GA-Sen: Gingrey in soon (NRO)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-Sen: Gingrey in soon (NRO)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-Sen: Gingrey in soon (NRO)  (Read 768 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »

So that's why he backtracked on "Akin was half-right." At least he'll be out of the House.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/343396/georgias-gingrey-run-senate-betsy-woodruff
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:12:21 PM »

Great news!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »

Ditto Kingston.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/jack-kingston-moves-toward-senate-run-89093.html
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

This should make for a fun primary map.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »

Is the Price right?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/tom-price-mulling-bid-huddles-with-national-republican-senatorial-committee-89094.html?hp=r4
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »

Does that mean that Moran prefers Price over the others? Could it lead to some kind of intervention in the primary by the NRSC?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

Does that mean that Moran prefers Price over the others? Could it lead to some kind of intervention in the primary by the NRSC?

Read the article. Moran's not intervening. They meet with all interested candidates as a courtesy. While Price is definitely my preferred candidate, I wouldn't mind if Kingston won the runoff. Local CW is that Broun's support is limited outside his district, dunno about Gingrey.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »

I think Broun could win if the Democrats, like they did with Akin's campaign, threw money into it. Who knows.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »

Aw guys, there's a reason we have the Georgia megathread- I posted there a month ago that all four were definitely in Tongue

Broun has some appeal outside of his district. Gingrey and Price already live where most of the votes are. Kingston will have the hardest time putting together a winning coalition but he's been doing some meetings in the Atlanta area; if he sweeps downstate he won't need that much from the metro to make the runoff.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

I totally read this as "Gingrich". That would have been great.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

Read the article. Moran's not intervening. They meet with all interested candidates as a courtesy. While Price is definitely my preferred candidate, I wouldn't mind if Kingston won the runoff. Local CW is that Broun's support is limited outside his district, dunno about Gingrey.

I have to be selective as to which articles I read. Politico takes about six minutes to load on my connection, Huffpo takes ten to twelve.

I would strongly expect that Moran would not be so stupid as to admit openly, this far out that he would do so. In fact, outright denial is just about the only answer he can give. Later on though, there might be situations where that changes though and I am looking for hints and subtle clues as to what those situations might be. Like would the NRSC intervene if the Democrats throw a million in favor of a weaker candidate to "level the playing field", so to speak. Of course in a four way race, that could get expensive.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »

Aw guys, there's a reason we have the Georgia megathread- I posted there a month ago that all four were definitely in Tongue

Broun has some appeal outside of his district. Gingrey and Price already live where most of the votes are. Kingston will have the hardest time putting together a winning coalition but he's been doing some meetings in the Atlanta area; if he sweeps downstate he won't need that much from the metro to make the runoff.

Kingston could really win all of east Georgia (including Savannah and Augusta), then everything south of Macon (Tifton, Valdosta and Albany most notably).  So if he can parlay that.. with just enough conservative but sane voters in moderate GOP counties like Gwinnett he should be in the good.

Price and Gingrey will be dueling for metro ATL votes, especially in the blood red counties outside the perimeter and more in the exburbs.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »

I think Broun could win if the Democrats, like they did with Akin's campaign, threw money into it. Who knows.
I'm pretty sure Murray will talk Bennet into doing it. And there's no way the NRSC could intervene without alienating grass-roots Tea Partiers and pushing them to a far-right candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies