Someguy running against Sanders in 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:12:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Someguy running against Sanders in 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Someguy running against Sanders in 2018  (Read 895 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: June 07, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

I like how people think this guy can actually win against Bernie.

Yeah, they're almost as delusional as the people who thought Bernie could win the nomination. Wink

He's untouchable in Vermont obviously. If he goes insane and scorched earth, the consequences would be within the Senate, not in Vermont.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »

I like how people think this guy can actually win against Bernie.

Yeah, they're almost as delusional as the people who thought Bernie could win the nomination. Wink

He's untouchable in Vermont obviously. If he goes insane and scorched earth, the consequences would be within the Senate, not in Vermont.

They kept Joe Lieberman around.  I'm pretty sure that means you can get away with anything. Tongue

But Lieberman was impotent and made no difference anyway (plus was the key 60th vote.) Had McCain won and he wasn't the decisive vote for control, there's no way they would've let him get away with it. Obama's easy victory helped diffuse the situation. In a scenario where Bernie goes scorched earth, Trump wins, and he is not the decisive vote for Senate control, I can't see them not punishing him.

Luckily, that is a fairly unlikely and convoluted scenario on all counts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies