Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat  (Read 41259 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 07:05:23 PM »

I doubt any Democrat wins this seat in 2014, with an incumbent in place, it would be hard to do. Plus, it's drawn for a Republican, it doesn't matter if Obama won it, it's not a Democratic seat.

We've been over this before and I question why I continue to try, but this seat was drawn for a Republican (Bill Young). It wasn't drawn for any Republican. It's a winnable seat by any measure.

You don't need to repeat yourself, I saw what you posted before. It's certainly is a seat that is winnable for a Republican other than Bill Young, which is why it is held by a Republican right now.

I still don't see how you can take the fact a seat is held by a Republican right now and has been won by a Republican in the past and use that to say it's a Republican seat. By that logic CA-31's a Republican seat.

CA-31 went Republican because no Democrat was present in the general election, that's not that case with FL-13. FL-13 is R+2, CA-31 is D+6, that's a big difference. Democrats can win R+2 seats, but not with ease.

It's R+1. Same as FL-26, less than FL-18. This is a very winnable seat, as was demonstrated by FL Dems winning seats with similar numbers last cycle.

Seats won with presidential level turnout, and I seriously doubt Sink would have lost if turnout had been at presidential level (which isn't really possible in a special).
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies