FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86017 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: October 30, 2016, 05:30:25 PM »

Just makes Comey look even worse.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »

Why do you guys continue to let ChairmanSanchez troll you? Just put him on ignore.

As for Huma, well it wasn't her laptop to hand over.
It gets so hard not to respond to such sad posts though. 

And I can't put him on ignore because it won't let me.
Hydera

« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »

Two possibilities how Huma's emails got saved on the laptop she shared with Weiner.

She used software to access her state department related email and it downaded emails to the shared laptop as a backup and she didnt know.

Weiner was eavesdropping and saved her emails either to blackmail politically/financially/etc or just to look into her private affairs.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1403 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:29 PM »

Not really. But, that's not usually the standard required. The story makes Comey look even more incompetent.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1404 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:38 PM »

Why do you guys continue to let ChairmanSanchez troll you? Just put him on ignore.

Do you have to many people on your ignore list?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1405 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

Looking more and more like it was politically-motivated.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1406 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:46 PM »

Why won't it? That seems odd.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1407 on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »

So looks like Huma lied under oath about handing over all relevant laptops.  Not good!
Source?

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1408 on: October 30, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »

So what is it.  Comey acted too fast and before he know what was going on, or he was too slow and should have revealed it sooner.  You guys are making my head spin!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1409 on: October 30, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »

Two possibilities how Huma's emails got saved on the laptop she shared with Weiner.

She used software to access her state department related email and it downaded emails to the shared laptop as a backup and she didnt know.

Weiner was eavesdropping and saved her emails either to blackmail politically/financially/etc or just to look into her private affairs.

This is all about Huma and Weiner, and it's being linked to Hillary to damage her, even though she had no direct involvement. It's ridiculous.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1410 on: October 30, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »

So what is it.  Comey acted too fast and before he know what was going on, or he was too slow and should have revealed it sooner.  You guys are making my head spin!

It looks like he deliberately held back releasing information to influence the election(which he wasn't even required to release). If Comey released this 5 weeks ago, none of us would be complaining.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #1411 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »

I've had this problem for the last few weeks. I have only been able add people directly via my ignore list when editing my profile. It's really annoying.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1412 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:59 PM »

It looks like he deliberately held back releasing information to influence the election(which he wasn't even required to release). If Comey released this 5 weeks ago, none of us would be complaining.

"By early October, it was clear to investigators that the emails may relate to the Clinton email server investigation, law enforcement officials said."

Yeah, if this came out in early October Democrats would have been totally cool with it!  Give me a break folks.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1413 on: October 30, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »

Don't be obtuse. It's straight forward. Comney should have sought and gained a warrant, as well as had solid evidence before informing Congress. He didn't follow internal procedures, he didn't observe warnings from within the FBI as well as the DOJ.

This isn't that complicated. He failed to follow procedure, he failed to ensure due diligence was undertaken before doing something that was guaranteed to be made public.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1414 on: October 30, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »

"By early October, it was clear to investigators that the emails may relate to the Clinton email server investigation, law enforcement officials said."

Yeah, if this came out in early October Democrats would have been totally cool with it!  Give me a break folks.

Yes. Dems would have moaned and groaned about it, but new email revelations in early October wouldn't have made much of an impact. 11 days before the election however...
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1415 on: October 30, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »

Haha, actually, Oakvale made a great summary on AAD of the posting process of Sanchez.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1416 on: October 30, 2016, 05:40:48 PM »

Don't be obtuse. It's straight forward. Comney should have sought and gained a warrant, as well as had solid evidence before informing Congress. He didn't follow internal procedures, he didn't observe warnings from within the FBI as well as the DOJ.

This isn't that complicated. He failed to follow procedure, he failed to ensure due diligence was undertaken before doing something that was guaranteed to be made public.
The American people don't have a right to know if a candidate is being scrutinized by the FBI? You wouldn't want to know if the FBI seized a bunch of laptops from Trump Tower for some reason? I have yet to see an answer other than "muh election compromised." If Clinton has nothing to hide, then she should be able to make a genuine pitch to the American people to trust her. She can't do that, however, because she doesn't have a record mutual trust to stand on.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1417 on: October 30, 2016, 05:40:58 PM »

I don't understand the contradictory language. You can't be "clear" about something if you aren't certain is relevant, which is what "may" means.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1418 on: October 30, 2016, 05:41:54 PM »

Wait what? There's "explosive evidence" of ties between Trump's advisors and the Russian government?

I wonder why Comey hasn't publicized that at all.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1419 on: October 30, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

I don't know when the right time to do this was, Comey may have been wrong.  The fact is though, if it came out after the election that the FBI had evidence to reopen the case and waited until after the election to do so, it would have raised hell unlike anything up to this point.  
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1420 on: October 30, 2016, 05:42:35 PM »

The American people don't have a right to know if a candidate is being scrutinized by the FBI? You wouldn't want to know if the FBI seized a bunch of laptops from Trump Tower for some reason? I have yet to see an answer other than "muh election compromised." If Clinton has nothing to hide, then she should be able to make a genuine pitch to the American people to trust her. She can't do that, however, because she doesn't have a record mutual trust to stand on.
Justice Department policy indicates that investigations should not be discussed around the election, and they aren't discussing their investigation into Trump's links to foreign espionage with Congressional leaders.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1421 on: October 30, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »

So what is it.  Comey acted too fast and before he know what was going on, or he was too slow and should have revealed it sooner.  You guys are making my head spin!

WaPo's sources say Comey didn't know

The FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server knew early this month that messages recovered in a separate probe might be germane to their case, but they waited weeks before briefing the FBI director, according to people familiar with the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-agents-knew-of-clinton-related-emails-weeks-before-director-was-briefed/2016/10/30/657ed266-9eb1-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1422 on: October 30, 2016, 05:43:22 PM »

Haha, actually, Oakvale made a great summary on AAD of the posting process of Sanchez.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I wouldn't be wiping sweat from my brow if I didn't have so much panic to sustain me all afternoon. It is amazing how much fun one can have with a fun while simultaneously enjoying an impromptu jam session supplied by my best friend and his musician roommates Tongue.

Pretty good day, all in all. Even got to be the subject of Oakvale's wit which is a blessing and a curse at the same time.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1423 on: October 30, 2016, 05:44:28 PM »

Comey didn't know 5 weeks ago.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1424 on: October 30, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »

So what is it.  Comey acted too fast and before he know what was going on, or he was too slow and should have revealed it sooner.  You guys are making my head spin!

WaPo's sources say Comey didn't know

The FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server knew early this month that messages recovered in a separate probe might be germane to their case, but they waited weeks before briefing the FBI director, according to people familiar with the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-agents-knew-of-clinton-related-emails-weeks-before-director-was-briefed/2016/10/30/657ed266-9eb1-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html

Sounds like they didn't trust him with this "information". Hence his botched and panic-ridden reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies