Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:11:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 263243 times)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »

True, but thankfully I had life insurance so I am back from the dead.

Yeah, my life insurance kicks ass.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »

True, but thankfully I had life insurance so I am back from the dead.

Yeah, my life insurance kicks ass.

Will the Governor bring forward legislation to open access to such kickass insurance to all Pacific citizens? Smiley

Perhaps

Wink
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

Voting ends March 11 at 6 pm PST.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2009, 09:29:20 PM by CultureKing »

Ok, voting is now over. Here are the results:

-Bgwah: 11 (Elected)
-Marokai Blue: 11 (Elected)
-Meekermariner: 11 (Elected)
-Lunar: 10 (Elected)
-CultureKing: 6 (Tie)
-Maxque: 6 (Tie)
-coffeebeans: 1

-----------------------------

So our Delegates to the Atlasia Constitutional Convention are:

Bgwah
Lunar
Marokia Blue
Meekermariner
Huh

-Governor CultureKing

Wow, the first time I did this I counted wrong... Embarrassing. Anyways we have a tie. We will now preceed to a runoff between Maxque and CultureKing. Please vote for one. The runoff will last for two days (ends on Saturday, March 14th at 8PM PST).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »

ok then here are our delegates:
Bgwah
CultureKing
Marokia Blue
Maxque
Meekermariner

---------------------------

You know Lunar you could have stayed in, I don't think Maxque nor I would have minded.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2009, 12:07:59 AM »

Also, you need the rewrite the certification. Marokia Blue doesn't exist. That is Marokai Blue.

Whoops, my bad:

Pacific Delegates:

Bgwah
CultureKing
Marokai Blue
Maxque
Meekermariner

-Governor CultureKing
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

We are now voting on the following petition to the federal government:
-------------

We the people of the Pacific wish to unite with our brothers and sisters in British Columbia and encourage the Federal Government to use whatever means deemed appropriate or necessary to "Convince" the Canadian government to cede sovereignty of this area.

------------
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »

I vote Aye
--------------

Total:
AYE: 6
NAY: 2

Governor CultureKing
------------------

And with that the process has begun. The Federal Government has been informed our the Pacific's desire to redraw the borders to incorporate our brothers in the North. Soon the Pacific shall be united in GLORY!!!

Oh, and perhaps we should delve into Marokai Blue's suggestion of a moon colony. Anyone interested? Perhaps we could bring it back and attach it to a moon pedestal?
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/kim_jong_il_announces_plan_to

Also we may want to pursue a claim of Antartica for the Pacific.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:42 AM »

A reminder to the Pacific Public:

We will have an election this Friday for the positions of Governor and Lieutenant governor. Currently there is only one candidate declared for either position... perhaps someone would like to run?

CultureKing
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

Might I suggest that you start discussing how to use the funds allocated to your region under the "Help Atlasia Study Act"?

Well, that's something to do.

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. Anyone have any estimates on exactly how much money this entails? I know it comes from a tax on the rich, but I would love to know an exact number.

Oh and I personally favor using this money towards only public institutions of higher learning, it is not the government's responsibility to interfere in private institutions (also in some cases this could be considered funding a religious institution which gets into the whole separation of church and state issue). Remember too that this is coming from a student currently enrolled at a private institution of higher learning. Perhaps we could simply drastically reduce tuition levels at public universities and state colleges (as well as helping out community colleges).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »

Um... anyone have any other ideas on what to do with the education money besides what I proposed?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »

I will be in Europe (London, Salzburg, and Berlin) for the next 12 days. As a result I will have severly limited internet access as I am travelling. Just a notification that your governor may not be very active in the next little while. If you need me and I am not answering please go ahead to Alcon, our great Lt. Governor.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »

Ok, so I am going to make a proposal for the education funding since everyone else seems hesitant to do so:

The Pacific Region has decided to allocate its funds from The Help Atlasia Study Act of 2009 in the following ways:
1) Towards decreasing tuition costs for public universities
2) Towards reducing the student vs teacher ratio in the classroom by hiring more teachers.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

please vote on the above measure.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »

I'm not sure than we could use that money for anything else than grants and lowering fees.

That is correct.

Isn't that exactly what I am proposing? I don't see why you can't gear grants and the lowering of fees to certain areas...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »

...ok how about simplifying it a bit:

The Pacific Region has decided to allocate its funds from The Help Atlasia Study Act of 2009 in the following way:
1) Towards decreasing tuition costs students attending (specifically economically disadvantaged students) public universities

better?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »

ok, so do we just want to proceed to a vote on the proposals or have a period of discussion?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 01:00:45 AM »

Ok, so a few things:

1) In a few days I will start my summer job as a camp counselor, as such I am only going to have at most an hour of internet per day, please be understanding. Though once a week I will have a day off to catch up on everything.

2) Very likely I will not be running for re-election in August. Have a fun time campaigning!

3) The following measures have been brought up for a vote. Please vote Aye or Nay (or you may abstain). Voting lasts one week.

-------------------------------------------------

Official Regional Name Bill
1) The Pacific Region's official name shall henceforth be "The People's Region of the Pacific".
2) Pacific, The Pacific, and the Pacific Region shall remain accepted casual names.

Renaming of San Luis Opisbo County Bill
1) San Luis Opisbo County, California shall henceforth be named San Luis Opebo County in honor of Opebo, Atlasia's longest serving Supreme Court Justice.

Affirmation of the Pacific Region's Right to Continue Existing Bill
1) The people of the Pacific Region vow to oppose any efforts to abolish or reduce their region.

Official Regional Plant Bill
1) Cannabis shall be the official regional plant of the Pacific effective immediately.

Government Furniture Bill
1) The Pacific Regional Government shall not purchase any furniture made with leather or any other product derived from the slaughter of animals effective immediately.

School Bus Bill
1) All public school buses in the Pacific Region must be repainted neon green effective August 1, 2009.

Salad Bar Bill
1) All public schools in the Pacific Region with at least 300 students must equip their cafeterias with a full-service salad bar by the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year in order to provide and encourage healthy eating choices.

Affirmative Action Ban Repeal Bill

The Affirmative Action Bill is hereby repealed.

CultureKing
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »

Official Regional Name Bill: 5-1 PASS

Renaming of San Luis Opisbo County Bill: 5-0-1 PASS

Affirmation of the Pacific Region's Right to Continue Existing Bill: 4-2 PASS

Official Regional Plant Bill: 4-2 PASS

Government Furniture Bill: 5-1 PASS

School Bus Bill: 4-2 PASS

Salad Bar Bill: 6-0 PASS

Affirmative Action Ban Repeal Bill: 3-3 VETO

-Governor CultureKing
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »

Also an announcement:
I am investing my powers as governor to the Lt. Governor of the Pacific should I not act in a timely manner in the coming months. After two weeks at my summer job as a camp counselor I realized that I will at times not be able to log on for prolonged periods of time, I only get two hours off a day and I have decided to shower and get rest before instead of using the internet... Though it should be better in the future as now I have got the hang of the job a bit more. Thank you for being patient.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2010, 11:57:51 AM »

Ebowed
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2012, 03:32:13 PM »

Aye!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies