The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:37:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194189 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: March 01, 2008, 11:26:15 PM »

I'm sorry that I have to do this but it must be done. Jas' news organization lacks journalistic integrity and he knows exactly what I am talking about. I ask that Jas explain his mistake with the people. I'm really embarrassed that he would pull such a stunt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »

Editorial: "Our new day has come"
The address set about dampening expectations for the Phil administration, declaring that, "It's hard to live up to expectations"

I was speaking about the past administration and all administrations. Nice spin.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »

I applaud this paper for its fair coverage of events.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »

I applaud this paper for its fair coverage of events.

I am absolutely willing to correct any inaccuracies in any of my reports.

I am also willing to entertain suggestions from the readership on any matters under editorial control.

If you feel a particular piece is unfair or inaccurate please do feel free to offer your own analysis, critique or response for editorial consideration. I would be very interested to any such complaint you may have.

Oh, no, no, no. Keep doing what you're doing. I really do believe this is a fine example of unbiased, not at all bitter journalism. Keep up the good work!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »

LOL at bringing up the Hughento incident!

Of course qualifications are important but where did I ever say it's the only important factor?

Oh, and then there's the completely misleading comment about how I don't want the Senate to take into consideration "the situation with Lewis"...whatever that means.

Keep up the excellent work!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »

It is unknown if the President still believes that public officials should not be serving in office if they “can’t keep their nasty feelings private”.
No it isnt. Its quite known. If he still believed it, he would resign today.

Hugh and I had a very nasty feud awhile back. That's not the case anymore. It doesn't even remotely compare to the situation today. Nice try, though!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

It is unknown if the President still believes that public officials should not be serving in office if they “can’t keep their nasty feelings private”.
No it isnt. Its quite known. If he still believed it, he would resign today.

Hugh and I had a very nasty feud awhile back. That's not the case anymore. It doesn't even remotely compare to the situation today. Nice try, though!
You still talk that way now, so dont even play that game. Nice try, though!

Still talk...how?

Oh, you mean giving people an attitude after they throw a fit? Oh, sure. I've done nothing divisive here. I made my nominations and did so in a respectful manner, even praising Lewis' work. I'm content with how I behaved. Others wanted to battle.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »

No, we dared to stand up to almighty president and you wanted nothing to do with it. You areinfamous for your hot temper, and it shows itself in this again.

Again, you tried to force your personal preference on me and I'm not budging. I don't understand what you're "standing up" for. Fighting against a qualified nominee? What a bunch of freedom fighters!

You probably just wanted to annoy me so you can be the child that you are and say, "Haha! Look! You have a temper!" Typical.

The hughento nomination is relevant and newsworthy because of your apparant changed beliefs regarding:
i) what should be considered in confirmation hearings; and,
ii) nastiness by public officials

Correct and that was concerning the nominee at the time, not someone I wanted to be nominated. Thanks.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Uh, right. Do the job and question, criticize, etc. the nominee before the Senate. Not asking for a rubberstamp.

Qualifications and conduct in Atlasia, not who ought to have been nominated.

If they have a personal vendetta against someone, they shouldn't be promoted to higher office. Now I know you want to say I have some "nasty" attitude directed towards people here but here's the difference: I didn't insist on taking this route. Again, I made my decision and stated it respectfully so I really don't need to hear from a bunch of bitter people about how I'm the one with a temper.

I think the real problem here is that Jas and SoS are extremely bitter people. They want to point to my alleged temper problems but the issue at hand is that these two can't get over a decision I made that they personally hate. I also think Jas can't get over his electoral defeat in the previous election. Remember, one of my two opponents (or possibly both) wanted me shut out of the debate before the election because I was a "non factor." Remember that? Ever since that defeat, Jas has obsessed over filling his paper with stories (which might - just might - be a little one sided) concerning my administration. Such a pity he can't move on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »

This is exactly what fantasyland was like back in the Good Old Days. A campaign promise fulfilled days after taking office!

Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »

You probably just wanted to annoy me so you can be the child that you are and say, "Haha! Look! You have a temper!" Typical.

No, here you are, in your defense of yourself, doing the crime. Painting your dissenters as nothing more than constant and infamous whining 'children'. I dont see how anyone even takes you seriously with all the hypocrisy in your words, sir.

How else am I supposed to characterize your silly behavior? You want to bait me and when I defend myself, you get to point to an "infamous temper?" Laughable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »

No, here you are, in your defense of yourself, doing the crime. Painting your dissenters as nothing more than constant and infamous whining 'children'. I dont see how anyone even takes you seriously with all the hypocrisy in your words, sir.

How else am I supposed to characterize your silly behavior? You want to bait me and when I defend myself, you get to point to an "infamous temper?" Laughable.
No, I have expressed a dissenting opinion, along with many other very respected Atlasians. This isnt silly behaviour, this is a serious discussion Atlasia is having, whether youre angry we're having it or not. Sorry, Phil, say what you want about me, you won't bludgeon me into silence. Ive got nothing to lose.

And, continuing my roll as "Broken Record in Chief," I'll say again that I don't have a problem with the disagreement with my decision. I have a problem with the unnecessary anger with my decision and my desire to stand by my extremely qualified nominee over someone who expects a life appointment.

Qualifications and conduct in Atlasia, not who ought to have been nominated.

Emphasis added.

Hughento and I had our problems here, too. I suggest laying off the arrogance when you don't fully understand the situation.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »

No, I have expressed a dissenting opinion, along with many other very respected Atlasians. This isnt silly behaviour, this is a serious discussion Atlasia is having, whether youre angry we're having it or not. Sorry, Phil, say what you want about me, you won't bludgeon me into silence. Ive got nothing to lose.

And, continuing my roll as "Broken Record in Chief," I'll say again that I don't have a problem with the disagreement with my decision. I have a problem with the unnecessary anger with my decision and my desire to stand by my extremely qualified nominee over someone who expects a life appointment.
But if we disagree with it strongly, wouldnt we naturally be angry? That seems to be a logical response to a serious breach in personal beliefs. Besides, it seems the only angry person here is you.

Uh, I see no reason to get angry over this. I've tried to make this clear before - This is a game.

Anyway, the childish behavior continues. Apparently, I'm the only person who "seems" angry even though you and a few others continue to beat your chests, telling me how you won't stand down to my authoritarian behavior, won't be silenced by the tyrant, etc.

Anyway, Mr. Moderate will make a great SoFA. I'm glad I nominated him and that his entire confirmation process ran smoothly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 10:14:31 PM »

For someone who isnt angry, you sure do love to belittle your opponents and break down civil discussion through sly remarks and useless insults.

LOL

This never was civil once people were "outraged" by my decision. Please. This has been taken to a whole new low. Just end it.

I tried to derail the confirmation of my nominee? What? You didn't look for a smooth confirmation process, SoS. You looked to force me into replacing my nominee with Lewis and you failed. This was never meant to make Mr. Moderate's confirmation any better.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

How is that at all relevant, except to suggest that you believe your nominees should be treated differently to previous nominees?

No, no, maybe you misunderstood. That was my issue with the nominee. What's your issue with the nominee? Nothing. You simply want someone else.

And that's because Mr. Moderate wasn't the one being ganged up on. Lewis did act like a baby with his sense of entitlement. TCash doesn't understand that this process is about a nominee and not someone who he wants to be the nominee. Amazing how my "attacks" on these people are totally uncalled for but when they inform me of how things ought to go, it's not at all nasty or insulting.

You are a biased hack still bitter about your failure of a campaign, Jas. Nothing more. Sorry. You want to say I'm the one who started all this nastiness well that's what you get.

You people have refused to report that I made my nomination with the utmost respect for Lewis and tried to reason with people. Your organization is a joke.

Or, as I've stated time and time again, this is about giving someone else a chance; someone who is extremely qualified. Again, your bias is unbelievable.

You're accussing the moderator of lying then, correct?

You have sought out every possibly story which portrays me in a negative way. You reached all the way back to a feud with Hughento which, even he would agree, was totally different than what's going on here. You are a biased hack.

You're reporting with such an extremely slanted view and you know it. You constantly bring up (as you did just a few hours ago in your recent joke article) my personal problems with MAS from ages ago which are completely irrelevant now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »

Your problem is that this statement is actually true.
Again, see if you can find anyone else to back you up in this regard.

Roll Eyes

I think plenty of people have backed me up, saying this was my decision and the mob mentality was ridiculous.

Right back to you.

Again, I took part in a rational discussion when I respectfully made my decision and praised Lewis for his service. People like Lewis and SoS then pounced on me in a nasty manner saying that my reasoning wasn't good enough. I've cited this countless times. You choose to ignore it.

Uh, it doesn't make it newsworthy. I'd just like that to be present when you are tearing into me for being so extremely nasty. I started this all off in the kindest way possible. That's never noted in your paper.

No where is it noted that after I kindly explained my decision that Lewis wasn't satisfied and gave me a hard time. That is newsworthy but not for you. It's one sided journalism with you because you are a bitter person.

Saying that you definitley didn't say anything and "don't think" Sensei did so either means the moderator (who informed us of the attempt to shut me out) is lying. Speak for yourself, not Sensei, if you aren't 100% sure or if you don't have any reason to believe he didn't say it.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

What is there to report about in a positive fashion? I nominated three extremely qualified Cabinet officials.

Also, I never said qualifications are the only thing we ought to look at.

From months ago. Do a little research into my most recent comments, hack. Picking and choosing what I have meant is ridiculous.

What objections have there been to MAS besides my comments? The one comment from Al who basically would complain about anything I do? Haha, ok, next one please...

My press secretary has addiction problems. No further comment. Next...

If my confidence in MAS is "extremely limited," why the hell would I nominate him? Seriously. Things can't change between people? Again, this is where you ought to research our history a little further. I know you're relatively new compared to most of us so I'd love to go easy on a rookie but you've chosen to throw bombs in my direction and I'm not just going to sit back and take it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »

Look through the petition thread.

Nasty behavior of others is apparently justified and you respond with mocking me about me reporting them to moderators but when I do it, I'm clearly in the wrong. Why not just warn me if I was so nasty?

Your bias is so incredibly clear.

Nothing is ridiculous about it. I have no reason to believe that Hughento would lie about that.

Yeah. Let's try mentioning how when I was confronted about the Lewis situation, I responded respectfully to everyone instead of making Phil out to be the big, bad, nasty President!

There's nothing inaccurate. I said those things. The problem, Jas, is that you have a selective memory. You wish to report on only that which makes me look bad. You clearly don't want to post about how I have an improved relationship with my nominee. Again, the bias of the joke editor is clear.

All Al said was that MAS was unqualified or something and it was one time. Lewis was persistent.

Now you're dictating to me why I want someone? I picked MAS because he was AG before and had experience here. You can speculate all your want but again, that's your biased journalism. You have zero integrity, Jas. None. You post information which was given to you off the record in order to cause trouble. Remember that? And then tell me how you aren't slanted in your reporting.  Roll Eyes

Earlier you told me not to post anything if I didn't have evidence. Now you live up to your own demand.

You are most certainly a rookie in terms of involvement here. You played an ass kissing game long enough to work your way up and then you thought you'd be crowned as President. You failed so who should you take it out on? Hmmm...I know. The new President.

Since this situation has led me to call into question your journalistic integrity, Jas, I want you to address publicly your disregard for normal procedure. Why did you report information from someone very close to you when that individual told you it was off the record? Did you want to purposely throw a wrench into the plans of the new President, Jas? Why didn't you care that posting such information could hurt your friend, Jas?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:17:27 PM »

I have read over the responses of the highly reputable editor and decided that continuing this back and forth would be pointless. He clearly isn't on the same page as I am so I'll let that end.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »

I ask my Cabinet members to not get frustrated over this silly rag.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »

I ask my Cabinet members to not get frustrated over this silly rag.
next headline

"President calls largest active newspaper 'silly rag'"

Sounds good. I'd love to do a hilarious interview about that topic with the esteemed editor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »

Now hold on... I'm not the biggest fan of Phil politically and disapproved of his actions during the Trondheim Affair. But how is vetoing something going against a unity pledge? If he disagrees with a bill, he should veto it. It's his job. There's a significant difference between being friendly and working together with rivals in the Senate and getting on your knees any time they want something.

LOL

Carry on, my friend. Jas is simply solidifying his status as a comedy routine.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »

Now hold on... I'm not the biggest fan of Phil politically and disapproved of his actions during the Trondheim Affair. But how is vetoing something going against a unity pledge? If he disagrees with a bill, he should veto it. It's his job. There's a significant difference between being friendly and working together with rivals in the Senate and getting on your knees any time they want something.

LOL

Carry on, my friend. Jas is simply solidifying his status as a comedy routine.

Nice to know you're still keeping up to date with Atlasia's events through the paper - otherwise it would have been tough to guess whether you were involving yourself in anything at all.

As for which of us is a 'joke'...

6 weeks after election:
Total policies proposed: 0
Total bills proposed: 0
Total resolutions proposed: 0
Total Constitutional Amendments proposed: 0
Total contributions to Senate legislative debates: 0

Is this the path to "glory days" again - or will that require another term in office?

Of course, as always, you're welcome to point out any inaccuracies you may find in the paper.
Come now Jas, we all know that it doesnt take creating good ideas to be a good president, it takes destroying the good ideas of others while shouting 'glory days' at the top of your lungs.

Oh, my favorite little pal is back. How are you, my friend? Are you finished looking for sympathy for your personal problems and healthy enough to start bomb throwing again?

He can veto whatever he wants (and I expect he will).

However, the veto represents the second time in a week in which the Vice President has been either ignored or overruled by the President.

Phil presented the Phil/Ebowed ticket as a new dawn for policital unity and the setting aside of partisan politics in favour of "unity " and a return to the "glory days".

The fact that he overruled the Senate isn't pertinant, the fact that he overruled his administration colleague, again, and that this would seem to run contrary to his campaign pledge, is relevant.

So wait...because I disagreed with my Vice President, I am not for unity? My Vice President has his views and I have mine. Just because I overruled his decision doesn't mean this administration isn't unified. Why don't you ask my Vice President about how he feels instead of your usual nonsense.

The President

President Phil has made accusations that attempts were made to shut him out of the Presidential debate which you moderated. He indicated that you were the source of this idea. Can you offer a clarification as to what (if any) attempts, to which you are aware, were made to "shut [Phil] out of the debate" and who (if anyone) cited him as a "non-factor"?

hugh: All I can say is that arguments to exclude Phil were presented to me, I informed Phil of them in a confidential spirit, and he went and spilled the beans. I believed that the people of Atlasia had a right to hear his views in the debate, which is why I informed him of the attempt. I am frustrated that Phil has violated my trust, despite numerous requests for him not to do so. The term 'non-factor' was not used, if I recall correctly. I will not give any further details unless I am required to do so, as I prefer not to violate other people's trust. If I have already done so, I apologise to the individual(s) involved.

Does President Phil know who presented those arguments?

hugh: No, although he seems to be fixated on one of his opponents.

I'm not "fixated" on either, Hugh. I am more pissed off that one of three people are lying about the situation and lack the backbone to come forward about it.

As for the term "non factor," those exact words might not have been used but I was definitley referred to as simply a "spoiler."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »

For the record, Jas has no problem saying I have contributed nothing to Senate legislative debates yet refuses to acknowledge my extensive involvement in the confirmation hearings for my very active Cabinet. To suggest that I have pretty much ignored the actions of the Senate is laughable.

Also, there haven't been any policies, bills or resolutions proposed yet but that is not to say that I haven't been involved in crafting an agenda with my Cabinet and on my own. A little patience and less desire to simply attack me can go a long way.

I also want to bring to the attention of the esteemed editor the amount of times he has offered to work with me and change the tone here: 0

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »

During the campaign you presented the Phil/Ebowed ticket as one committed to uniting Atlasia, yet you clearly are at odds over a series of policies, most recently evident viz a viz foreign policy and drugs policy. On what issues of relevance is the administration "united" and in what ways are you working to unite the country?

Having major disagreements are a part of life, Jas. We are united in making this fun again and bringing people back to Atlasia. We like the disagreement. We like that excitment.

Again, those disagreements don't mean that we are in disarray or not united in our ultimate goals.

That's because Peter and MasterJedi were smashing successes much to your dismay, Jas. I was involved in Mr. Moderate's and MAS' confirmation hearings. Whether you like what I said or not is not relevant.

In the past, the President and Vice President have been notified privately when a bill requires their vote or signature. I apologize for not noticing a change in style. It won't happen again.

Maybe you can do things differently in your administration, Jas, but in the meantime, I'll announce what I have planned when I am good and ready.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

Also, Jas, you have refused to address my point about your bomb throwing and no desire to work to change the tone here. Care to address this now or do you want to continue being a cheap, childish, jealous hack?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »

Also, Jas, you have refused to address my point about your bomb throwing and no desire to work to change the tone here. Care to address this now or do you want to continue being a cheap, childish, jealous hack?

Quite simply, I am not responsible for the tone here. Give examples of this "bomb throwing".
I have not launched personal attacks on you - though you continue to make unwarranted, callous and untrue character assaults on me.

If you truly wanted a civil tone, you wouldn't act in this manner.

Also, please point to the examples of me being a "cheap, childish, jealous hack".

Wait, so we're supposed to believe you are Mr. Big Deal Newspaper Editor and then you want to tell me you aren't responsible for the tone here? Everyone is responsible as citizens. Get over yourself.

As of today, approaching the half-way point of your administration, do you believe you have been successful in "making this fun again" and bringing people back to Atlasia?

I also note you avoided my question - in what ways are you working towards your goals?

Wrong (like usual). I said I was working on proposals to bring people back. Thanks.

My goal is to bring people back and make this fun again. Nasty, vengeful people like yourself don't help.

My administration is still not allowed to co-operate with those who do nothing but try to harm us.

I didn't start the attacks here, Jas; you did from day one. You may not have personal problems with the people I nominated but you jump at the opportunity to point out "failures" of this administration.

I'm not blaming anyone. See, this is what I mean. You act like Mr. High and Mighty and twist my words to make me seem like the bad guy. I told you that was what I was used to.

Truth be told, I didn't follow every procedural move on every piece of legislation. I was unaware that the bill in question was finally voted on. Again, my apologies. You wish to harp on it because, again, you like to add fuel to a fire.

Again with the instigating. When I have everything completed, you'll get your agenda.

Is it really wise for the President to personally engage in a back and forth with the "press" (which I choke saying the Examiner is the press but no matter)?

No Press Secretary in Atlasia?

My Press Secretary is in rehab.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies