Could this be the Libertarians' moment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could this be the Libertarians' moment? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could this be the Libertarians' moment?  (Read 640 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: March 03, 2016, 03:36:40 PM »

OK, so assuming the GOP elite flameout in their attempt to either rig the nomination or form an independent bid. Could this be the moment for Gary Johnson to finally achieve. say, the mid-single-digits? I mean, he's not ideal, but certainly better than most normal third party nominees (a popular executive, from New Mexico and isn't a crook). He could actually make a dual pitch to expand his base (doctinaire libertarians will whine, but who gives a crap)

- Sanders supporters that are angry they've been denied the chance to have an anti-establishment figure in office. The Sanders coalition id ideologically heterodox and can be peeled away by a targeted campaign and emphasising to a lesser degree, err, certain aspects of the libertarian agenda.

- A Bayrou-esque appeal towards the moderate centre alarmed by TRUMPISM and wanting a fairly experienced hand.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »

I mean the problem with thirs parties is they are full of loons, but I can easily manage a somewhat credible Libertarian platform drawing from parties like the Free Democratic Party, the Lib Dems and the Icelandic Pirate Party. You would have to ouster the Ancaps, the racists, the paleos etc. though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies