Opinion of Santander (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:18:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Santander (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: y'know
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Opinion of Santander  (Read 8585 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: July 02, 2016, 10:01:56 AM »

The best posters are always the ones with 50-50 favorabilities. Great to see that trend continue! Smiley
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »

Actually nowhere in this thread or that long empty quote chain did you explain WHY.

(Also funny that Classic Bigot joined in since he did register on AAD but was laughed off.)

The problems with AAD, some of which are related and some of which aren't, I have found to be these (and don't say I don't understand, I'm decently active over there):

1) Hive-mind thinking: people like Classic are "laughed off" just because of their views - which, bad or good, still deserve to be heard

2) Brutal ageism: again - people like dar, Classic, and myself are ignored or disliked because of only their age, regardless of how much they contribute.

3) Bandwagon liking/disliking: depending on the poster, one person might get 14 likes for a post that another person would have 0 likes or even dislikes on

4) Lack of a What-Ifs board: best part of this forum IMO

5) They steal our maps

You must understand - these people were seeing their stature diminished on Atlas. They had been here forever and ever making what they thought were great contributions only to see a bunch of noobs, primarily with radical right views, come in here and think they were just as good and gain wide acceptance. Sure, some produced good work, but others brought absurd views that could be confused with trolling and broke the Terms of Services agreement. It took away the pride of being an Atlasian. All these people came in, and while many like you have contributed, there has been a simultaneous decline in quality of posting. They see that and cast the blame for this deterioration on to all newcomers.

Soon enough, they couldn't even get elected in Atlasia. There's economic anxiety too. Some haven't been able to get a job in months (or years even). Some have never been employed. Atlas was the outlet. And it was taken away by those that they thought were lesser contributors than themselves. It's really sad, and we should all sympathize with the grave reality of the situation.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 02:19:37 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Please stop saying "Drumpf," it's gross and not funny. Use the proper term, .

I like "Drumpf", and I don't want to need to look up and copy-paste an emoji every time I have to mention him.

I'll be open to changing my terminology if he loses by a comfortable enough margin that he and what he represents won't be a threat in the near future.

If a 70 year old woman can be funny, you can be too

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies