finding something abhorrent doesn't mean that everyone does. And even if that were true, my argument for this position is that not doing it would cause more harm than good. You refuse to acknowledge that fact, perhaps because then you wouldn't be able to act like I don't have a consious. Then you might have to actually think.

It's not the disagreement that's the problem,  (though I admit that I can be intense and confrontational about disagreements, sometimes justified, usually not; probably because I get pissed off when people I perceive as being wrong keep holding the same opinions, so debates get heated) It's the not even talking about my arguments, instead pretending that I just believe it cause I'm evil or something.

You are being an asshole, bluntly. You'be made multiple jabs at me since the first incest thread, all without context, that would have no logical point other then to either hurt me or damage my reputation.

And that moral system you linked to is disgusting. The philosophy was criticized for implying the belief that it was immoral to not tell a murderer where their target was, and the creator of the philosophy said that implication was true. I.E. he said it was morally wrong to protect someone from a murderer by lying about their location. I'm not going to read anymore of it, because it's a stupid philosophy.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2016, 01:56:30 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2016, 02:02:28 AM by Phyllis Dare, Secret Agent »

The categorical imperative may have been criticized for indicating that it's wrong to lie to protect somebody from a murderer, but consequentialism has been criticized for indicating that it's moral to kill someone to harvest their organs. Clearly you didn't even read to the end of the section in question, which brings up a possibility that both Kant and Constant fail to address. Is it possible that the originator of a concept may not have the most ironclad understanding of it??!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2016, 04:40:52 AM »

Nathan: most certainly not a poltroon.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »

Kal is a Zombie poltroon.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2016, 03:20:58 PM »

Sanchez is a great guy, we agree on about 90% of stuff,, and he has a wicked sense of humor?  Poltroon?  I think not.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »

nope
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »