Which is the best form of schooling? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:06:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which is the best form of schooling? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which form of schooling do you believe is the best?
Public (D)

Private (D)

Home (D)

Public (R)

Private (R)

Home (R)

Public (I)

Private (I)

Home (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Which is the best form of schooling?  (Read 4454 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 16, 2007, 02:36:13 AM »

Public schools are just fine.  Home schooling is a joke and private schools are only good because they don't let the riffraff in.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »

Unless your parents are licensed teachers, there is no reason to be home schooled.

The problem with home schooling is that you deprive children of important social interaction with other children and parents often indoctrinate their kids with their beliefs (be they liberal or conservative).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:48:37 PM »

Unless your parents are licensed teachers, there is no reason to be home schooled.

The problem with home schooling is that you deprive children of important social interaction with other children and parents often indoctrinate their kids with their beliefs (be they liberal or conservative).

And the problem with forcing people to send their kids to state run schools is that it pisses on the Constitution.

When did I advocate forcing children to attend state run schools?  I simply think they are the best and most affordable option for most children.  Most private schools charge tuition that is right up there with public school expenditures and on top of that public schools must bus the children to and from school and also educate children that require special needs and special attention that can be much more expensive.

Again, the private schools take the cream of the crop and then people who advocate private education look at private schools (a bad example) as the example of what schools would be like in a private system.  It simply is not the case, and I don't need to cite that.  If you don't believe me, go and find opposing evidence and show me.

Also, having a system of public schools is by no means unconstitutional.  The Minnesota state constitution, for example, requires the state to maintain a system of uniform public schools throughout the state.

Also, happening to live in a bad district is no excuse here as we have open enrollment, which means parents may enroll their children in other districts if they don't find theirs to be up to par.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies