2018 Senatorial Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:15:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  2018 Senatorial Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Senatorial Elections  (Read 80756 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 17, 2017, 06:54:03 PM »
« edited: August 17, 2017, 06:55:36 PM by MarkD »

Oh, good gravy!
First of all, NC is not scheduled to have a Senate election any time in the next 1.25 years.
Secondly, you sure are over-confident. You're predicting a net of +12 R?!? You're predicting that in Jan. 2019 there will be 64 Republicans in the Senate?!? I can understand an AtlasBlue poster being confident about keeping NV and AZ in the GOP column, and about winning most of the Toss-up or Lean D states, but you're even predicting a GOP win in one of the Safe D states (NM).

Oh well. Everyone's got an opinion, even when some of them are pretty wild.

Here's my prediction for the Senate races.
I also predict the GOP will keep NV and AZ, and they will most likely pick up MO, MT, and IN (assuming that the GOP does not kill itself with a nasty primary fight between Rokita and Messer). Out of these races: FL, ND, OH, PA, and WV -- all of them I would rank now as "Lean D," but probably four incumbents will win, and one won't, but I don't know which one to predict will lose. The rest of the Democratic seats will stay Democratic. In my opinion, MI and WI are just as "Likely D" as are VA and NJ. So I think the net change will just be +4.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies