If Pence runs, how would you rate his chances at winning the GOP nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:39:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Pence runs, how would you rate his chances at winning the GOP nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Pence runs, how would you rate his chances at winning the GOP nomination?  (Read 2483 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 17, 2014, 05:46:59 AM »

He's far right but sufficiently to dull to please the establishment so he might have a dark-horse shot.

BUT someone who dramatically underran Romney in Indiana against a some-dude isn't going to win a general election.

Pence's opponent wasn't a some dude, but yeah, he wasn't particularly strong either, and received very little help from national Dems.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »

Can someone, maybe from Indiana or who knows the state very well, explain to me why Pence won the Governor's race in 2012 by such a small margin? I've always been curious about that. Yes, Gregg was once the House Speaker, but he had been out of office for ten years, Indiana sharply turned against Obama, Pence was a strong candidate, Daniels was still extremely popular, and it's not like national Dems were really contesting the race. Any ideas as to why it was such a close race?

I'm guessing because governor's races are less partisan, it was an open seat, Mourdock dragging down Pence, and the fact that Pence is a bit of a paper tiger all have something to do with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies