New Voter Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:55:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Voter Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: New Voter Map  (Read 9813 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2005, 09:38:32 PM »

hmmm.. Florida and Minnesota in the same district?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 09:44:40 PM by Frodo »

At least they are geographically attached and contiguous -unlike Harry's map (among others), for instance, in which the districts split each other up. 

In an ideal situation, if it were up to me, I would either maintain the status quo with the senate district map we already have, or go for either Joe Republic or Peter Bell's proposals.

Barring the above, Hughento's map is, as I already have said, the least unacceptable of the alternatives presented.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2005, 09:48:13 PM »

Another  thing, I just thought I would remind you of the guidelines behind redrawing senate district boundaries -and to be honest with you, this came as an unwelcome surprise to me when I read it:

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up"?  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic and social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:30 PM »

I'll have to talk to the governors directly about adopting this map.

I refuse to be in the same District as Massachusetts.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2005, 10:59:03 PM »

Oh, I thought the districts weren't supposed to be similar to the regions...my bad...

Anyway, I wholeheartedly support my map and beseech the govs to enact it.  It's finally a step away from region-dominated district maps!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2005, 11:02:57 PM »

The numbers are a bit shaky, i'll edit them as I go, but it'd be roughly like this.

And this would be the 2004 election result...

Kerry would win 298-240.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2005, 03:09:01 AM »

Move to Connecticut then. Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2005, 04:02:44 AM »

Mine is clearly the best

23 in grey
22 in each of light blue, dark blue, light red, dark red
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2005, 04:07:44 AM »

Sorry to tell you, but it's illegal.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2005, 04:09:10 AM »

How?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2005, 04:35:53 AM »

Here's my attempt at shaking things up. Smiley

District breakdown:

District 1: 23 voters
District 2: 22 voters
District 3: 22 voters
District 4: 23 voters
District 5: 22 voters
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2005, 04:48:02 AM »

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
I find it heavily ironic that your signature image (made by Don, of course) includes an implied jab from the SAP to the Freedom Party, since one of its founding members was in the Freedom Party and supported you for president.  I'm not a member of the SAP (though everyone seems to think so, I even saw it on the Atlas Wiki), but you people bash it like there's no tomorrow.  So you don't like it, big deal.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2005, 06:14:49 AM »

IIRC there may be only one state between parts of the district. (The original rule was they had to be contiguous, it was then found that, for a while there, it was actually impossible to follow this rule as there were at the time too few people in New England, but too many people in NE+NY. The new rule was passed to make a New England+NJ district legal.)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2005, 09:36:06 AM »

Yall all know it's the best.  Not dominated by the regions; you know you want it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2005, 10:11:34 AM »

Look!1!1! Not Dmonated by the regons, LOL1!!111! WTF No CUlturla olr GEOGRAFIC baises LOL OMG1!1!!!!11!

LOL, haha!1!1!1!11!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2005, 10:50:10 AM »

District breakdown:

District 1: 23 voters
District 2: 22 voters
District 3: 22 voters
District 4: 23 voters
District 5: 22 voters

I like this one Cheesy

Mine are the best, though Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:13 AM »

Yall all know it's the best.  Not dominated by the regions; you know you want it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2005, 11:30:07 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2005, 11:32:51 AM by Supersoulty »

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
I find it heavily ironic that your signature image (made by Don, of course) includes an implied jab from the SAP to the Freedom Party, since one of its founding members was in the Freedom Party and supported you for president.  I'm not a member of the SAP (though everyone seems to think so, I even saw it on the Atlas Wiki), but you people bash it like there's no tomorrow.  So you don't like it, big deal.

Your point is true.  We included the Freedom Party to show that the SAP is not an exclusionary party.  Indeed, they hate all other types of people inclusively.

P.S.  And I will fight any idea that I think is destructive to the principles of Atlasia.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2005, 11:34:10 AM »

Why does it say "Unon"?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2005, 11:38:46 AM »

I brought that to Don's attention.  Don explained that they can't spell.  I took that as an adequate explanation.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2005, 11:40:43 AM »

I brought that to Don's attention.  Don explained that they can't spell.  I took that as an adequate explanation.
You might want to explain that in your sig, it looks more as if Don can't spell. Then again, he's a Southerner too after all, so maybe it's all part of the plan. Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2005, 11:45:45 AM by Supersoulty »

Look!1!1! Not Dmonated by the regons, LOL1!!111! WTF No CUlturla olr GEOGRAFIC baises LOL OMG1!1!!!!11!

LOL, haha!1!1!1!11!

There are some places (such as the northest, which acctually has been split before) where logical nessesity requires that we block an area together.  The "South" is not such an area.

The fact that you are offended by this is more telling of how illogical your "region above nation" philosophy is, than of any bias that we might have, esspecially since several regions have been split in the past (most notably the midwest).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2005, 12:58:03 PM »

Your point is true.  We included the Freedom Party to show that the SAP is not an exclusionary party.  Indeed, they hate all other types of people inclusively.

P.S.  And I will fight any idea that I think is destructive to the principles of Atlasia.
Yeah, I really hate blacks and gays and I'm obviously a far-right-wing hack and that's why I really belong in the SAP, because I'm so facsist and close-minded and hateful...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2005, 03:37:53 PM »

Yeah, I really hate blacks and gays and I'm obviously a far-right-wing hack and that's why I really belong in the SAP, because I'm so facsist and close-minded and hateful...

I'm glad that you can admit as much.  Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »

Like this one a lot, I do.  Propose it for you, I will.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies