Opinion of the Black Panther Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:49:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Black Panther Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Black Panther Party
Freedom Organization

Horrible Organization

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of the Black Panther Party  (Read 1718 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: August 12, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »

Freedom Organization (not a racist or an idiot)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:28:05 PM »

Yeah, providing free breakfasts and medical care to kids in the ghetto is horrifying, isn't it?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:08:40 PM »

Freedom Organization (not a racist or an idiot)

Because there aren't racists or idiots in the Black Panthers.

HO.

Totally missing the point, but that's unsurprising, given your posting history.

Yeah, providing free breakfasts and medical care to kids in the ghetto is horrifying, isn't it?

Well, no, although, firebombing shops that failed to donate sufficient quantities of eggs (so I believe) to the free breakfasts in question is somewhat troubling to me. Oh well, that's just me being upper-middle class. I love a bit of order, comfort and security. I generally find revolutionary movements with violent tendencies (especially against those of a... pale skin colour, like my good self) to be rather disturbing. Of course, who's to say that had I been born in said ghetto in the 1950's that I wouldn't have been a Black Panther. But, I wasn't, fortunately enough, and now I wish to enjoy the fruits of my good fortune (as well as my family's hard work) in peace, without being shot at by angry dudes with afros and sunglasses.

The 'violent tendencies' of the BPP were always in response to the violence exhibited every single day upon black communities by the larger community. They never lashed out for the sake of lashing out, only for the sake of defending themselves and their own communities from racist violence and oppression. In the case of the Black Panthers (and in the case of oppressed groups in general), any use of violent tactics should be understood as self-defense and treated as such, especially when said communities are under constant siege from the world around them. Society cannot have order or peace until the subjugation of certain groups by others is undone and everyone can live as they wish. Until then, groups like the Black Panthers deserve our support and admiration, not condemnation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies