William Harvey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:26:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  William Harvey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: William Harvey  (Read 1599 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 29, 2008, 04:19:49 PM »
« edited: December 29, 2008, 04:21:27 PM by He Sees You When You're Sleeping, He Knows When You're Awake »

Best I can figure it was just a matter of Populism. Washington, Idaho, and the rest of the west was fairly receptive to Populist ideals and generally anyone who ran on those ideas got a decent portion of the state-wide vote.

Why he got only a reasonable size of the vote in those two states is confusing, but Washington was a Populist state. (Once or twice have Populists and Populist Democrats Governors of the state.)

(It looks like he got 1.16% of the vote in South Dakota and .7% in North Dakota and Montana. Small numbers, but it does seem like the Populism had alot to do with it. His support in Washington could just be to more urban areas in Washington state than other western/midwestern states or just different economic conditions.)

I'm not sure if that helped or if I'm just ranting. But you did give me an idea for a Washington Senator in my timeline. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies