Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 72738 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »

While it hasn't come up for a vote yet and likely won't until I am a Senator, I want to make known my support for Senator Napoleon's bill to repeal the Late Term Abortion Restriction Act.

Thank you. I am still workingb ok n my child care and senior care bills if you are interested.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

While it hasn't come up for a vote yet and likely won't until I am a Senator, I want to make known my support for Senator Napoleon's bill to repeal the Late Term Abortion Restriction Act.

Thank you. I am still workingb ok n my child care and senior care bills if you are interested.

Certainly!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 09:50:13 AM by Senator TNF »

An Announcement from Senator-elect TNF

Wichita, Harmony - Folks, I just wanted to thank everyone one more time before I swear in as the regional Senator for the Midwest in less than an hour. You've all been so helpful, so kind, and great in helping me get to where I am in Atlasia today. I promise that I'll try not to let the Midwest down while I'm in the Senate. I'm a firm believer in the need for a representative for the workers, the farmers, and the average person in our Senate, and I hope to be that person along with my allies in the Labor Party and our friends in other progressive parties. I want to be your advocate. If you have any questions, if you would like to suggest legislation for me to introduce, please don't hesitate to address me here or PM me. I'd love to answer your questions and do my best to represent my constituents regardless of party affiliation.

Thank you all. Let's get to work.

TNF
Midwest Regional Senator-elect
Progressive Caucus Chairman
Vice Chairman of the Labor Party
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »

Well, as of five minutes ago, I've sworn in as a member of the Senate and introduced quite a few bills, which I'll be posting here in conjunction with posting them in the legislation introduction thread. If you have any questions or concerns, don't be afraid to ask/make them heard here!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »

Well, as of five minutes ago, I've sworn in as a member of the Senate and introduced quite a few bills, which I'll be posting here in conjunction with posting them in the legislation introduction thread. If you have any questions or concerns, don't be afraid to ask/make them heard here!

Black  Friday? What is it?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »

I wholeheartedly approve of legislation bombing. Good work, TNF.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

Obviously, I disagree with all of these pieces, but I admire the work ethic. Two I disagree with most; the Internship not Internment camps Act and the Think Twice before Sending Them Home Act will receive an argument from me in their respective threads. However, I do like the small concession you do make in the Just Cause in Firing Act.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

Thank you, Mr. President! I hope they're to your liking. Smiley

Thank you for your input, Governor. I look forward to debating them on their merits with you. Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2013, 06:48:53 AM »

Ok thank you, I didn't know what it was.
So good luck, I support most of your propositions!
Just one question, Why do you just want to block the "student loans" under 0.5%? In France, the scolarship awards are much more developed and if a student must take a loan, there isn't any interest and he has to begin to redeem this loan after 10 years.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »

I find your work impressive, and as I'm particularly interested in labor law, I'll have a few questions for you :

- pay periods : why should they not exceed two weeks ? The broad standard in Atlasia is one week isn't it ? But a number of countries use a monthly basis, with no particular harm to the workers' rights, even the contrary in some opinions.

- the total prohibition of overtime might be exaggerated. They just need to be expensive for companies, more expensive than hiring the corresponding equivalent in workforce.

- do we really not already have paid vacation leaves in Atlasia ? That seems almost extra-terrestrial to me, but maybe it's the case... Anyway, it shouldn't be possible to take all your 16 days as a year end bonus. Workers will not take their leaves because they think they need the money more than the rest and leisure, whereas it's obviously the other way around. You should only have a limited number of days that you can choose to have paid instead of taking them as leaves.
An interesting mechanism we have is the "time savings account", where you can basically deposit 5 days each year, and either take them as leaves on other years, regardless of how much you have taken that particular year, or, and that's the "savings account" part, they produce interests like money if they stay on the account for a minimum amount of time (let's say 5 years) : if you deposit one day and let it there for 5 years untouched, you'll get for instance 1.25 days after that. Periods and interest rates can be discussed of course.

Otherwise, great effort ! I'm proud that you are my party's vice-chairman !
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:33 AM »

Ok thank you, I didn't know what it was.
So good luck, I support most of your propositions!
Just one question, Why do you just want to block the "student loans" under 0.5%? In France, the scolarship awards are much more developed and if a student must take a loan, there isn't any interest and he has to begin to redeem this loan after 10 years.

I don't want to block them under 0.5%, I want to make sure they go no higher than 0.5%. Currently Atlasian law limits them to 5%, which I find far too high.

I'm unaware that Atlasia has a standard at all. This bill is mostly a reaction to the fact that IRL I know folks who go half a month without being paid, mostly because their employer likes to shirk their responsibility from providing overtime compensation. Two weeks is a reasonable pay period, though of course I wouldn't be opposed to lowering it to one.

I don't think I included a total prohibition on overtime anywhere.

Atlasia, like the real world United States, has no paid leave of any kind. I like your suggestions and I may well include them in an amendment to the bill when it comes to the floor.

Thank you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »

I think some of them could  be combined to speed things up a bit. Tongue

Though I disagree with a lot of it, it's good to see my Senator getting actively involved. Keep up the good work, TNF!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »

I think some of them could  be combined to speed things up a bit. Tongue

Though I disagree with a lot of it, it's good to see my Senator getting actively involved. Keep up the good work, TNF!

Thank you Tmth! It's funny to think that when I started this game I was one of your constituents in the Mideast and now you're one of my constituents in the Midwest.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:15 AM »

Just wanted to pop in and make it known that I will be going on a camping trip from today until Wednesday, and so I'll be taking an official leave of absence from Monday July 15 until Wednesday July 18. I apologize in advance for missing any votes and would ask that the PPT hold my legislation from the floor until I return, assuming we get to it by then, which I feel is rather unlikely, but just in case.

Thanks!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »

Lol I read this and thought "Why is Gass posting a leave of absence in TNF's thread?" Have fun!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

I had a lot of fun and am now back in Chicago! Hope my absence didn't slow up the Senate too much. I'm eager to get back to work.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »

I have just introduced a 'death with dignity' bill in the Senate. If anyone has any questions about this bill, please feel free to ask.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

LEGISLATION
    = SUPPORT
    = OPPOSE
    ? = UNDECIDED

On the Floor

Current Queue
    TNF
    Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »

Comrades,

I would like to note that I have consolidated and reintroduced two omnibus pieces of legislation, the Paid Leave Act of 2013 and the Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013. Both of these acts will go far and do much to humanize the working conditions of Atlasian labor insofar as possible. I plan on introducing more legislation in the coming days permitting the adoption of industry wide collective bargaining, including allowing for the creation of master contracts, expanding the right of unions to bargain for union hiring halls (which are allowed under the Labor Rights Act, specifically our closed shop provision), and the creation of a system of co-determination as a means of giving workers a voice in the management of their firms, and a piece of legislation officially declaring May as 'Labor History Month', designating May 1 as 'International Workers' Day' and officially designating April 28 as Workers' Memorial Day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Zanas
    Zanas46
    France

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »

I think I'm not on board with these hiring halls and closed shops. I think you shouldn't be forced to join one specific union rather than another of your choosing just to get a job.

As for master contracts, I've read the thing and I'm not sure I understood all of it, but I reckon it is very similar to French "accords collectifs" and "conventions collectives", and if so I'm in favor.
    Sopranos Republican
    Matt from VT
    YaBB God
    United States

Political Matrix
    E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »

I forgot to say, thanks for sponsoring the prison reform bill after Nix became President. Smiley
    MaxQue
    Atlas Icon
    Canada

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »

I think I'm not on board with these hiring halls and closed shops. I think you shouldn't be forced to join one specific union rather than another of your choosing just to get a job.

As for master contracts, I've read the thing and I'm not sure I understood all of it, but I reckon it is very similar to French "accords collectifs" and "conventions collectives", and if so I'm in favor.

To clarify what's he is saying, in some countries (like France, I suppose), you are free to join any union, not only the one which has the majority in your plant.
    Napoleon
    Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »

To clarify what's he is saying, in some countries (like France, I suppose), you are free to join any union, not only the one which has the majority in your plant.

IMO that's a far superior way of doing things.
    TNF
    Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2013, 09:33:32 PM »

I forgot to say, thanks for sponsoring the prison reform bill after Nix became President. Smiley

You're welcome Matt! Glad to have. Thanks for getting it off the ground. Smiley
    Zanas
    Zanas46
    France

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »

IMO that's a far superior way of doing things.
    Or even not to join any union at all, which is why France has an abysmal union membership rate among workers. But, you know, freedom and all that...
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35  
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies