Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306878 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »

The Half Plus Seven Rule Bill is indeed an infriction on the rights of consenting adults, and should be stricken from the board.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

I would like the PPT to strike this as frivolous as it is in no way within the stated powers of the Senate nor is it a serious or respectful bill for the Senate to vote and debate on.

Actually, this bill falls squarely within the powers of the Atlasian Senate.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I stand corrected, this is, oddly, constitutional since the Constitutional Convention added that portion in their to stop regions from having different marriage policies. I still stand by my statement that this bill is entirely frivolous.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »

The Half Plus Seven Rule Bill is indeed an infriction on the rights of consenting adults, and should be stricken from the board.
No, it should be voted down speedily.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »

I have to say the "Legalization of Prostitution Bill" will most likely pass now as I have changed my mind to be in favor of it.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Friendly Amendments Senate Procedural Resolution
1. Insert new clause 2 into Article 4, Section 3 of the OSPR with following text:

During this debate time the main sponsor of the legislation may motion to accept the proposed Amendment as a Friendly Amendment. The PPT shall then allow 24 hours for any other Senator to object to accepting the Amendment as a Friendly Amendment. If no other Senator objects then the Amendment shall be ajudged to have been unanimously passed by the Senate and will be automatically incorporated into the Bill. If a Senator objects to accepting the Amendment in this fashion then it shall be voted upon as specified in the rest of this Section.

2. Subsequent clauses in Section are re-numbered to retain consistency.

I suggest this already and most thought it was a bad idea

I brough this forward at the request of a constituent. Personally I find it a sound and reasonble amendment to the OSPR that would cut down on voting for minor changes within bills.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2007, 03:20:08 PM »

Friendly Amendments Senate Procedural Resolution
1. Insert new clause 2 into Article 4, Section 3 of the OSPR with following text:

During this debate time the main sponsor of the legislation may motion to accept the proposed Amendment as a Friendly Amendment. The PPT shall then allow 24 hours for any other Senator to object to accepting the Amendment as a Friendly Amendment. If no other Senator objects then the Amendment shall be ajudged to have been unanimously passed by the Senate and will be automatically incorporated into the Bill. If a Senator objects to accepting the Amendment in this fashion then it shall be voted upon as specified in the rest of this Section.

2. Subsequent clauses in Section are re-numbered to retain consistency.

I suggest this already and most thought it was a bad idea

I brough this forward at the request of a constituent. Personally I find it a sound and reasonble amendment to the OSPR that would cut down on voting for minor changes within bills.

I know, I agree I'm simply saying it was met with lukewarm response.  And I think I am going to stop introducing legislation for constituents because it hasn't gone well so far.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:14 AM »

Oh yeah, my bills are criticized but the next two bills are one that failed already and an unconstitutional one
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »

Oh yeah, my bills are criticized but the next two bills are one that failed already and an unconstitutional one

*sigh*

The Half Plus Seven Enforcement crap isn't unconstitutional... just unnecessary and retarded.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2007, 04:12:40 PM »

Not this crap again with the islands becoming states. VOTE THIS DOWN!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

Repeal of November-December Act

Section 1:
1.) The November-December Act is hereby repealed

The November-December Act was a bit of needed expediency to legally delay an election by a week that was in danger of being derailed by the lack of a districting plan.  It only applies to November 31, 2006 and the calendar will be normal for 2007 and succeeding years.   Basically it created a polite legal fiction that enable the government to continue functioning with causing a full blown constitutional crisis.  It should be kept, if no other reason than to beat the Governors about the head with the next time they fail to get a redistricting plan adopted in a timely fashion.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2007, 05:53:53 PM »

Repeal of November-December Act

Section 1:
1.) The November-December Act is hereby repealed

The November-December Act was a bit of needed expediency to legally delay an election by a week that was in danger of being derailed by the lack of a districting plan.  It only applies to November 31, 2006 and the calendar will be normal for 2007 and succeeding years.   Basically it created a polite legal fiction that enable the government to continue functioning with causing a full blown constitutional crisis.  It should be kept, if no other reason than to beat the Governors about the head with the next time they fail to get a redistricting plan adopted in a timely fashion.

My apoligizes, consider the bill withdrawn
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »

Nobody really cares what you think MAS. This is a lot more reasonable then recognizing Sealand as a country. Now that was absolute crap. Roll Eyes
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »

I'm going to introduce a few bills, feel free to comment on them senators:

DWTL,
I would recommend posting your proposed bills in your office thread and asking for feedback before introducing them.

I think the Alcohol bill is something that should be handled at the regional level.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »

I'm going to introduce a few bills, feel free to comment on them senators:

DWTL,
I would recommend posting your proposed bills in your office thread and asking for feedback before introducing them.

I think the Alcohol bill is something that should be handled at the regional level.

Good suggestion Brandon and I will do that in future.  The alcohol is an issue that should be handled at the regional level, but I feel it is also important to deal with it at the national level as well.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »

Nobody really cares what you think MAS. This is a lot more reasonable then recognizing Sealand as a country. Now that was absolute crap. Roll Eyes
Haha, LONG LIVE SEALAND! I introduced that as a joke I I never even asked it to be really it to be really considered. This crap on the other hand is getting really considered. The Northern Mariana Islands shouldnt be a state!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2007, 07:13:44 AM »

Haha, LONG LIVE SEALAND! I introduced that as a joke I I never even asked it to be really it to be really considered. This crap on the other hand is getting really considered. The Northern Mariana Islands shouldnt be a state!

You were pretty serious about it at the time so I doubt it was a joke. All the islands together should be, there's no good reason for them not to be.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2007, 07:15:29 AM »

All the islands together should be, there's no good reason for them not to be.

It's impractical from a forum affairs point of view.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2007, 07:17:51 AM »

All the islands together should be, there's no good reason for them not to be.

It's impractical from a forum affairs point of view.

Keeping track of people who are there really doesn't matter, it's not like it would be different than any other state. And as for redistricting you don't really need to have it in a map (though you could if you wanted to make it), you could just say what district the state is in and put it under the map in plain text.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: June 16, 2007, 07:27:23 AM »

I cannot wait to vote for Porce's Palestine Bill, finally someone sees things right
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

I am strongly disapprove of the Senate passing, and Afleitch approving of the Prostitution Legalization Bill.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »

I am strongly disapprove of the Senate passing, and Afleitch approving of the Prostitution Legalization Bill.

Wasn't that simply allowing the government some means of control over what was already prevalent in the black neighborhoods of DC?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

That is my opinion.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2007, 01:06:31 AM »

That is my opinion.

I just lost the little respect I had for "libertarians"
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #448 on: June 20, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »

David Yates Death Act

1. For Atlasia purposes, the former VP, David Yates, has passed away from brain cancer
Perhaps you should also establish a Ministry of Truth.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »

David Yates Death Act

1. For Atlasia purposes, the former VP, David Yates, has passed away from brain cancer
Perhaps you should also establish a Ministry of Truth.

I didn't actually introduce this yet
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies