The White House: House Clearing Stuff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:43:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: House Clearing Stuff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The White House: House Clearing Stuff  (Read 6960 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
« edited: January 06, 2017, 05:50:50 PM by President Blair »

Public Office for the Blair Adminstration

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:02:37 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »

Statement

This morning I was delighted to swear in as President, and finally end this saga. I'd like to thank Truman for his precise, and brilliant stewardship of the game in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure we all agree that there was no better to do this job.

I'd like to thank Justice Yankee for his co-operation in the last week- without his agreement this would not be a possible. It's a testament to his character that he did was he always does; he put the game first. Hand in hand with that I'd like to thank KingPoleon for his understanding, his patience and his co-operation. It was brilliant to run the campaign with him, and I know that this is not the end of his public service.

I will be spending the rest of today carrying out a lot of much needed house keeping. My transition process put a lot in place, but there's still a lot to do. I intent to announce my full Cabinet by tonight, and to begin the creation of the National Security Council. There is a lot of work to do, but this is the time for all Atlasians to work together in the name of national unity.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »

My first action as President was to pass this executive order to transform the office of the President. Whilst I will outline a lot more in my inauguration speech (to be published tomorrow) it's vital that we begin the task of renewing the game. This starts with making the Presidency a strong, and central cog

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 02:37:56 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:45:32 AM »

Presidential Schedule

Monday, 28th November, 2016

• President Blair will deliever his inaugural address to the Nation.
  • President Blair will meet with congressional Leaders to discuss the next term, and issues facing congress.
  • President Blair will meet with the GM regarding game reform, and finish the drafting of much needed legislation to strengthen the role of GM.
  • President Blair will travel to Orlando, Florida, to unveil the federal memorial to the Pulse Nightclub attack.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »

I wish I could stand here, and wax lyrical about being elected as President, and the honor the nation has bestowed on me. I am truly grateful for the opportunity given to me; but I feel that now is the time to be frank. We need to fight to save this game, and today the fightback begins.

It's time for the cold truth. The game is in trouble. We had more than 100 people vote in the last Presidential Election, we have most offices fulled and we've ushered in a new Constitution in the last year. From the outside it may look like the game is flourishing- but it is not. In politics you should always start by assuming that the worst can happen.

However we should enter into this challenge with confidence, with boldness and with the tenacity to fight. We have an opportunity on our hands to change the way that Atlasia works; and this requires a constant push towards reform. I promise you this- at the end of my term in office no-one will be able to say that I did not fight this fight- as President I'm going to fight, fight and fight again to save this game.

This starts with the Great Reform Act I hope to pass; which will transform the role of the GM, create a new national security council, introduce new media groups and introduce a governance audit to make sure that the people we elect do there jobs. The problem of the past (one I was guilty of as Governor) is writing speeches and memos whist Rome burns. It doesn't matter how many bills we pass, or frankly who wins an election if you're stood their presiding over the rubble.

Me and Yankee fought two tough elections against each other, they showed that there is still spark left in this game, and that it can ignite something brilliant. We need to carry this energy over, and that's why I'm delighted that he agreed to put aside our Partisan differences, and work together.

I've put together my cabinet, and will begin work on the center piece of legislation for my administration- healthcare reform. I will be working with players across the political spectrum to ensure that we can guarantee universal coverage to all Atlasians, whilst allowing for a high quality and wide reaching healthcare package for all citizens. However as I said before this cannot take place in a vacuum- we need to bring new players in, make the game exciting, create a real media environment and bring some spark back to the game.

This will be a long, and hard journey friends. It's one that will continue after my Presidency; but it is one I know that we can make.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 06:34:31 PM »

Statement at the Pulse Memorial

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »

President Blair will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow at his residence. (Real Talk I've had/got limited access for the next 24 hours)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 11:40:22 PM »

Mr. President, please ask the appropriate person to open confirmation hearings.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 06:26:30 AM »

Constitutional Amendment idea: name who opens confirmation hearings in the absense of a VP. I'd probably say Speaker and PPT first, then maybe everyone else in both houses by order, or something like that, in case all 3 offices are vacant.

Also I really look forward to the Great Reform Act. If it overwhelms Congress, however, you might should split it into two Good Reform Acts. Tongue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 11:30:46 AM »

Constitutional Amendment idea: name who opens confirmation hearings in the absense of a VP. I'd probably say Speaker and PPT first, then maybe everyone else in both houses by order, or something like that, in case all 3 offices are vacant.

Also I really look forward to the Great Reform Act. If it overwhelms Congress, however, you might should split it into two Good Reform Acts. Tongue

I believe it's the PTT of the Senate (Clyde) We seem to have this problem everytime; and I'm tempted to just write into the House/Senate rules
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »

First Presidential Trip Abroad

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 01:07:54 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »

Will provide you with Mexican feedback

The GM.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »

Will provide you with Mexican feedback

The GM.

My secretary forgot to PM you about it Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 02:27:44 PM »

Would you please resign as Yankee beat you fair and square and let him have what is rightfully his. The presidency
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 03:10:26 PM »

Would you please resign as Yankee beat you fair and square and let him have what is rightfully his. The presidency

What a quick reaction!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2016, 05:06:46 PM by President Blair »

1.) The Supreme Court certified the result; look at the judgement of both Justices Dereich and TJ for the integrity of this ruling (with Dereich himself saying he would have ruled with the majority)

2.) The Election Administrator himself certified the result as tied after the ruling.

3.) Yankee signed onto the agreement election, 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2016, 05:58:11 PM by President Blair »

Presidential Schedule

Canadian and European Travel Schedule

8th December :  Berlin, Germany
9th December :  Oslo, Norway
10th December: London, United Kingdom
11th December: Paris, France
12th December: Warsaw, Poland
13th December: Tallin, Estonia
14th December: Kiev, Ukraine

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 08:07:16 PM »

Just minutes ago I signed the following executive orders into law. After my visit to Mexico I promised to put environmental justice at the center of my agenda in Atlasia; the first three steps that I've taken may appear minor but they're part of the long journey towards a more sustainable society. As always I'll run through my rationale for my decisions.

I've always had concerns about Fracking, and I proposed a Moratorium in the legislation I proposed yesterday but I wanted to ensure that action could be taken immediately. Firstly with fracking there's valid concerns about water quality but I'm also very much of the belief that fracking pushes us further on the path towards an unsustainable energy future reliant on fossil fuels as a dominant part of the energy mix.

My second action may appear more niche, but the problem of low quality diesel being dumped on developing nations is a real problem. Whilst European nations have a limit on Sulphur, many developing countries don't- leading to high levels of air pollution.

My final executive order is one I've been meaning to pass for ages, but have been reminded by recent events. I've always been a consistent supporter of Native Atlasian rights, and ensuring that they're given a fair and equal seat at the table. This executive order ensures this will happen.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 08:14:31 AM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 08:25:05 AM »

I went with one month in my amendment to the Federal Electoral Act, but 42 days works too. I look forward to speaking to you about this, Mr. President.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies