House approves Keystone Pipeline....onto the Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:25:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  House approves Keystone Pipeline....onto the Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House approves Keystone Pipeline....onto the Senate  (Read 2857 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: November 14, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

If the Republicans would come to their senses and realize that the government isn't their own personal allowance that they can just spend on frivolous projects like this one, maybe they would have a shot at being taken seriously.

Doesn't look like they are ready for that.
If approved, the government wouldn't be paying for it, just allowing it to be built (at least in my understanding). It's true they received subsidies from the government of Alberta, but I don't think they would get any from the Feds.

Anyway, I think it should be approved, but the Republican obsession it with it (touting it as one of their main policies as if approving a single project qualifies as a valid plan for solving unemployment) is dumb. The environmentalist opposition is equally dumb since all of the alternative methods of transport would produce greater emissions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies