Parental Consent on abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Parental Consent on abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should minors be required to have parental consent before having an abortion?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Parental Consent on abortion  (Read 16833 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »

Yes. At the very least, notification.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

No, nope, and nay.

It should be "encouraged". I can sympathize with the other side, but we have to be realistic here. Some people are crazy, and some of these crazy people are parents.

You have to have parental consent to watch a PG13 movie, but its fine to get an abortion? Really?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:30:53 AM »

No, nope, and nay.

It should be "encouraged". I can sympathize with the other side, but we have to be realistic here. Some people are crazy, and some of these crazy people are parents.

You have to have parental consent to watch a PG13 movie, but its fine to get an abortion? Really?
abortions are good. wanna fight me on it, Mr will never have the choice to make because I am not a female?

if we allow abortions, then we cant require males to pay child support under any circumstances
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2009, 12:50:40 AM by Alexander Hamilton »

No, nope, and nay.

abortions are good. wanna fight me on it, Mr will never have the choice to make because I am not a female?

if we allow abortions, then we cant require males to pay child support under any circumstances
now that is what i call a bad argument. If men don't want to pat then they can uses this thing called condoms!!! Don't require the girl to hold all the responsibility. A pregnancy does not just take a money problems to girls you know. They actually have things to deal with. While you guys just have to pay a little to something he created as well. And I can guarantee that girls don't want to get pregnant. But abortions should be allowed if the condom broke, rape, or if she new it would be deformed, pill didn't work. If you had no contraception and didn't want to pay for child support then don't do any girls.

no. thats a bad argument. if we are going to leave the child's full future up to the women, then she therefore receives all responsibility for that choice. unless you want to require the father and mother both to agree on the abortion. but unless we do that, it is unfair to men to allow women to either kill their child or steal their money for 18 years. of course i agree that abortions should be allowed for rape, incest, etc. i never said anything about that. but how can we allow minors to have abortions when consent laws dont even allow them to have sex in the first place? thats a bit contradictory.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 01:03:30 AM »

No, nope, and nay.

now that is what i call a bad argument. If men don't want to pay then they can uses this thing called condoms!!! Don't require the girl to hold all the responsibility. A pregnancy does not just take a money problems to girls you know. They actually have things to deal with. While you guys just have to pay a little to something he created as well. And I can guarantee that girls don't want to get pregnant. But abortions should be allowed if the condom broke, rape, or if she new it would be deformed, pill didn't work. If you had no contraception and didn't want to pay for child support then don't do any girls.

no. thats a bad argument. if we are going to leave the child's full future up to the women, then she therefore receives all responsibility for that choice. unless you want to require the father and mother both to agree on the abortion. but unless we do that, it is unfair to men to allow women to either kill their child or steal their money for 18 years.
I was going down to your level. Tongue no one is stealing money. And you don't have the baby, SHE does. And it is not a child in the first trimester. Also men ditch. women would ditch if they could but they cant. What i don't get is that you think you have a say on what happens to someone else's body!! Isn't that were the extreme limits end? But lets be honest, who does it effect the most?

Im not talking about banning abortion.

Abortion is legal. That means women have the only say on a child's existence. If men can't have a say, why should they be forced to pay for it? A women should have to accept full responsibility for the child if she wants to have sole determination.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »

No, nope, and nay.

now that is what i call a bad argument. If men don't want to pay then they can uses this thing called condoms!!! Don't require the girl to hold all the responsibility. A pregnancy does not just take a money problems to girls you know. They actually have things to deal with. While you guys just have to pay a little to something he created as well. And I can guarantee that girls don't want to get pregnant. But abortions should be allowed if the condom broke, rape, or if she new it would be deformed, pill didn't work. If you had no contraception and didn't want to pay for child support then don't do any girls.

no. thats a bad argument. if we are going to leave the child's full future up to the women, then she therefore receives all responsibility for that choice. unless you want to require the father and mother both to agree on the abortion. but unless we do that, it is unfair to men to allow women to either kill their child or steal their money for 18 years.
I was going down to your level. Tongue no one is stealing money. And you don't have the baby, SHE does. And it is not a child in the first trimester. Also men ditch. women would ditch if they could but they cant. What i don't get is that you think you have a say on what happens to someone else's body!! Isn't that were the extreme limits end? But lets be honest, who does it effect the most?

Im not talking about banning abortion.

Abortion is legal. That means women have the only say on a child's existence. If men can't have a say, why should they be forced to pay for it? A women should have to accept full responsibility for the child if she wants to have sole determination.
So one lady gets an abortion, and another keeps the child, does the man in the second senerio lose all responsibility?

Yes he does, because if the women didn't want to take care of the child, she shouldn't have had it knowing that it was ALL UP TO HER.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 03:14:20 AM »

No, nope, and nay.

lolwut?
I remember being 11 and walking scotfree into Blockbuster renting PG-13 movies all the time, never getting ID'd once and also going to the theatre to see PG-13 movies with my friends, without my parents. No consent needed.
If they really do care that much in Bakersfield, then I agree with you that Bakersfield is more wacked out than Tulsa.

Not at the movies, but at school. R movies you have to be 17 to buy a ticket though.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »

Yes.  But if the minor has been raped or if her life and/or future reproductive health are in jeopardy...exceptions should be allowed.

Well, I'd agree that exceptions for health should be allowed obviously... Which sort of renders the debate moot since minors by definition are at greater risk for serious complications.

health=discomfort=a slight headache, etc.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:23 PM »

Yes.  But if the minor has been raped or if her life and/or future reproductive health are in jeopardy...exceptions should be allowed.

Well, I'd agree that exceptions for health should be allowed obviously... Which sort of renders the debate moot since minors by definition are at greater risk for serious complications.

I'm sure a doctor would be the one to decide whether the possible health complication was serious enough to warrant an abortion...

Yeah... Doctors are so professional, right?

I can't go get a medicinal marijuana card for my "back pain" right now, can I?
I can't go get me some Vicodin?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:13:17 AM »

I'm sure a doctor would be the one to decide whether the possible health complication was serious enough to warrant an abortion...

There are lots of(almost all I would assume) abortion doctors abortionists who think ending life in the womb is perfectly ok for no reason at all, so I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem giving the go ahead on an abortion for bogus health reasons...

Fixed.

Actually yeah, the word "doctor" probably shouldn't be used in their case except as part of their title for having completed a doctorate.
you should be able to have an abortion if you just don't want the kid. what is this health crap? For whatever reason makes her choose abortion is a legit reason. Health has nothing to do with it.

No, you shouldn't.

And if do so, you should be charged with murder just as if you had killed a child outside the womb.
yes SHE should have that right. and it is not murder!!!! it isnt even a baby yet. and cells die all the time. when you scratch or shave. It is the same thing. IT IS JUST A CELL!!  why are you trying to infringe upon someone right? you are an idiot.

we are all just cells. lets just kill everyone.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 02:05:29 AM »

A five-year old is technically an undeveloped human being.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies