95% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:23:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  95% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 95%  (Read 13157 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: July 28, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

I only believe it’s “racist”  if you want to call it that, due to the Blacks that turn out just to vote for Barack because he’s Black. I think it’s fair to say that most of the Africian American community would vote Democratic no matter who they put up.

That said, it frustrates me too, and not just in the race. In an ideal world, we’d see people vote based on their individual research into the candidates. But I think there’s  a large portion of the Africian American community that honestly thinks Obama will be good for their interests. Pride is there, sure, but I think many Blacks think Obama would crack down on police brutality, end the drug war, basically enact policies that favor the Black community, just because he looks like them. This seems a bit naïve to me, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Ion a side note, I do believe the Black devotion to the Democratic party benefit’s the Democrats more then it does the Blacks. African Americans need to start utilizing the intense power they can wield. Instead of voting straight Democrat, look into the other parties, start voting Green on a local level, start making the Democrats have to actually compete for your votes. But that’s just my view, I’m White so their’s a good chance I don’t have  a clue what I’m talking about.

I agree with this for the msot part. African Americans were turned away by the republicans and helped a bit by Democrats, would you vote for a party that was trying to deny you your civil rights?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies