United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:29:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 181373 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 17, 2016, 08:16:04 PM »

I feel very bad for the family of MP Jo Cox (Labour). Very sad, very, very sad. On the other hand, I see Leave winning by a few points. If that's the case, PM Cameron will probably have to step aside for Boris Johnson or Michael Gove as PM and Tory leader. However, Johnson is very charismatic and could beat Corbyn in the PMQ's. However, people see Johnson as the British Trump. Imagine Prime Minister Johnson meeting with President Donald Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »

Boris Johnson will not be Prime Minster; not matter the result of the referendum.

I think he may. There is tension right now in the Conservative Party. I could see him, Osborne, May, or even a dark horse like Priti Patel, a Hindu MP to be a potential successor to Cameron.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/priti-patel-who-top-tory-right-winger-tipped-be-face-brexit-campaign-1542619
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »

Boris Johnson will not be Prime Minster; not matter the result of the referendum.

I think he may. There is tension right now in the Conservative Party. I could see him, Osborne, May, or even a dark horse like Priti Patel, a Hindu MP to be a potential successor to Cameron.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/priti-patel-who-top-tory-right-winger-tipped-be-face-brexit-campaign-1542619

There is too much MPs hating Boris for him to be PM.

Conservatives use an hybrid method for electing leader, MPs vote on the candidates, by rounds, elimilating the lowest vote getter until there is only 2 candidates, which are sent on full membership election. So, you need consequent support among the MPs to reach the final step.

A good dark horse would be Stephen Crabb. Young, handsome. He could lead the Tories for another generation.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »

Despite the poll that was released on Saturday, I still see Britain leaving the EU, and then Cameron will probably leave as PM and Tory Leader. Another potential Tory leader is Oliver Letwin, who is the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster. Letwin would be a potentially good choice for the Tories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Letwin
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »

I don't want to say this, but I think Britain is going to leave tonight. I have a strong feeling.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

I think Leave will win at the end. Cameron will be out soon.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 10:11:26 PM »

In all seriousness though

this is really, really terrible.

Eh, it depends. You can't have a mass influx of refugees and undocumented immigrants. It's not good.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »

With this, I wonder if Cameron will step down tomorrow. This is a big development. George Osborne would have to step aside as Finance Minister as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies