October Presidential Elections - The road to 270 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:36:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October Presidential Elections - The road to 270 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October Presidential Elections - The road to 270  (Read 631 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: December 03, 2013, 04:43:02 AM »

This looks really cool!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2013, 05:04:56 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

If we want to shake things up, this system could be pretty interesting for our elections, actually. Mobility rules would have to change, but, at the same time, an Operation Cottonfield type of thing would just concentrate EVs somewhere else and hurt the party's chances wherever the EVs were taken from.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

I mean, it's so preliminary at the moment, but we could probably figure something out...

Cris, what exactly is your methodology here? If this was to become a voting system, I guess individual states' EVs would be assigned by preferential elections within the state, right? I'd be curious to see how this system would've applied to other past elections too.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »

It wouldn't work with the regions I don't think, mostly for the reasons you stated. It would get too locked in. State-by-state may look strange at first going by the small number of people in each state, but if the EVs reflected registration numbers, it would arguably be fair... And it may add some importance to the state a person registers in. Inner-region moves could provide interesting opportunities for strategizing. It's sort of the same as our system now but with a bit more risk. I don't think it would inherently favour one party over the other either.

To be honest, I don't even know why I'm so excited by this. It just looks really neat. My interest with Atlasia is at zero right now, so why not at least think about something different?

(If this is full of mistakes, I apologize... I'm on my phone. Tongue)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies