2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:01:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 92666 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

Republican National Convention, Final Day:
"All about Quayle"

First Union Center, Pennsylvania:

7:30 to 8:00:

Dennis Hastert opens final day with Dwayne Johnson, makes an appeal for people to voteSad

"The Rock did an important thing this week. He registered to vote. Voting is the patriotic duty of every American and certainly the cornerstone of our democracy. And so, if you know somebody who hasn't registered to vote and especially young people of this country, especially people who have just turned the age of eighteen, tell them to register today, just like the Rock. Thank you!"

8:00 to 9:00:

Roll Call: From Iowa to WyomingSad

Lt. Governor Joe Rogers: This is a united party!Sad

"Let's face it, we had our doubts. The idea of a united GOP in this convention seemed difficult a few months ago, but this is mission accomplished! Today you can see all kinds of Republicans: conservatives, moderates, libertarians, hawks, doves, mavericks and even liberals in union, ready to get out and fight so Dan Quayle becomes the next President of the United States of America. This is a united party, and I'm sure that tomorrow we will double our efforts for Quayle/Powell. I failed to sense such an enthusiasm at the DNC, I think they seemed a little bit tired... But after eight years of Bill Clinton, who wouldn't be?"

Former Secretary James Baker: Enough nonsense, time for a Republican President!Sad

"I'm a Texan, ladies and gentleman, a proud Texan. If there's something I hate, that is nonsense. I'm a no-nonsense guy, and I'm tired. I'm tired of hearing nonsense from the White House, nonsense from Bill Clinton, from Al Gore and Tom Daschle. We need a President who is not afraid to speak up, a President who says what he believes, that talks the talk and walks the walk without confusing the entire nation. In other words, we need a truly Republican President! And Dan Quayle is our only choice!"

9:00 to 10:00:

Lynn Morley Martin speaks about ExperienceSad

"Experience means a lot in politics, it makes a difference. You can do a lot more things if you have been there, if you have been a man with executive, legislative or economical experience. Tom Daschle has experience, but only in Congress, behind the scenes. Dan Quayle has as much legislative experience, but he also has his executive experience as Vice-President, a sucessful record in foreign policy, great results during his years in the private sector, he's been there, and he's tested. Once in a while he makes one or two mistakes, but so what? At least he never lied to the nation while under oath."

John Sununu speaks about QuayleSad

"I'm sure you all remember the late Senator Lloyd Bentsen, a beloved statesman who ran for Vice-President a few years ago. He had some pretty harsh words for Dan at the debate in 88', and twelve years after that I have a response of my own for Senator Tom Daschle, who seems to echo Bentsen when talking about our nominee. (Pause) Senator Daschle! I knew Dan Quayle! I served with Dan Quayle! He was a friend of mine! (Pause, laughter) Senator, you're no Dan Quayle and Blanche Lincoln is no Colin Powell!"

Video Tribute to Quayle, including Public Service and Family Life:Sad

10:00 to 11:00:

Governor Tom Ridge introduces the Republican NomineeSad

"My friends! I want to welcome to this state and state a man, a man who has been at the center stage of our party for the past twelve years, always fighting for the party and for our values. It hasn't been easy for him, he has faced ridicule, he has faced jokes, he has suffered at the hands of the media. But he never gave up. He kept fighting despite the odds, he served his term as Vice-President, he entered the primary knowing that the odds were against him, he fought some of our best members... And he won! He redeemed himself! He proved to this nation that any man can fight back and win, and it is out turn to celebrate him, to support him, to help him take the White House and lead this nation to a promising future. Ladies and gentlemen, Vice President Dan Quayle!"

Presidential Speech: Former Vice President Dan QuayleSad

"This is the proudest day of my life. I had my share of victories, I unseated Birch Bayh in 1980 in an upset, I faced victory with George Bush in 1988, and a few months ago I won the Iowa Caucus, proving that a man can beat the odds as long as he believes in my cause. And I believe in my cause, ladies and gentlemen, I have strong views, and I fight for them. They call me a social reactionary, and a man who thinks backwards, but that's because they don't understand my message. My message speaks of looking at our society to make a honest appraisal, to see what works and what does not, so we can change and keep. I believe we have to keep our values and our families strong, that we must conserve the environment while giving strength to the economy, that we must lower taxes for the great middle class, that we must preserve the right of a human being to live, that America must be strong, our military more efficient, our leadership moral and decisive, our policy clear for all Americans to understand. Why is it such a bad thing?

My opponent is a good man, a smart man who tries to do what he thinks is best for America. But he is confused. The Democrats speak of change, then they speak about keeping the Clinton legacy. Then they criticize him, and right away they hail him. America needs a President with a clear message and honest leadership, and they need a party willing to help him overcome the challenges. Our rivals, as sucessful as they have been to win to consecutive Presidential elections, have no such clear message. They don't know if they are liberals, progressives, conservatives... They say that our message is wrong, and they lack a message of their own. The American people know that, I toured all fifty states, and in every place I got the same answer.

I ask all American to join me in this effort to bring dignity to the White House, so we can have a better America, an America that is able to look ahead to the 21st Century and recognize that we stand at a truly important point in history. We have achieved a certain degree of leadership of the world, so every single one of our actions will affect the world in which we live for decades to come. I am ready to fight for liberty, for democracy, for values, for honesty, and for a better life for all Americans, regardless of who they are.

Will you help me?
Will you join this effort?

This is our moment, America."

Quayle and his familty celebrate, the Convention becomes a small "victory" partySad

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:18 PM »

OOC: So... Are we going to the general election now?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(August 18 - August 24) Sad

"The general election has begun! And boy, I feel good about my chances. We are still on the lead, and the swing states are all more than winnable. With the help of the Republican Party and my running mate we will deliver a triumph for America, to signal the beginning of the next century. Mark my words: We are going to bury Tom Daschle in a mountain of votes! We will go to the South, to the Midwest, the Pacific, to New England, we will fight everywhere and we will contest this nation the way it should be done! We have the enthusiasm, we have the plan, we have experience and tested leadership, Our opponents can't even decide if they like or dislike the Clinton legacy. But I'll be clear on this, we need a new fresh legacy! We to start building a new government that has the old things that work and the new things that will work, and if you read our platform you'll see that message. I'm ready to win, and you?"

August 18th:
-Arkansas:
 -Arrival in Adams Field Airport, Little Rock, welcomed by Gov. Mike Huckabee.
 -Meeting with volunteers and officers in Little Rock.
 -Rally in Little Rock, AR, with Gov. Huckabee and Sen. Tim Hutchinson.
 -Town Hall in Convay, AR. (Defense, with Hutchinson)
 -Town Hall in Rogers, AR. (Immigration, with Huckabee)
 -Town Hall in Pine Bluff, AR. (Health Care, with Lt. Gov. Winthrop Rockefeller.

"Good day, Arkansas! How are feeling today? I'd like to talk to you about Defense today, given that my opponent barely talks about it. And you see, some of you are probably thinking: What of it, Dan? The Cold War's over! Indeed, the Cold War is over, and we are the strongest nation. But we have to stand strong if we truly want to lead the free world. We have to stand strong, we have to repair our relationships with our allies and we have to acknowledge that sometimes we have to intervene in certain conflicts, as we did with George Bush in Panama or Iraq, swift operations with a concrete goal. President Clinton has either ignored the crisis or he has weakened our responses with bad leadership. Rhodesia? Genocide, and Clinton did nothing. Bosnia? Chaos. Haiti? Don't even get me started in Haiti..."

August 19th:
-Arkansas:
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Fort Smith, AR.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Fayetteville, AR.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Springdale, AR.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Jonesboro, AR.
 -Town Hall in Hot Springs, AR. (On Foreign Policy, with Hutchinson)
 -Town Hall in Bentonville, AR. (On Debt and Deficit, with Huckabee)

"I heard the President just said that Arkansas is the same as it was eight years ago... Really? Is he blind to the progress of this state? Is he ignoring the achievements of Gov. Huckabee, who has brought real Republican leadership to this state? Bill Clinton brags about being from a small state, but has he done something about Arkansas as President? For that matter, has Blanche Lincoln done anything that does not mean going against her constituents? She supports abortion, Arkansas does not. She supports gay marriage, Arkansas does not. She wants nationalized Health Care, and Arkansas... (Does not!) Exactly. How about you take a second look to Daschle/Lincoln and then you vote for a ticket that actually represents the state better?"

August 20th:
-Tennessee:
 -Campaign event in Nashville with Sen. Bill Frist, Sen. Fred Thomson and Gov. Don Sundquist.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Memphis, TN.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Knoxville, TN.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Chattanooga, TN.
 -Town Hall in Clarksville, TN. (On Social Security, with Frist)
 -Town Hall in Jackson, TN. (On Education, with Sundquist)

"To accomplish something in the White House you need leadership and experience, that is a vital combination. I have that leadership, and I proved it as Vice-President, handling the Philippines crisis, offering advice during the Gulf War, negociating with Congress and being the head of several organizations. I also have the experience and I'm tested, for I have worked in Congress, the White House and the private sector. My opponents has a few years as a Senator, and while he is very influential, he works behind the scenes. In all fairness, America does not know Tom Daschle."

August 21st:
-Missouri:
 -Rally in Kansas City, MO with Sen. John Ashcroft and Sen. Kit Bond.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in St. Louis, MO.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Springfield, MO.
 -Town Hall in Independence, MO. (On Energy, with Ashcroft)
 -Town Hall in Columbia, MO. (On Russia/Europe, with Bond)
 -Town Hall in St. Joseph, MO. (On Abortion, with Ashcroft)

"I almost feel like home here in Missouri! And let me tell you this, Missouri is voting Republican this year. I'm not taking your vote for granted, but when you compare platforms you can realize that Missouri's views are Republican, not Democrat. A Quayle/Powell ticket is a ticket with conservatism and bipartisanship, and the Daschle/Lincoln ticket is your average liberal ticket. I trust Missouri to do the right thing in November and vote for the America you want: that strong moral America that cares about families and the middle class, that has a smaller and more efficient government, the America in which your rights and your freedom are secured, like your right to own a gun or your very own right to live."

August 22nd:
-Minnesota:
 -Rally in Minneapolis, MN with Former Gov. Arne Carlson and Sen. Rod Grams.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in St. Paul, MN.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Rochester, MN.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Duluth, MN.
 -Town Hall in Bloomington, MN. (On Leadership, with Carlson)
 -Town Hall in Plymouth, MN. (On Integrity, with Grams)

"They say I can't win Minnesota! I disagree, ladies and gentlemen! Minnesota is a state tired of inefficiency, this is a state that wants things to be done, that wants officeholders to actually do their jobs. You've seen me in action, you know that I work hard and I always speak my mind. I ask you for your trust, and in exchange, I will deliver integrity, honor and efficiency to the White House. Enough of Whitewater, enough of Monica Lewinsky, enough of it! I ask you for your trust to change this things and lead America to a new era. Will you help me, Minnesota?"

August 23rd:
-Wisconsin:
 -Rally in Milwaukee, WI with Gov. Tommy Thompson and Former Sen. Bob Kasten.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Madison, WI.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Green Bay, WI.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Kenosha, WI.
 -Town Hall in Racine, WI. (On Urban Renewal, with Thompson)
 -Town Hall in Appelton, WI. (On the Budget, with Kasten)

"Things are looking good, Dan. Our polls have you up across the Midwest and the South, and it's only a matter of time before you lock those states. That, combined with Powell's popularity and how unknown Daschle is to the voters may very well secure a landslide for your, at least in electoral vote terms."

August 24th:
-Michigan:
 -Campaign event in Detroit with Gov. John Engler.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Detroit, MI with Engler.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Lansing, MI.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Flint, MI.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Grand Rapids.
 -Interviews with local press.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2014, 07:03:56 PM »

Quayle 2000:

With the general election two months away and the Conventions ready, the Quayle campaign has reportedly hosted several private meetings, most of them headed by Kyle McSlarrow, David J. Doyle and John Sununu. Insider sources say that donors and officeholders alike have been called in hopes to securing their support in financial backing and in campaign affairs, and apparently those efforts have been sucessful. Since Mr. Quayle and Mr. Powell can't be everywhere, the strategy is to use the Governors, Senators and Representatives of the GOP to campaign in all states, in hopes of firing up the base and increasing turnout to secure a popular vote victory.

Likewise, fundraising is doing great, and as a result the Quayle campaign will release a lot of TV ads for the next two months, trying to define Quayle/Powell while countering the Democratic talking points. Having secured establishment and grassroots support in the party, Quayle staffers are convinced that victory will come in November, and Mr. Quayle's website seems to believe that a well, since they have started to talk about the future of the potential Quayle administration. There has also been some talk about the Cabinet, and while we can't confirm anything, former potential VP picks are rumored to be candidates for the Cabinet, like Sen. John McCain, Gov. Frank Keating and Elizabeth Dole.

Mr. Quayle also took intense Debate training sessions with Sununu, Baker and Newt Gingrich, so many expect him to give a great performance in the debates, thus erasing his bad performance of 1988 and his average one in 1992. There's a lot of wishful thinking in the Quayle strategy, and he will definetly need good luck to win the election, but he's definetly much closer to win than back in February.

Quayle Surrogates:

Mike Huckabee:

August 18-24: Barnstorming Arkansas, reminding the state of Republican progress and going after Blanche Lincoln for being "too liberal".

John Kasich:

August 18-24: Holding Town Halls across Ohio in support of Quayle, calling for a balanced budget.

Newt Gingrich:

August 18-24: Rallies in Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee, praising Quayle for his social and economic proposals.

John Engler:

August 18-24: Rallies and Town Halls in Michigan, calling for progress with a Republican in the White House.

Judd Gregg:

August 18-24: Town Halls in New Hampshire about economic policy and national security.

John McCain:

August 18-24: Rallies in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada on immigration and campaign reform.

Tom Ridge:

August 18-24: Barnstorming Pennsylvania, talking about foreign policy and family values.

George W. Bush:

August 18-24: Rallies in Texas, Iowa and Missouri on Education.

Jeb Bush:

August 18-24: Town Halls in Florida about Health Care and Immigration.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »

Dan Quayle TV Ad: Health Care Reform:

States: Florida, Oregon and Ohio:

Voiceover: Our government keeps growing and debt is growing as well. Recent studies have proved that our current Health Care system will collapse at a given point, but the Democratic Party insists on making it larger. They have gone after Dan Quayle, saying that he wants to cut all aid, thus making live very hard on all Americans.

(Pictures of hospitals and DNC speeches on Health Care)

QuayleSadBut that's not the truth. For Medicare to survive — and more important, to succeed — it must become a common enterprise of government, health professionals, and hospitals alike. Rather than continue the practice of recurrent and unpredictable cuts in provider payments, a reformed Medicare program will allow health care providers, particularly those helping rural and underserved populations, to adapt to changing conditions in health care by providing reimbursement at levels that will permit health care providers to continue to care for these patients.

VoiceoverSadDan Quayle wants to make Health Care more efficient, and in doing so, lives won't be put at risk, they will be preserved. When the time comes, vote Dan Quayle for President.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan Quayle TV Ad: Coal and Energy Independence:

States: West Virginia:

Voiceover: The environment is very important to all Americans, and both Dan Quayle and Tom Daschle support efforts to save the American environment. The difference? Dan Quayle believes that we must be mindful of economical consequences. Tom Daschle does not.

(Pictures of West Virginia Coal Mines)

Voiceover: The economy of West Virginia depends on coal, and so do many jobs. Dan Quayle will gradually look for better ways to use different fuels, but he will make sure that no jobs are lost as a result of that. Tom Daschle? He wants to restrict and regulate coal, an action that might lead to job losses in West Virginia. The choice is clear. When the time comes, vote Dan Quayle for President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »

OOC: Bump!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »

I hope not, it's usually the players who have problems, but you and I are active most of the time, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

Bump!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »

OOC; Maybe from now on we should give Spiral X amount of days to post?

LOL, that would be very interesting...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

If Spiral doesn't update today or tomorrow, I will, so relax Smiley (expect an update for Tuesday).

Excellent! (you were a great GM in the General Election of the 2008 game)

Would it be possible for there to be outside groups going into the fall election? I know this is around the golden age of the issue ad. I could run a pro-Quayle 501(c)4.

I would certainly like to see this. MadmanMotley asked as well about the possibility of being a surrogate for the Quayle campaign, but I wanted to ask both JulioMadrid/Spiral and NewYorkExpress if they disagree with this. I think it gives the game more flavor, and the Democrats could certainly have surrogates and more ads as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »

This is contingent on the GM's acceptance of my outside group idea, dibs on Rove.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good Idea, but, John Kerry isn't the nominee...  I'm running as Tom Daschle Democratic nominee, in case you didn't notice...

Oh, I thought you two were running neck and neck in the primary Woops.

Indeed, I suggest you read the entire thread, Riley. Quayle and Daschle are a little bit different than their counterparts, and there has to be a lot of ad material on earlier comments. (I can't express how much I enjoyed making Quayle sound smart, xD)

For the record, I think Julio would make a great successor here, so I wish him all the best. Outside players being surrogates have always been okay with me.

I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone during the last few weeks, although I hope I did an okay job overall.

Same thoughts as NewYorkExpress, you were great during the primaries! But indeed, the General Election requires to be really active...

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »

Does anyone want to join the game before I start moderating?

I haven't had time today for this... Sorry, people. I promise tomorrow you'll get an update.

I hope someone else joins as well, it would be great to see Nader or a Reform candidate (Trump, Hagelin, Buchanan).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »

My schedule will come later today.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(August 25 - August 31) Sad

"Wow, have you seen the Democrats lately? They sure are obsessed with me... At this rate Tom Daschle is the only one who talks about Tom Daschle, for Sen. Kerry, Vice-President Gore, President Clinton and even Senator Lincoln are out to get me. But that's what happens when you lead for four to five points in the polls... Look, things were bad in 1992, but our recovery was beginning before Bill Clinton was President, and by the time of his inauguration George Bush had solved most of that crisis. I respect President Clinton for working with the Republican Congress, but imagine all what we could achieve with a Republican Congress and a Republican President! The Quayle administration will be about team work, as team work was what helped me win the nomination. You see people from all sides of the party, from Dick Lugar and John McCain to George W. Bush working together, and last time I checked, Tom Daschle went from being against the President to have him as his surrogate."

August 25th:
-Indiana/Illinois:
 -Campaign Event in Huntington, Indiana with Sen. Dan Coats.
 -Rally and tour of Indianapolis, IN with Sen. Dan Coats.
 -Arrival in O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, welcomed by Gov. George Ryan.
 -Meeting with volunteers and officers in Chicago, IL.
 -Rally in Chicago, IL with Gov. George Ryan.
 -Bus Tour in Aurora and Rockford, IL.

"Dan Quayle in Indiana? Why? He will probably win here! I know you're thinking that. But I couldn't resist going to Huntingdon. I love this town, plain and simple, and I have a commitment to the state of Indiana that hasn't changed, even if I live in Arizona now. I lived for a long time here, and living in a small city as a young man taught me many important things. This city taught me about work, real hard work that translates into actual success. It inspired me to work hard for me dreams to go into public office and be a public servant... Who knows? If I had been born in a big city I might be a businessman today. But here I stand, the frontrunner for the Presidency of the United States of America. It's been a long trip, Huntington, but every minute of it was worth it. Now, going into Senator Daschle... (Laughs)"

August 26th:
-Ohio:
 -Meeting with Gov. Bob Taft, review of the Ohio strategy.
 -Breakfast with volunteers in Columbus, OH.
 -Tour of Columbus, focus on speaking to middle class men and women.
 -Tour of Cleveland, focus on shop owners and workers.
 -Interviews with local press.
 -Fundraiser in Cincinnati with Bob Taft and Nancy Hollister.

"You know, I'm a little bit impressed at the ads. To go after my educational record seems a little bit desperate to me... What, do you have to be a valedictorian to be President of the United States? No, the purpose of this country is that any of us can be the President, and I don't think that implying that I'm dumb as a rock will change the fact that I have a very successful career in the public and private sector. You don't get to be a Senator, Vice-President and Chairman of Cerberus Industries by being dumb, Senator Daschle, and I don't think the American people really cares about that. They want to talk about leadership, dignity, a strong foreign policy and sound and realistic domestic policies, which my campaign is trying to offer."

August 27th:
-Ohio:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Toledo, OH with George Voinovich.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Akron, OH with Mike DeWine.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Dayton, with George Voinovich.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Canton, OH with Mike DeWine.
 -Town Hall in Parma, with George Voinovich. (Taxes)
 -Town Hall in Youngstown, OH with John Kasich. (Budget)

"The right way. That is one of my slogans for this year, and I feel it's very significant. I want to find a way in which the progress we have achieved can remain, just like Sen. Daschle, but the difference is that I'm actually willing to move forward. When President Clinton goes out to talk about his record he has this strange attitude of: isn't it enough for all of you? No, Mr. President, it's not enough! We lack confidence and prestige in the international stage, and our economic boom can be credited to the Republican Congress as much as it has to be credited to you. This prosperity won't last forever, and we have to make sure that we are doing the necessary to improve the lives of all Americans. And by the way, I have to point out that our campaign most probably has less money than Senator Daschle's one. After all, how does he pay for those amounts of internal polling? "

August 28th:
-Pennsylvania:
 -Meeting with volunteers and fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA.
 -Bus Tour of Philadelphia with Gov. Tom Ridge, PA.
  -Visit to Fairmount, Park.
  -Visit to Independence Hall.
  -Event in the One Liberty Place building.
 -Town Hall in Harrisburg, PA.
 -Town Hall in Altoona, PA.
 -Town Hall in Penn Hills, PA.

"It was here, in Independence Hall, that our founding fathers took the brave step of signing the Declaration of Independence. It wasn't easy for them, but those brave men took their stand while the British called them traitors. I feel that one of the things Americans can learn about our Founding Fathers is the need to take stands in policy. And that is the biggest advantage of my campaign, for better or worse: you know exactly where I stand. Senator Daschle is a brilliant man, yes, but you don't know his policies and the reason why he wants to be there. His latest proposals have appealed to the left, yes, but most Americans disagree with him. Pennsylvania is a state with a history of voting for both parties, being very careful of taking the right choice. And I want to appeal with that. Rick Santorum and Tom Ridge are two of our best officeholders. They have differences, but Pennsylvania understood that they where the right choices, and I think I am the right choice for Pennsylvania this year."

August 29th:
-Pennsylvania:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Scranton, PA, with Rick Santorum.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Allentown, PA with Arlen Specter.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Pittsburgh, PA, with Rick Santorum.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Erie, PA, with Rick Santorum.
 -Town Hall in Lancaster, PA with Arlen Specter.
 -Town Hall in Reading, PA, with Arlen Specter.

"This year Pennsylvania goes for the GOP! I can feel it on the air, that need for change, that need to reach new places in this new era of ours. The Republican Party has a few problems, just like the Democratic Party, but we're trying to change. We always try to come up with new ideas, with things like Newt Gingrich's Contract With America, or our very own plans for the 21st Century. If you want a new style of politics, if you want new policies, if you want to discuss the issues, we are willing to do so. I'm not saying that you can't do this in the Democratic Party, but them seem a little bit silent on that. It's mostly Clinton did this, not Daschle will do this, and that's what concerns me."

August 30th:
-Missouri:
 -Campaign event in Kansas City, MO with Sen. John Ashcroft.
 -Rally in St. Louis, MO, with Sen. John Ashcroft.
 -Rally in Springfield, MO, with Sen. John Ashcroft.
 -Town Hall in Independence, MO, with Sen. John Ashcroft.
 -Town Hall in Columbia, MO, with Sen. John Ashcroft.
 -Town Hall in St. Joseph, MO, with Sen. John Ashcroft.

"Yes, I want to restore our values! No, I don't want to see a single religion! I am a committed christian, but I believe in tolerance. That said, religion does have a very important place in America that we cannot neglect or forget, which is why I speak of values. Values are more than just a religion, values are decisive to people because they generate the drive to change things for the better. And we need more values in America, more responsibility, more generosity, more wisdom. If we can translate that into actual policy so we can improve lives, then excellent, but all this notion of me being obsessed with religion is nonsense. Perhaps Senator Lincoln would like to come here and tour the South and explain what's wrong with religion and values..."

August 31st:
-California/Arizona:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Fresno, CA with Pete Wilson.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Sacramento, CA with Pete Wilson.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in San Jose. CA with Pete Wilson.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Los Angeles, CA with Pete Wilson.
 -Fly to Arizona, Strategy Meetings in Quayle HQ in Phoenix.

"Six points down in California. Let that sink. We lost this state in 1992 by fourteen points, and in 1996 we lost it again by thirteen points. And yet, we're halfway through this time! Can you believe it? I feel that if there is a moment for the Grand Old Party to win California again, this is the year. This state has a reputation for being strong for the liberals, but I think that's not right. No, California is an idealist state, a state that follows ideas while trying to address the concerns of so many minority voters here. These voters know what's best for them, and the Democratic Party can't take their votes for granted. I don't, which is why I'm here, willing to speak to you and understand your concerns in a truly direct way."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »

I'll update this today or tomorrow morning. Just give me some time to have state projections matching national polls (that's why I use Excel). Both campaigns are doing a great job, thank you!

But isn't anyone interesting in running as a 3rd party candidate? This late in the game and with both major party candidates campaigning so hard it'd be almost impossible for him to get to double digits, but he could play as a spoiler. IRL, in 2000 Ralph Nader cost Gore the election Tongue.

And what about debates? When do you want them to take place and who wants to be moderator? (I can do the job, but I prefer to have some other moderating and deciding who won the debate, because I'm not always impartial. I thought Obama had won the 1st debate against Romney)

It would be interesting to see a third party candidate, but given that NewYorkExpress and I are quite active, the game is still very engaging, even with two candidates. You're doing a great job as well!

Debates? I guess the OTL dates are mostly fine with me (October 3, 11 and 7, with the VP in October 5), although a September early debate would be interesting. How about Tmthforu or Superique as moderators?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »

I'm slightly tempted to jump back in this as a third-party candidate, actually. Any suggestions as to who?

Well, I think Trump, Hagelin and David Boren could make interesting candidates (as opposed to Buchanan in OTL). Boren could draw support from both parties, Trump can self-fund his campaign and Hagelin has... interesting beliefs?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »

Schedule coming later tonight!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(September 1st-September 7th) Sad

"Some people might point out that we lost the poll that asks who is more likeable. But I want to point out that we are trying to choose the next President of the United States, and this is not a popularity contest. Voters should choose the man who can lead. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm tested and you know where I stand. I don't deny that Senator Daschle has legislative talents, but remember that it was a Republican contest that helped Bill Clinton achieve things. The loyalty that President Clinton shows to Senator Daschle is touching, really, and surprising considering the man spent most of his primary race trying to be the Anti-Clinton. And now his solutions to this nation's woes are proposing bike lanes and trying to reduce West Virginia's coal mines. I'm sorry Senator, but don't you think that there are more important things?"

September 1st:
-Florida:
 -Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL with Connie Mack III.
 -Town Hall in Orlando, FL with Connie Mack III.
 -Rally in Miami, FL.
 -Rally in Jacksonville, FL with Bob Martinez.
 -Rally in Tampa, FL.
 -Meeting with representatives of Cuban Exiles in Miami, FL.

"You've been fighting for a long time, nobody has to tell you that. It has been a struggle of decades, of much suffering for those of you who fled Cuba. Senator Daschle may want to believe that times have changed, but I don't. What we should do is apply pressure on the Castro regime so we can finally see a free and democratic Cuba, but it looks like my opponent is willing to forget the plight of thousands of Cuban refugees who want to see their country free and stable. I want to stand with you and give you my support, as the Republican Party has always tried to do. It's not just foreign policy, my plan includes a reasonable reform of Social Security, Immigration and Education that seeks to make the life of the average American much better and much more stable. What is wrong with that?"

September 2nd:
-New Jersey:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Newark, NJ.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Jersey City, NJ.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Paterson, NJ.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Elizabeth, NJ.
 -Town Hall in Edison, NJ with Christine Todd Whitman.
 -Town Hall in Toms River, NJ with Christine Todd Whitman.

"Yes, I admit it, the grades ad does bother me to a certain degree. Senator Daschle, I admit it: I wasn't the brightest student in school, and I never got the highest grades. But I worked hard and I managed to overcome life's challenges, and here I stand. All people make mistakes, polls show 74% of Americans faced the prospect of getting an F. It's not the end of the world, and one of the wonderful things about our nation is that everybody has a chance to rise and be President. Perhaps some of you don't believe me, but it's true. General Powell faced a similar situation (although much more complicated) and yet he showed the world what he's capable of. That is one of the main reasons I chose him, for the Quayle/Powell team is a team of fighters that will never stop. But sure, go ahead, question my intelligence, bring back potatoe if you want. I want people to understand that this ticket will deliver good and efficient leadership, and that we will be able to deliver what Bill Clinton couldn't."

September 3rd:
-West Virginia:
 -Rally in Charleston, WV.
 -Town Hall in Morgantown, WV with Gov. Cecil Underwood.
 -Rally in Parkersburg, WV.
 -Town Hall in Fairmont, WV with Gov. Cecil Underwood.
 -Rally in Huntington, WV.
 -Town Hall in Beckley, WV with Gov. Cecil Underwood.
 -Meeting with miners in some of the state's coal mines.

"West Virginia is the perfect state for the Quayle Campaign, or at least a state that I know we can win. West Virginia is a reliably democratic state, a catholic state, a state with a strong mining tradition. If you go by the media's stereotipes, you might very well think that I'm not making sense, but I am. I want to see more values in America, I want to see a better economy in America, I want to see a more competetent and dignified government here in America. And you want the same. Are there political differences? I'm sure there are quite a few, but you know where I stand and you know my plans. Senator Daschle is going out there speaking of bike lanes as the big plan and speaking of coal regulations, all while implying that you don't understand what a War on Coal looks like. But you know very well what's best for your state, and I will never sacrifice jobs in West Virginia for the sake of pandering. I am not going to do that!"

September 4th:
-Ohio:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Kettering, OH with Gov. Bob Taft.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Elyria, OH with Gov. Bob Taft.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Springfield, OH with Gov. Bob Taft.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Hamilton with Gov. Bob Taft.
 -Town Hall in Mentor, OH with Rep. John Kasich.
 -Town Hall in Middletown, OH with Rep. John Kasich.
 -Town Hall in Lakewood, OH with Rep. John Kasich.

"I am fighting in this race for all Americans, and I'm trying to appeal not only to Republicans, but to independents, moderates and conservative Democrats to join me. I'm tired of the old rhetoric of the moderate champion fighting against the evil Republican, I think that's and old and tired political joke that leads to nowhere. I understand the concerns of the people, and I spoke about this on the primaries: you can't expect economic growth to be everything. Some of you might believe that staying on track on economic issues while shifting to the left in social issues is the right way, but I disagree. We must consolidate and we must move forward at the same time, and I want to do that by making Social Security more efficient, by achieving Campaign Reform, by giving our children a better education and making sure that families are doing good. They crucified me for Murphy Brown, but they failed to understand what I meant. Studies show that families give the sense of stability that our children need, and if I can do something to make their lives better as President, you can trust me to do that."

September 5th:
-Ohio:
 -Rally in Toledo, OH with Sen. Mike DeWine.
 -Rally in Akron, OH with Sen. Mike DeWine.
 -Rally in Dayton, OH with Sen. George Voinovich.
 -Rally in Parma, OH with Sen. George Voinovich.
 -GOTV efforts across Columbus, OH.
 -Town Hall in Lima, OH.
 -Town Hall in Dublin, OH.

"Dignity and values matter. We need a President who knows what's wrong and what's right, a President who can make that difference by being honest. And you can trust me to be honest, I won't distort my record and I won't try to distract the voters from the real issues. Oh, there he goes again against Clinton, you say. But I feel this is important. It is an important issue for a dignified White House has more credibility, it has the necessary credibility on world standing. This administration botched Rhodesia and Haiti, and we failed to be clear in regards to Bosnia and Somalia. And now you see potential instability in the Middle East, a new Russian leader, a more aggressive China. We have to act and show the world that America has that commitment to stability and democracy, and that we won't act based on convenience. It's not easy to be in our position, but it is precisely because of that that we have to make the effort to lead. And as President I will lead, and I will collaborate with international organisms and fellow Heads of State to make the post-Cold War world a safer world."

September 6th:
-Pennsylvania:
 -Town Hall in Scranton, PA with Tom Ridge.
 -Town Hall in Levittown, PA with Tom Ridge.
 -Town Hall in Harrisburg, PA with Tom Ridge.
 -Town Hall in Lancaster, PA with Tom Ridge.
 -GOTV and Voter Registration Efforts in Philadelphia, PA.

"One of the most crucial parts of Democracy is the participation of the citizens. And we as politicians have made a lot of mistakes, we have managed to turn off people who should be participating and voting to create the country they want, the country they wish for. And I apologize for contributing to that in the past, but right now I'm trying to excite people, to inspire them to vote again. What better place than Pennsylvania to do that? It's not going to be easy to win here, but it's possible, with your help. Young voters and minority voters usually vote Democrat, but I refuse to believe that they will always do so.  Our Education plan wants to ensure that we will have higher academic standards, our Social Security plan will make it more accessible and efficient and our Economic plan will try it's best to lower your taxes and ensure that families get to actually enjoy our economic growth."

September 7th:
-Pennsylvania:
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Erie, PA with Rick Santorum.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Reading, PA with Rick Santorum.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Bethlehem, PA with Rick Santorum.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Altoona, PA with Rick Santorum.
 -GOTV and Voter Registration Efforts in Allentown, PA.
 -GOTV and Voter Registration Efforts in Pittsburgh, PA.

"I saw Senator Daschle the other day, speaking about the loss of jobs in Ohio. Ohio it's not the only state, Pennsylvania has faced similar troubles lately, yet we say that out economic situation is amazing and great. Is that so? He says he can't give those jobs back, but a lot of the policies that Democrats have fought for are killing those jobs, and they are likely to kill more in the future. The bike line thing sounds interesting, I get it, but it's not a solution. Real solutions involve lowering taxes to the middle class, cutting unnecessary spending, making our government more efficient, those are real solutions to the real troubles of America. The other side may very well think that we're obstructionist, but all I'm hearing is solutions that will not even please an entire political party, much less both parties, and let's not even talk about independent Americans, who probably feel underrepresented now. We need a President who is not out of touch.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:29 PM »

Dan Quayle Ad: "Confusion"Sad

Type: TV Ad.
To be played in: Maine, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virginia and California.

We see some pictures of Tom Daschle on the campaign trail.

Narrator: "Since he entered the Presidential race, Tom Daschle has led a very interesting campaign, full of colorful statements. But he seems to be confused on how to brand himself...

Daschle: "I will be a practical Progressive, not a strident bomb-thrower."

Daschle Ad: "Tom Daschle, a blend of Conservative and Liberal, a blend of Left and Right."

Narrator: "He enjoys the support of Bill Clinton and John Kerry, strong surrogates for his cause. But...

Daschle: "I am the candidate that will best represent the Clinton era!"

Daschle: "I believe that the the Lewinsky scandal is my strongest issue because it showed that Bill Clinton had a pattern of behavior, that makes it inappropriate for one to support him."

Daschle: "Senator Kerry's right he does bring change, but is it change we need? We need a strong stable hand to guide us, and that would be me."

Daschle:: "To be honest, there really isn't much that separates Senator Kerry and I. We're both Senators, we both have considerable Seniority and we both are relatively liberal... "

Daschle Ad:: "John Kerry is soft on Iran, soft on North Korea." "John Kerry supports open borders without consequence."

Narrator: "Confusing, isn't it? On November, vote for a candidate a little bit more consistent, vote for Vice-President Quayle.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan Quayle Ad: "Experience"Sad

To be played in: Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky and Minnesota.

We see some clips of Dan Quayle as Senator and Vice-President, and in the campaign trail.

Narrator: James Danforth Quayle, better known as Dan Quayle. You know him, he was a Representative, a United States Senator, and George Bush's Vice-President. With a long political career and noted efforts in the private sector, Dan Quayle is a tested man, more than ready and capable to be President.

We see a clip of Dan Quayle speaking at a rally.

Quayle: Experience and record matter. We need a President with experience, a President who knows how to work and get things done in the White House. I have executive experience, legislative experience and a lot of work in the private sector. I may not have the highest grades, and my proposals are not as catchy as bike lanes across America, but I'm ready to sept in and tackle this nation's problems. Will you help me?

Narrator: "On November, vote for a candidate who is tested and ready, vote for Vice-President Quayle.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »

Dan Quayle says that his campaign is going all out to win, blasts the Daschle/Lincoln Team:

"Well, I think this is a very good moment for our campaign. I have been leading since February, and while it's not easy to keep that lead, we have managed to convince a majority of Americans that we are indeed the best choice to lead America into the next century. (Pause) Although I think I should credit Senators Daschle and Lincoln for their help... (Quayle and the reporters laugh) But not, I mean, can you believe the disunity that you see in the Democratic Party today? Senator Daschle says that supporting Clinton is inappropriate, then backs him, and now Senator Lincoln called the President a philandered and managed to sink her approval ratings. I'm going to the Upper South this week, ladies and gentlemen. Many voters down there feel disappointed and they want to have a second look at the candidates, and I will be happy to travel across those states and make my case for an inclusive and conservative comeback in America. I still haven't decided where to go after that, but I have already quite a few ideas.

That said, I am worried about the other ticket. I think the American people need to know how Senator Daschle truly stands on the Bill Clinton issue, and I think he has to say it out loud, because the voters are losing confidence. And not only confidence, they are questioning his judgement and his real ability to lead. They say Colin Powell is not energetic enough, but who can doubt that he would be an outstanding Vice-President or President? Senator Lincoln may very well be enthusiastic on the campaign trail, but when you see things like this... Look, one of the reasons why I'm running for President is to restore dignity and integrity to the White House, and you can't say that I have held back on my beliefs or gone back on my statements during this race. I don't like the idea of changing your beliefs, which is why my campaign drafted the Confusion ad, which I believe was quite effective. I hope Senator Daschle doesn't pull a Clinton on us!

My campaign still has to address a few situations, but I fully trust the judgement of the people of this country, and I believe that we will in November with our message and our new style of leadership for America. We are going all out from now on, and my staff is ready to unleash the full potential of the Quayle campaign across the states, using all the assets we managed to build and create during the February-August months. But the details can come later, I have an event to go now. Well, that's all I have to say, see you in the campaign trail, guys!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2014, 01:53:51 AM »

Quayle 2000: (Update)

After a great week for Vice-President Quayle, and with the Lincoln debacle getting bigger and bigger on the media, it's not surprising to see the Republican machine ready to flex muscles and movilize across the nation to beat Tom Daschle and the Democrats. Up in the polls and with the help of the entire party, Quayle is ready to fire up the base and win the battle for turnout. And, today, National Campaign Chair Kyle McSlarrow went to national TV and explained some of the motivations behind Quayle's efforts to win:

"I feel confident right now. We were seriously worried about Blanche Lincoln, given that she could seriously hurt our chances in the South. But when you see her appearing onstage with Monica Lewisnky and Paula Jones... well, like I said, we fell confident about our chances. The Republican Governors and Senators are out there on the trail, this week John McCain will be apprearing as well. You have guys like Haley Barbour and Karl Rove, who are making the extra effort to help our campaign and that have done a truly marvelous job. Some critice General Powell for a supposed lack of enthusiasm, but he is excelent on the trail, the best VP you could have. And this really makes a contrast with a Democratic Party that is divided, that jumps from supporting the President to attacking him at the next day. Vice-President Quayle has his flaws, but he has proved that he can be the President, that he is ready to be the President, and that we are all behind him to make him the next President."

That said, spokespersons David Beckwith and Craig Whitney took the time to stage a press conference in Phoenix releasing more details about the Quayle strategy and it's results. Beckwith pointed out that the number of swing states is increasing more and more, and that Quayle is making advances into New England and the Pacific Coast, something unthinkable in a month as recent as January. Whitney stressed the grassroot support, and that without the help of so many conservative activists and volunteers the campaign wouldn't be in such a good shape. Fundraising could go better, but the financial backers don't have many issues with Quayle, so they are providing the neccesary financial support. Same goes for the Governor's logistical support, which was decisive to the campaign's efforts.

The Quayle Website, updated every day to keep on with the news cycle.

In a world defined by the media, the Quayle campaign has tried to combined many savvyness with a touch of the old politics, and the combination seems very efficient, even if Tom Daschle could still deliver very strong punches to destroy Quayle's lead. The campaign has also chosen to play to the center with an issue that has not been touched so far: immigration. While Vice-President Quayle's views on immigration were not discussed back in the primary, the Vice-President insist that the Republican Party needs a reasonable approach to this issue, and the plan involves measures such as immediate legal residency, more border security, start paying back taxes, learn English, and explore a legal path to citizenship by the end of the first Quayle term.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:09 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(September 8th-September 21st - PART I) Sad

"Running for President or Vice-President is hard, you take a lot of flak and you have to take care of many details. Senator Daschle is right, I had my share of troubles as a Vice-Presidential candidates, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But there's a difference. My message was always clear as crystal, and so were my beliefs. Senator Lincoln has jumped from place to place so often that I fail to see any stands beyond the philanderer debacle. Is she seriously criticing Clinton and then appearing on-stage with Monica Lewinsky of all people to defend her record? I mean, come on! I honestly feel bad for the First Lady, who has bravely tried to tolerate such behavior. Senator Lincoln, dishonest behavior is bad, regardless of the politician. To imply that the relative success of a politician is more important than his behavior is something dangerous in politics... Bill Clinton made some good things as President but that doesn't change the fact that he lied to the American people and that the dignity of the White House was compromised."

September 8th:
-Tennessee:
 -Town Hall in Kingsport, TN with Bill Frist.
 -Town Hall in Cleveland, TN with Bill First.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Memphis, TN.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Nashville, TN.
 -Bus Tour in Knoxville, TN.
 -Bus Tour in Chattanooga, TN.

"I get you, you're probably a little bit worried about my immigration proposal. Look, I feel a reasonable approach to immigration is perfectly conservative, it does not betray our values at all, not even the most deeply held beliefs in the Conservative Party. America is a nation of immigrants, it's hard to find an American that is not a descendant of an immigrant. Those people came searching for opportunity, and this kind nation welcomed them with open arms. What would have happened if we had throwed them out? America wouldn't be the America we know and love. Even Ronald Reagan himself realized this, and he tried to find a solution. Don't be afraid of immigration, my friends. This does not mean that we are opening the borders and flooding ourselves, it means that we are being more compassive towards those who are here, those who have our very same goals of having a good life. Some say they steal jobs, but that is nonsense. If they are citizens, they can be taxed, and they can spend, thus helping our economy."

September 9th:
-Arkansas:
 -Town Hall in Fort Smith, AK with Mike Huckabee.
 -Town Hall in Fayetteville, AK with Mike Huckabee.
 -Town Hall in Springdale, AK with Mike Huckabee.
 -Town Hall in Jonesboro, AK with Mike Huckabee.
 -Campaign Event with supporters in Little Rock, AK.
 -Bus Tour in Conway, AK.
 -Bus Tour in Rogers, AK.

"Cool as cucumbers, that's what Senator Lincoln said. I'm sorry, but last time I checked Daschle lost the argument about jobs and coal in West Virginia, and his Vice-Presidential nominee is still on fire by her comments. And she has the nerve of taking about cars, a forgotten former President from a hundred years ago. Where are the issues? Where are the things that matter to Arkansas? Where are jobs, education, foreign policy? Last time I checked, Arkansas needed more than bike lanes. (Pause) Some of you distrust me for my views, and I sure know that you appreciate Bill Clinton. But this is a matter of competence now, and we can't afford a President who changes his mind at every second! Defending the Clinton legacy, calling the President unpopular, then a role model, then a philanderer. Is it too much to ask for a clear stance? I think not. Now, who wants to eat?"

September 10th:
-Missouri:
 -Rally in St. Louis, MO.
 -Rally in Independence, MO.
 -Rally in Columbia, MO.
 -Town Hall in St. Joseph with John Ashcroft.
 -Town Hall in St. Charles with John Ashcroft.
 -Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO.
 -Voter Registration Efforts in Kansas City, MO.

"Being a conservative does not mean that you're an extremist, that you think backwards. It means that you want to make the best choice, you want to keep the things that work, it means that you are capable of being positive. An America, for all the issues left to solve, is a great nation. I would not think of doing something that would harm my nation, and I sincerely believe that my policies are the best. Yes, we need more familiy values, yes, we should have a coherent foreign policy, yes, we should lead the free world, and yes, faith and dignity are important to America! They are important to you, me and the great state of Missouri."

September 11th:
-Iowa:
 -Town Hall in Clinton, IA.
 -Town Hall in Ames, IA.
 -Town Hall in Burlington, IA.
 -Rally in Davenport, IA.
 -Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Barstorming Des Moines, IA.
  -Manning the phones at local Quayle HQ.

"Yes, this is Vice-President Quayle here. Oh, you voted for me in the primary? Why, thank you, thank you very much. No, really, Iowa was the state that allowed me to stage this huge comeback, and I owe it to the voters. Can I count on your support in November? You might very well disagree, but every single vote counts in this election, and I don't like the idea of writing off people. (Pause) Thank you sir, I really appreciate it."

September 12th:
-Nevada:
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Las Vegas, NV.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Reno, NV.
 -Town Hall in Sunrise Manor, NV with Kenny Guinn.
 -Town Hall in Spring Valley, NV with Kenny Guinn.
 -Barnstorm in Henderson, NV.
 -Barnstorm in Paradise, NV.

"Nevada is a state to roll the dice, and the polls show a basic tie here. That said, I am feeling good about my chances, so I really enjoy being here for the entire day. Senator Daschle used to travel to several states per day, no idea how he managed to do that... Now, who wants to talk about immigration? I do. There are two main values behind my proposals, believe it or not: responsibilty and compassion. We must empower those new citizens to take responsibilty for coming to live here by paying taxes, by living under the same conditions that the people in this room. But it is also about compassion, for I don't think it's kind of us to use aggressive rethoric against people who want to share our prosperity. I am not a fan of the Democrats's liberal policies and approach towards this issue, which is why I'm talking about responsibility."

September 13th:
-New Mexico:
 -Town Hall in Las Cruces, NM.
 -Town Hall in Rio Rancho, NM.
 -Rally in Santa Fe, NM.
 -Rally in Roswell, NM.
 -Rally in South Valley, NM.
 -Barnstorm in Albuquerque, NM.

"New Mexico has a problem with border security, and that is a crucial part of my plan. I naturally don't want to see our borders flooded with illegal immigrants, and I call for increased border security, specially on this state. That increases security across the state not only with immigration, but it helps us deal with our war on drugs, and it helps us protect the citizens from the dreadful consequences of drug trafficking across our border. Not only responsibility for the immigrants, this is also about our government being more efficient and responsible about taking care of the people."

September 14th:
-California:
 -Rally in Los Angeles, CA.
 -Rally in San Diego, CA.
 -Rally in San Francisco, CA.
 -Town Hall in Orange County, CA with Pete Wilson.
 -Town Hall in Fresno, CA with Pete Wilson.

"They said the GOP was dead in California, but that is false! We are going to win this state in November, and prove the pundits and the media that you can never dismiss the voters of any state, you can't count on them to do the same thing always. We saw that in West Virginia, where the people realized the dangers of a Daschle administration, and they decided to change their minds, despite being a solid Democratic state. Same goes for California. They said I might be pandering to Latinos, but this is not about petty politics. I have a project for America based on my most deep beliefs, and those won't change."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(September 8th-September 21st - PART II) Sad

"You probably hear a lot that we are at the crossroads, that this or that election are the most decisive in the history of mankind. This is one of those elections! (Laughs) In all seriousness, I know many of you are satisfied with the economy, and I respect that. But we have to take steps to ensure that we can bring that prosperity to more Americans, to ensure that our economy keeps growing, to ensure that we cut the taxes for the middle class and many of those unnecessary regulations are gone. An efficient government is more likely to triumph in the 21st Century than a bloated government. The Democratic ticket proposes pushing towards issues that, I believe, are not the main problem here. We need more jobs, not bike lines, better education, not a war on coal, good international leadership, not a white flag for Fidel Castro. This is our moment, America!"

September 15th:
-Oregon:
 -Town Hall in Bend, OR.
 -Town Hall in Medford, OR.
 -Rally in Portland, OR.
 -Rally in Hillsboro, OR.
 -Bus Tour in Salem, OR.
 -Bus Tour in Eugene, OR.

"I'm not an enemy of the environment. Some want to believe that I am, though. I do care about jobs, though, and I am not willing to see people losing their jobs to install a few regulations that are more symbolic than anything. We should make efforts to lead in research, scientific research and discoveries that will help our nation remain at the top and find better ways of handling our economy in a responsible way. But I'm not really convinced that we are the only and main cause of global warming. We have faced climate change before as an species, we faced it in the Middle Ages, we faced it thousands of years ago. Should we be careful? Yes. Should we do more research? Absolutely. Should we sacrifice jobs and families? Under no circumstances. This might not be the most popular view here in Oregon, but I want to share my beliefs with you. I don't want you to vote without really knowing where Senator Daschle and I stand."

September 16th:
-Florida:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Orlando, FL with Jeb Bush.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Jacksonville, FL with Jeb Bush.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Tampa, FL with Jeb Bush.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in St. Petersburg, FL with Jeb Bush.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Tallahassee, FL with Jeb Bush.
 -Visiting Hispanic communities in Miami, FL.

"Our platform is designed to improve the lives of Americans. For far too long we have neglected groups like minorities, immigrants, and even the middle class. Conservatism is inclusive, ladies and gentlemen, we believe that everybody can rise in life, that everybody can and should take responsibility for their acts. We believe in families, and in family values. I never understood why a part of America took my comments and my beliefs as it they were extremist back in the 90's, it's just common sense to me. Improving education, helping out families, comprehensive immigration reform, a more efficient government and a stronger economy, what's wrong about that?"

September 17th:
-West Virginia/Illinois:
 -Town Hall in Huntington, WV.
 -Town Hall in Parkersburg, WV.
 -Rally in Charleston, WV.
 -Barnstorm in Aurora, IL with Jim Edgar.
 -Barnstorm in Rockford, IL with Jim Edgar.
 -Rally in Chicago, IL, with Jim Edgar.

"I told the media, it was a War on Coal and West Virginia knows it. Polls have proved me right on that issue, and I'm amazed at how receptive this state has been to my proposals and my very own beliefs. It's touching, really. Some say I should spend my time in the big states, but all states matter in a Presidential Election. I won't abandon West Virginia for having less or more electoral votes, and West Virginia will not abandon me as well, I'm sure about that. Now, shall we resume our fight for a new America?"

September 18th:
-Michigan:
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Detroit, MI.
 -Rally in Warren, MI with John Engler.
 -Rally in Flint, MI with John Engler.
 -Rally in Lansing, MI with John Engler.
 -Rally in Grand Rapids, MI with John Engler.
 -Town Hall in Ann Harbor, MI with John Engler.

"A man has to do sacrifices for America, but I'll tell you right away: I won't stop playing golf! I do pledge to play it only when it's reasonable to do so, though. Can you imagine a President playing golf in the middle of a crisis? I will not be that kind of President, I assure you. The Quayle/Powell will work for America every single day, and we shall serve our nation with dignity. I had enough of seeing a President mocked by the media, and I had enough of being mocked myself for the false incompetense the media accused me of. Shall we enter a new era together?"

September 19th:
-Ohio:
 -Bus Tour in Toledo, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Dayton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Akron, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Canton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Parma, OH.
 -Barnstorm in Columbus, OH.

"A President needs good judgement and good character. And I'm sorry to say this, but the Daschle campaign has dissapointed us with the way they handle affairs. People say to me: Vice-President Quayle, I like the Senator, but I don't trust his judgement after what happened with Lincoln. And I mean, we are talking about a candidate running in what he calls the Clinton legacy and then backstabs the President for being unpopular. Noboby has to tell you that I'm not satisfied with the way the Clinton administration has done things, athough I do concede some good things to the man. Nobody has to tell you my position, you know which one it is, you know that kind of President I plan to be."

September 20th:
-Pennsylvania:
 -Bus Tour in Pittsburgh, PA.
 -Bus Tour in Erie, PA.
 -Bus Tour in Allentown, PA.
 -Bus Tour in Reading, PA.
 -Bus Tour in Scranton, PA.
 -Barnstorm in Philadelphia, PA.

"Hello! Thank you! See you in November! I have to tell you, Pennsylvania is such a great state to campaign. I could go here every single week, but sadly, a man can't go everywhere at the same time. I do think we can still connect at a personal level, even with limited time. I lost the likeability poll, I admit it, Senator Daschle may very well be more charismatic. But what is the point of charisma when it doesn't come with determination and honesty? I speak to you directly, and I tell you about my beliefs. That probably doesn't make me the most popular guy to run for President, but it is far more important to consider how a President will behave during four or eight years instead of just looking at two months of campaign."

September 21st:
-New Jersey:
 -Rally in Paterson, NJ.
 -Rally in Elizabeth, NJ.
 -Rally in Edison, NJ.
 -Rally in Trenton, NJ.
 -Town Hall in Newark, NJ.
 -Town Hall in Jersey City, NJ.

"I don't want to sound arrogant, but I sense victory in the air. Our volunteers, friends and officeholders have done a fantastic job helping my out, and they have my full gratitute. But the voters are the ones who are answering to our message. They rise, they speak, they talk, they now what they want. More than the polls, I trust their judgement and their ability to choose the right candidate in this election. We can win, ladies and gentlemen. A year ago you would have laughed at me if I said that, and there's probably one or two who are still laughing... until November, that is."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »

Dan Quayle Ad: "Integrity in the White House"Sad

To be played in: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Florida and West Virginia.

We see some photos of Dan Quayle with his family and wife.

Narrator: Dan Quayle is not only a former Vice-President. He is a family man. Someone always loyal to his family, regardless of what happens. You can trust him to be loyal to you as well, you can trust him to bring back decency, integrity and honor into the White House.

Quayle: Dignity matters. A President who keeps his word and is honest to the American people is a President with credibility, even in the international stage. And I will not lie to you, regardless of what happens.

Narrator: "On November, vote for a candidate who can bring more values into the White House, vote for Vice-President Quayle.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2014, 03:09:40 AM »

Quaylementum, and we have six or seven weeks to go!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies