7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 4619 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: October 13, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »

If there's to be an election I'll declare my intent to run for Speaker of the Council. I think I'd bring the requisite experience to the job. If there's not to be an election I'd humbly request that the current Speaker, seatown, appoint me to succeed him.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »

Incidentally,

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:19:52 PM »

Thank you, Seatown. I'm honoured to accept the appointment as Speaker.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »

I should note that if I'm re-elected next session I plan to hold an election for the Speakership since I think the appointment system isn't ideal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »

Speaker Election Act

Clause 3 is amended to read:

An election for Speaker shall happen at the beginning of each new council session, or when two council members petition for such an election.

Good thinking, I'll bring this to the floor once the confirmations are done.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 07:34:16 PM »

Note: FTR Jacob's vote on the RACO amendment was an aye. (It was highlighted green)
Note: FTR Jacob's vote on the RACO amendment was an aye. (It was highlighted green)

I must have missed that, can you point me to the legislation relating to highlighting and the implications for the vote?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »

I must have missed that, can you point me to the legislation relating to highlighting and the implications for the vote?

Isn't that literally what you guys were voting on?

That's what I thought, yes.

EDIT: I see PJ, but since the legislation which made the purpose of highlighting clear wasn't passed I'm not going to be counting it as a valid vote. Not that it affects the final result.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »

That's great but I'm not going to waste my time translating votes outside of the languages provided for by the Constitution.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »

I'll be closing the amendment vote tonight and bringing a couple of bills to the floor directly after, Flo.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »

After considerable work from me and the Governor, we're ready to introduce this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

This new Constitution represents a new era for the Pacific.

I'd like to thank Governor Tyrion for his invaluable advice and input during the drafting process. By preserving our fundamental rights, cleaning up the vagaries of language and reforming our system of Government, our region can move, at long last, past the era of the outdated and ramshackle Wolfentoad Constitution.

We're not presenting this as a finished product - I fully expect and encourage spirited debate and amendment to this text over the coming days or weeks, as Councillors question oversights or add clauses. But, however long I may remain as Speaker, I can leave office proud that I had some part to play in moving this region forward from the wreckage of the past.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

I have brought the new Constitution to the floor and now hereby resign as Speaker of the Council.

I appoint Politics Junkie as the new Speaker.

Adios, everyone - my time was brief but fun, and I hope the new Constitution will leave a lasting, positive legacy of my time here. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies