Palestine college student protest megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:06:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Palestine college student protest megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35
Author Topic: Palestine college student protest megathread  (Read 18245 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: May 04, 2024, 04:52:24 PM »

This is Fuzzy "condemn the Grand Mufti" stuff. Most of the posters who are pro-Palestinian have condemned Hamas. We condemn Hamas. We shouldn't need to say it 500 times. After a certain point, it's a strawman if people still pretend you haven't condemned Hamas.
great you condemn Hamas, and you want to dictate how the immediate victims of the condemned Hamas react to Hamas, but where are the solutions to Hamas?  Like I've been saying for years, a third party needs to go in there and do what needs to be done, but they won't because they know they will face the exact same problems the IDF faces and they don't want to be called the things people call the IDF.
why would you dictate how the immediate victims of the IDF react to the IDF?
I don't understand the question.
Would you justify it if Gazans bombed half of Israel to the ground as retaliation for what the IDF did to them?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #726 on: May 04, 2024, 06:01:54 PM »

This is Fuzzy "condemn the Grand Mufti" stuff. Most of the posters who are pro-Palestinian have condemned Hamas. We condemn Hamas. We shouldn't need to say it 500 times. After a certain point, it's a strawman if people still pretend you haven't condemned Hamas.
great you condemn Hamas, and you want to dictate how the immediate victims of the condemned Hamas react to Hamas, but where are the solutions to Hamas?  Like I've been saying for years, a third party needs to go in there and do what needs to be done, but they won't because they know they will face the exact same problems the IDF faces and they don't want to be called the things people call the IDF.
why would you dictate how the immediate victims of the IDF react to the IDF?
I don't understand the question.
Would you justify it if Gazans bombed half of Israel to the ground as retaliation for what the IDF did to them?
they try all the time, they certainly would if the could.  I don't think they need me to justify it, but sure buddy, if it makes you feel better.

Now do you agree that a third party that doesn't involve the US and Israel, one of the hundred plus countries that regularly have things to say about the conflict, needs to step up and do actions instead of complaining from the sideline like a Karen at an under 8 soccer game?  If they are short on tactics maybe they could get some advice from the many tens of millions of regular jerks, several of which are in this thread, that 100% know what the IDF shouldn't do.  If they are short on tools, a long list posted to X seems to be a good way to advertise what they need (I'd suggest leaving HIV tests off the list).  The US and pals will no doubt provide you plenty of tools of war if anyone is serious, but everyone knows that will never happen because it's easier to critique than it is to do.

Getting rid of Hamas is hard to do from the outside, it's a process the Palestinians have to be involved in.  Israel has every right to not want to live with Hamas on their borders, even people who are pro-Palestinian for non-racist reasons agrees with that.  Everyone has known this for years, yet nobody but a few western countries have done anything to help.  Egypt certainly isn't helping, Iran is paying good money to make the situation worse due to millenia old racism.  I often hear about "don't you know everytime the IDF attacks it creates future terrorists?", do the people who parrot that never consider that every Hamas attacks makes future IDF members who feel a lot less guilty about blowing sh**t up and ten thousand more voters for Bibi?  This has no chance of ever ending if a strong third party doesn't come in and put it's boot on the neck of the mental midgets currently running the strip.  Israel gave you all decades to figure it out and it lead to Oct 7th.  Once this ends, and it will and the cycle repeats itself, and it will, it will continue to be the fault of very large group of people/counties/NGOs, that yes, includes the US and Israel, but also many many others who love to join you in pointing the finger of blame at the US and Israel and will never acknowledge their share of the blame.

and most of you have no trouble carrying their water for them, feeling superior because you are so bravely against the IDF bombing civilians,and how could anyone ever even argue with you about it, they all must be racists, it's the only thing that makes any sense.

wash rinse repeat
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #727 on: May 04, 2024, 10:30:33 PM »

Not in the way you think

Oh no. It means all the right things to all the right people, including you
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #728 on: May 04, 2024, 10:42:01 PM »

What is the context here?
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #729 on: May 04, 2024, 10:59:31 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #730 on: May 04, 2024, 11:13:32 PM »

We all remember the Civil Rights protests when anyone who was interested in hearing what the marchers had to say was met with "f--k off, thought traitor"
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #731 on: May 04, 2024, 11:18:41 PM »

We all remember the Civil Rights protests when anyone who was interested in hearing what the marchers had to say was met with "f--k off, thought traitor"

They did this exact same thing back during the fake anti-racist protests in 2015-2016. There was a clip that went viral from Missouri, I think, where some Karen was screaming for help to remove a random guy with a camera because the media is racist.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #732 on: May 04, 2024, 11:31:53 PM »

What is the context here?

The person who took the picture is hoping to create an image of a lone protestor of color being jeered by a mob of stereotypical frat boy, creating an analogy to the civil rights era. This, of course, ignores the fact that A) she represents a very different and far more morally questionable movement, and B) her hordes of compatriots, likely far outnumbering the frat boys, are conveniently out of frame.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #733 on: May 04, 2024, 11:58:30 PM »

One can contrast this with the Bryon Donalds incident.
Troughts on the incident?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #734 on: May 07, 2024, 01:08:12 AM »

Macklemore is out with a new song Hind's Hall. It is in support of the student protests for Gaza and calls Israel a genocider. The rapper who once endorsed Biden in 2020, now claims Biden has blood on his hands and will not be voting for him in November. Macklemore is the first artist in the hip hop world to even speak out about this issue. Also takes jabs at Drake.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #735 on: May 07, 2024, 01:16:51 AM »

nice attempt I guess, but I don't think that will make him cool again
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #736 on: May 07, 2024, 01:26:34 AM »

I mean he was a white pop rapper from the 2010's, he should be as relevant as Katy Perry is at this point, but he still has some appeal.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #737 on: May 07, 2024, 01:26:53 AM »

Macklemore is out with a new song Hind's Hall. It is in support of the student protests for Gaza and calls Israel a genocider. The rapper who once endorsed Biden in 2020, now claims Biden has blood on his hands and will not be voting for him in November. Macklemore is the first artist in the hip hop world to even speak out about this issue. Also takes jabs at Drake.

This was pretty cool. Not a big fan of saying he won't vote for Biden over Israel Palestine though. It's not even debatable that Trump or any Republican would be even worse than Biden on this issue.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #738 on: May 07, 2024, 01:30:28 AM »

Well, Macklemore is basically a sucker for anyone who's willing to make him feel brave and righteous.  He'll bravely refuse to vote for Joe Biden from his moral high horse, and then he'll bravely stand up to the unfathomable tyranny and horror of Donald Trump from his moral high horse.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #739 on: May 07, 2024, 08:57:24 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rutgers-agrees-to-8-demands-from-pro-gaza-protesters/ar-BB1lUlwX

Rutgers mostly gives in and even calls the conflict an ongoing genocide.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #740 on: May 07, 2024, 12:01:09 PM »

Well, Macklemore is basically a sucker for anyone who's willing to make him feel brave and righteous.  He'll bravely refuse to vote for Joe Biden from his moral high horse, and then he'll bravely stand up to the unfathomable tyranny and horror of Donald Trump from his moral high horse.

lmao he's in Seattle just like you, who the hell cares
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: May 07, 2024, 12:04:03 PM »

I mean he was a white pop rapper from the 2010's, he should be as relevant as Katy Perry is at this point, but he still has some appeal.

It is incredibly funny though how nearly every single one of these better rappers fell off due to celebrity egos imploding and associated bad behavior

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #742 on: May 07, 2024, 12:41:09 PM »

It is incredibly funny though how nearly every single one of these better rappers fell off due to celebrity egos imploding and associated bad behavior

I mean, Jay-Z is a wildly successful rap mogul married to one of the top five artists in the world, and his scandals are almost quaint compared to everyone else.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #743 on: May 07, 2024, 12:48:11 PM »

I mean, Jay-Z is a wildly successful rap mogul married to one of the top five artists in the world, and his scandals are almost quaint compared to everyone else.

You'd be surprised how much a certain type of feminist-inclined music fan (a type of which I am an example) dislikes Jay-Z. I honestly had more respect for Kendrick Lamar (minus the hotep-adjacent stuff) even before the Drake beef.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: May 07, 2024, 01:08:29 PM »

Jay-Z seems out of the game at this point and so he's not really present to have respectability challenged either way. To me his last hurrah was being celebrity royalty and hanging out with the Obamas - and also cheating on Bey which inspired her to make "Lemonade." So yeah, not much going on in the last eight years.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #745 on: May 07, 2024, 01:56:02 PM »

Jay-Z seems out of the game at this point and so he's not really present to have respectability challenged either way. To me his last hurrah was being celebrity royalty and hanging out with the Obamas - and also cheating on Bey which inspired her to make "Lemonade." So yeah, not much going on in the last eight years.

The tragically funny thing is that Beyonce herself is still processing the fact that he cheated on her and as of her most recent album seems to have decided that Her Man did nothing wrong, it was all the other bitches who were at fault for seducing him. So much for Beyonce-as-peak-feminism.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #746 on: May 07, 2024, 04:52:26 PM »

Very strong speech from Biden today on antisemitism. Thank you Mr. President!
GAinDC

« Reply #747 on: May 07, 2024, 05:12:47 PM »

Was just talking to some of my younger gen z coworkers about this.

They are white, educated, left leaning young professionals in DC. The consensus from them was that the campus protestors are in the right and are treated unfairly, America is supporting war crimes and genocide, and these college students are young and broke so all they can do to make their voice heard is to protest.

One colleague who worked for the PA Dem Party in 2020 said she is ashamed that she helped Biden get elected but she will still vote for him.

I agreed with them on some of their points but said I worry about the implications of the US abandoning Israel. I also said I wish the protestors had the same energy for the hostages.

Idk how to feel. I don't want to be on the wrong side of history, but I don't know what the right side is. I wish I could see things as clearly as they do, but I just don't.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: May 07, 2024, 05:44:09 PM »

Some protesters might be calling for the U.S. to "abandon" Israel, but honestly just telling the government to tone it down would be a big step. See Reagan getting Begin to withdraw from Lebanon, for instance.
GAinDC

« Reply #749 on: May 07, 2024, 06:07:57 PM »

Some protesters might be calling for the U.S. to "abandon" Israel, but honestly just telling the government to tone it down would be a big step. See Reagan getting Begin to withdraw from Lebanon, for instance.

But thats not what these protesters are calling for. They want full BDS
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies