Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped  (Read 10938 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 15, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »

If you want to feel safe, not going to parties with a lot of alcohol is bad advice why? 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »

If you want to feel safe, not going to parties with a lot of alcohol is bad advice why? 

Because it denies the human agency of rapists and excuses their behavior.

"Be careful with food around your campsite" is good advice for avoiding problems with bears and raccoons. But we don't treat bears and racoons as people, and we certainly don't let them vote. What Kasich is implicitly saying is that its somehow unfair or wrong to create a standard that requires human beings to act decently (particularly towards women) thereby giving de facto permission for what is completely unacceptable, criminal and destructive behavior.

If Kasich had been asked about the Holocaust, and replied "Jews should have gotten out of Germany" his career would be over. Or, if he were God forbid, assassinated, no one would think that, "I guess he shouldn't have run for president" would be approrpirate.

When the State Dept advises against Americans going to Somalia or Nigeria, are they denying agency to Islamic terrorists and excusing their behavior?   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:00:11 PM »

When the State Dept advises against Americans going to Somalia or Nigeria, are they denying agency to Islamic terrorists and excusing their behavior?   
The difference between imminent threat and observed threat. It is necessary to caution against imminent threat.

Huh
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »

It sure is reassuring to know that college boys never take advantage of inebriated young women and so they have nothing to fear from these situations. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2016, 09:03:56 PM by shua »

I think you'd probably find the response of 'ordinary society' to this thread even less to your liking.

Imagine the response if any other candidate tried to make an issue out of this.

"John Kasich wants to tell your daughter not to go to parties with alcohol because he thinks they'll be raped.  What a loser!  I support college students drinking heavily, and I'm not afraid of your daughter getting raped. I'm Donald J. Tump and I approve of this message."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies