14 States may target birthright citizenship (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:08:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 States may target birthright citizenship (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 States may target birthright citizenship  (Read 9708 times)
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« on: January 03, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »

I haven't found any reasoning behind this yet, so race is really the only logical possibility.

...or they are tired of people taking advantage of the system.

I just wish these debates didn't become "You want to change the law because you hate brown people."

Same, no other nation of the world with a similar degree of power as the United States allows children born on their soil to automatically become citizens. Too many people abuse the system now with the intent of staying on American soil because their children were born here.

A list of all nations of the world with a similar degree of power as the United States (excepting the US):
{}

Now, it's well established mathematically that {} is a subset of any set.  Thus,
{} is a subset of {nations which allow children born on their soil to automatically become citizens}

Therefore your first sentence is flat wrong.  In fact, all nations with a similar degree of power to the US have birthright citizenship.

As for your abuse of the system line: you're a parrot repeating a talking point unless you can find me an estimate as to how much it's costing us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies