Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind  (Read 54696 times)
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

« on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

This is a good thread

May I contribute some?
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:07:04 AM »

This is a good thread

May I contribute some?

How so? I kind of want to keep this mostly as an independent project.

I'm curious about what other politicians, media members, and even comedians are thinking during this process.

I'd like to see a phone conversation between Barack and Joe.

A conversation between Bill & Hillary with Chelsea as she mulls her political future

Is Nancy Pelosi mulling stepping down from Congress?

A Republican Senator is mulling over a serious primary challenge to Trump. He ran in 2016 and is from a highly populous, large southern state (starts with a T...). This senator sees that Trump is not the reincarnation of Reagan but their Jimmy Carter and will cause the Rs to lose badly in 2020.

Colbert in pre-show preparation meeting and discussing interviewing a presidential candidate. You could do the same with Jon Oliver, Seth Meyers, Trevor Noah, Samantha Bee, etc.

Putin

Mitch McConnell attends Fancy Farm and gets an awakening

How does Paul Ryan *REALLY* feel about members of his own caucus and Donald Trump?

And speaking of Trump, there are a lot of different avenues one could take with his time in the White House. You could highlight that things aren't the same as it was when he ran in 2016. The crowds are getting smaller. There is now more hostility towards his administration and policies especially from people that supported him.

I assume after the midterms he fired several members of his cabinet (kept Mattis & Sessions, fired Devos & Carson, Kelly resigned over scandal, Tillerson left due to policy differences that was later revealed as a scandal) as well as replaced people within his circle. Bannon and Conway are still there, just in different capacities. Spicer and Priebus have been replaced with yes-men who were later replaced with other yes-men. He is pretty much alone, isolated at this point and it is getting worse. Trump walks White House hallways late at night, alone.

Those are some of the ideas I have.
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:39:15 PM »

When is the next update?
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

I think you mentioned this earlier but the convention sites

Democrats: Indianapolis
Republicans: Las Vegas

I'm curious about the third party candidates. Who did they nominate? Did the Greens realize that Jill Stein is a grifter and have gone with someone who could possibly get 2% of the national popular vote?

Did Gary Johnson improve his foreign policy credentials so that he at least knows where countries are on a map?

How many debates are there (I assume 3 and a VP), where are they, moderators, and formats? I'd like to see some perspectives from debate moderators, pundits, and certainly the Obamas, Clintons, and other Ds. Maybe a few Rs and Trump on what they think about the 2020 general campaign.
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »

In addition to the presidential, are you going to do senate races and key house races? I’m not asking for all 435 House races (that’s insane) but just ones that highlights how the night is going. Maybe do a House popular vote vs. number of seats

I expect you will show what is going on the other news channels, especially Fox News.

And I’m curious who you have going against Gardner here in Colorado? I see a state legislator running against him and winning.

Keep the good work & hopefully you will continue this past Election 2020
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies