Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 173498 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:30 AM »

I applied for the Republican Leadership Initiative today. Hopefully it goes well.
Best of luck!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1376 on: January 17, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »

So Friday was the first meeting of the aforementioned irrelevant government committee that I was able to join...

The other people there were more prominent than I thought they would be; the district judge was in charge of the committee and a few local police heads were in attendance as well. It was kind of awkward being the only child in a room full of people 40+ years old, but the inordinate amount of Trump support that I happened to overhear was at least partially soothing. Also present were a few local perennial candidates who I'm guessing only joined the committee to take pictures with the judge (they kept badgering him for a photo until he finally gave in).

We mostly just listened to one of the police heads talk; one of my most vivid memories is the apparently large amount of Snapchat-related violence that has made itself present in the area recently. There was also a rather significant fight between two of the members over nothing really but it was still quite interesting.

bleh
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1377 on: January 17, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »

wat
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1378 on: January 17, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »

I haven't seen Snapchat violence like this since the Duck-Face wars of '09.
Never... Again...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1379 on: January 17, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »

Yeah, apparently they're used a lot in gang-related incidents because they cannot be tracked once they get deleted (even deleted texts, etc. can be tracked using servers).
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1380 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »

We're in the middle of a few days of below-zero (fahrenheit) temperatures here.  It's not too bad.  We have to be careful, but the city functions, and going out is fine with enough clothing.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1381 on: January 17, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »

Going to see Ted Cruz tomorrow can't wait
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1382 on: January 18, 2016, 09:00:37 AM »

I just saw Franklin Graham
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1383 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »

Awesome!  He's a great man of God.  Enjoy seeing Ted Cruz as well.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1384 on: January 18, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

So the rally went amazing, I asked him a question about religious persecution in the Middle East. Then at the end I had Cruz sign a present for my history teacher which is the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952 and a NY Times Photographer saw it and snapped a few photos and the Washington Post photographer who was interviewing the guy next to us heard about my present and interviewed us all in all it was awesome. Ted for President
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1385 on: January 18, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »

So the rally went amazing, I asked him a question about religious persecution in the Middle East. Then at the end I had Cruz sign a present for my history teacher which is the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952 and a NY Times Photographer saw it and snapped a few photos and the Washington Post photographer who was interviewing the guy next to us heard about my present and interviewed us all in all it was awesome. Ted for President

wow Cheesy
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1386 on: January 18, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

Nice!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1387 on: January 18, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »

Might have made C-SPAN. If I see a Cruz rally in NH (I assume?) I'll look out for the guy asking that question.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1388 on: January 18, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »

Might have made C-SPAN. If I see a Cruz rally in NH (I assume?) I'll look out for the guy asking that question.
It may have but I am not standing up because they didn't have the mics ready. They said it would be on tv but I think it's C-Span
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1389 on: January 19, 2016, 09:02:38 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2016, 10:07:17 AM by Senator Kent »

I think Senator Richard Blumenthal is in the Seminar Room at my school library right now.

I'm in my school library.

EDIT: He just left.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: January 19, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »

I think Senator Richard Blumenthal is in the Seminar Room at my school library right now.

Disgusting.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1391 on: January 19, 2016, 10:20:33 AM »

Disgusting.
I don't agree with his policies and certainly wouldn't have voted for him, but I still think it was pretty cool. I didn't speak or even go up to him, because he was in a meeting and I had work to do.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »

I don't agree with his policies and certainly wouldn't have voted for him, but I still think it was pretty cool. I didn't speak or even go up to him, because he was in a meeting and I had work to do.
Sure, you're right, it's pretty cool Wink
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1393 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »

Disgusting.

Not jew-y enough for you, eh?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1394 on: January 19, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »

I almost fell over the railing at the top of the stairs at work this morning.  It was pretty high up, and the ground below was hard, so the fall would not have been pleasant.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1395 on: January 19, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2016, 03:45:11 PM by #TrumpTrain since 3/18/15 »

I fainted on the way to class this morning. Was out for about 10 minutes in a gas station store because I felt it coming on. Of course no one helped me, lol. Now I'm stuck in the school hospital, and they're mad at me for going to my first class, agh.

E: good evening world i went to said thank u all for being concused about me but this is between god and me
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1396 on: January 19, 2016, 12:29:08 PM »

I fainted on the way to class this morning. Was out for about 10 minutes in a gas station store because I felt it coming on. Of course no one helped me, lol. Now I'm stuck in the school hospital, and they're mad at me for going to my first class, agh.

Hope you are ok! That doesnt sound fun Sad
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1397 on: January 19, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »

Hope you are ok! That doesnt sound fun Sad
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1398 on: January 19, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »

A good friend of mine is running for office in New York and I'm going to be helping on his campaign a bit, so I'm pretty excited. The seat could determine the balance of power in the State Senate.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1399 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »

A good friend of mine is running for office in New York and I'm going to be helping on his campaign a bit, so I'm pretty excited. The seat could determine the balance of power in the State Senate.

Who is it? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies