The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:08:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last  (Read 28935 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: May 19, 2004, 03:00:48 PM »

I'm pro gay marriage but I'm not sure if I agree that it's a "right."

I probably agree with you Lunar... I just have really mixed feelings on this, if two people love each other than I believe that they should have the possibility of their stable long term relationship being recognised and them being allowed to marry... but I'm not sure if its "right" or "desirable"... I just don't know its a contentious issue and I haven't got a solid view.  

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 03:24:55 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2004, 03:33:53 PM by Ben »

Lets make this clear.

Human A. Cannot Kill Human B.

Now if Human A. is a mother and Human B is the child growing within her, then Human A still can’t Kill Human B "the Child".... Its that simple.

That said during the first trimmest and in extraordinary circumstances there after I see no reason why the woman should not have the option to have an abortion much as I may disagree.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:46:24 PM »

How much that statement resembles the sixth commandment. But much like the sixth commandment, it is an oversimplification not in keeping with the complexity of modern life and changes in the concept of morality.

So are you now saying that murder is permissible? I do not deny that killing another human being can be necessary, but only in extraordinary circumstances… as a rule I think that it is very fair to say that a human being would be in grave error to deprive another human being of life and that includes cases where it is a case of a mother wanting outside of the trimester to kill her child. Sorry funny old notion “that”.. ya know that people shouldn’t kill one another, every human being is endowed with inalienable rights and amougst them is the right to live.

Now if you want a discussion on morality well lets break out the Neitchzer, and then Plato’s theory of the forms and for good measure the bible….I’ll have to sharpen up but if you really want a dissuasion of moral relativism then sure go ahead. That said I doubt it would get us anywhere…          
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 04:01:23 AM »

That is SICK! Homosexual is not something that 'ruins the quality of life' of any individual, why would a mother choose to abort it!!! Besides...they cant test for that yet and by saying that it is a possibility means you now accept that homosexuals are simply born that way. Well done.

I never said it was a genetic or from birth. It's one possibility but I don't really buy it.

When you think about it by and large it’s a choice shaped by psychological factors that said you’re probably genetically predisposed to it. But look through history and the evidence that it is nurture is very strong in Sparta Homosexuality amongst men was the norm and the vast majority of men where Homosexual. In the Renaissance sexuality (meaning at the time any sexual activity that was not engaged in for the procreation of children) be it gay or straight neither was seen as much different from the other. The simple fact is that its Mostly a choice be it at a subconscious level but it is probably influenced by your genetic predispositions.    
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies