Biden is a good President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:30:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Biden is a good President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden is a good President  (Read 1093 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:43 AM »

Biden by far exceeded my expectations. While I liked him as VP, I was skeptical when he announced in 2019. In voted for him on ST as my other preferred candidates (Harris, Butti and Warren) were out, but remained uncertain he would be more than a transitional prez to restore the status-quo post-Trump. He definitely moved much more in the direction I wanted to see and guided us through various crisis at home and abroad with a steady hand (Covid, multiple foreign crisis etc.).

I think it's fairly safe to say that he's a better prez than Obama.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 09:01:00 AM »

I will say Biden has had the worst first term out of any president since Carter . He’s been an absolutely awful president and he’d almost certainly be headed for a major defeat if Trump didn’t completely double down on doing what he did the final 2 Months in office
Your'e just angry that you neocons didn't had a W since 2004.
Btw Romney was a bad candidate time to get over it.

If Romney won in 2012 , our country would be in far better shape today
That's your oponion.
I really fail to see any possible compelling argument against this. Romney 2012 has probably aged better than any campaign in recent memory.

While Romney is superior to >95% of current elected officials of his party, he's mainly looking good because the bar for Republicans has been lowered over and over again. I personally have nothing against Romney, but the fact he's cheered for not supporting a coup and Trump's rhetoric is quite something.

Besides from being a weak candidate in 2012, even if he was elected, he either would have presided over a status quo at best. More likely is that he would have supported the same terrible policies as the congressional GOP under McTurtleman and Ryan. The negative effects would be the same for this country, only that Romney would have behaved like a normal person as prez instead of being an insane lunatic like Trump. Also very much possible a Trumpian or populist figure emerges in the aftermath of a Romney presidency. It's in many ways the GOP establishment whose failed policies contributed to the rise of Trumpism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies