HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10809 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 12:27:36 AM »

Shadows just has a very difficult time accepting that his Lord and savior Bernie Sanders got MILLIONS of less votes than Hillary Rodham Clinton did in the primaries. Deflect, deflect, deflect, is all he can do.

Dude you get full points for idiocy & you keep making the dumbest comments here.

I have said multiple times, including in the last page that HRC won fair & square with millions of more votes than Bernie & no DNC Bias or anything else would have the reason for Bernie's loss due to huge polarization of the black vote. Just stop lying & Bull-shi*ting about the 3.5 Whatever junk number that you using.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »

In her book "What Happened," Clinton questions why other mainstream Democratic politicians haven't faced the same scrutiny over their 2003 support for the Iraq War. “Why am I seen as such a divisive figure and, say, Joe Biden and John Kerry aren’t?” she asks. “They’ve cast votes of all kinds, including some they regret, just like me? What makes me such a lightning rod for fury?" "I’m really asking. I’m at a loss,” Clinton adds.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/350207-clinton-why-dont-biden-and-kerry-get-same-flak-as-me-for-iraq
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »

What Hillary Clinton Says She Learned From Her Defeat

A cash payment to guarantee a basic income for every American. A nationwide “carbon-dividend program” to tax fossil fuels and redirect the revenue to citizens. Taxing an individual’s net worth instead of their annual income as a way to reduce income inequality. Hillary Clinton considered proposing each of these transformative ideas during her ill-fated presidential campaign last year, she writes in What Happened, the memoir she is releasing Tuesday. The former secretary of state discarded all of them, however. They were too costly, she writes. Her campaign “couldn’t make the numbers work.”

“We decided it was exciting but not realistic, and left it on the shelf. That was the responsible decision,” Clinton writes about the cash-payment proposal, which was based on Alaska’s program of distributing the state’s oil royalties in dividends to its residents. She is now having second thoughts. “I wonder now whether we should have thrown caution to the wind and embraced ‘Alaska for America’ as a long-term goal and figured out the details later.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/hillary-clinton-what-happened-donald-trump-2016/539460/

She should have run on a Carbon Tax. It was a common-sense proposal whose numbers add up. Iyt is stupid to say the numbers don't add up. You need 0 Revenue from the budget for a Carbon Tax. She was not going to get the Coal vote anyways. Atleast this would have helped her with environmentalists.

And UBI is such a radical idea. Basically the economy & unemloyment is beyond repair permanently if you have to support UBI. The economy is still redeemable. I would rather see shorter work window than UBI. She should have supported a 15$ Min Wage instead of thinking about a pie in the sky UBI idea (which O'Malley also supported).
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:33 AM »

Clinton to Sanders supporters - Turn off your radio, don't buy my book, I am not going anywhere. Sanders must prove that he was not a spoiler by helping other Democrats

"I won, really, by March and April." she continued. "But he just kept going, and he and his followers' attacks on me kept getting more and more personal, despite him asking me not to attack him personally. And, you know, I really regret that. But now he's got a chance to prove that he's something other than a spoiler. And that is to help other Democrats"

@MorningEdition
.@HillaryClinton says she is not going anywhere, and if people don't like it, "they don't have to buy my book."

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-strikes-bernie-sanders-complains-supporters-attacks-663549
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 10:29:48 AM by Shadows »

538 had a pretty good chat on it. I think this was a pretty good quote:

"A lot of the criticism of the book goes something like “Clinton is blaming everyone else for her losing” instead of taking responsibility.[...] That criticism is such a dumb argument that it’s not really worth debating it."

I agree so I won't. The Bernie Bros* were never all that bright so trying to reason with them isn't worth the time.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-hillary-clinton-right-about-why-she-lost/

*Does not refer to anyone who voted for Sanders but to we-all-know-who

Nate Silver is such a blatantly oblivious and inaccurate commentator that his arguments are not really worth debating.

The guy was always an idiot who came up with stupid predictions which failed time after time. And anyone who requires the Hillary hack Nate Silver to understand whether a person is blaming others or not has serious cognitive issues. I can understand a statistical analysis but this is basic human behaviour which a child can understand.

And Nate Silver drags his as* in here. And people wonder why Democrats keep losing elections & have so many dumb people running the party. This is some funny shi* - Nate Silver is going to explain the basic meaning of a sentence from now on.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxXyZKaRtA - HRC on the view

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.

Then they just abolish the Primary system & appoint Clinton the leader. Millions of people donated their hard money & gave time & energy & passion, sweat & tears to the campaign.

Just say you won't allow an Independent & let the guy run as independent if he wants. DNC can't have an unbiased primary system & then pick & chose losers in that contest. And these same Democrats complain about the EC being unfair when they don't give that same dignity & respect to the Dem primary voters.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/13/16296736/hillary-clinton-book-bernie-sanders

Full of accusations & continous brutal attacks on Sanders.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 01:22:12 PM »

Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.

Then they just abolish the Primary system & appoint Clinton the leader. Millions of people donated their hard money & gave time & energy & passion, sweat & tears to the campaign.

Just say you won't allow an Independent & let the guy run as independent if he wants. DNC can't have an unbiased primary system & then pick & chose losers in that contest. And these same Democrats complain about the EC being unfair when they don't give that same dignity & respect to the Dem primary voters.
I'm all for open primaries in All 50 states. I don't see you complaining about Bernie's numerous wins in the undemocratic caucus system.

The system was not biased. Millions of people voted for Bernie Sanders' opponent instead of him. Many of his supporters can't cope with this fact.

Furthermore, if lifetime members of the Democrat Party PERSONALLY wanted a Democrat to win their primary I don't see what the problem is. People now can't have a personal opinion on who they want to lead their party? Oh.

The DNC was more than welcome to Sanders. But when you are looking for slights to complain about you will assuredly find them.

Are you saying that with a straight face or is that your attempt at trolling or being comical? The DNC freaking suspended Sanders' access to his email list & the court blasted DNC for it & investigations showed everything what Sanders said was true. They put only 4 debtates pre-Iowa in obscure times which not only harmed the Independent Bernie but also lifelong Democrats like O'Malley. Clinton is not a lifelong Democrat. She was a Republican once. O'Malley was a lifelong Democrat.

A DNC member is welcome to support HRC. DNC members are welcome to vote for Clinton as Super-delegates (which is a screwed up system but is the system none-the-less). But they have no right to slander Sanders on his religion or actively work against him while also working as an impartial DNC person. They, like Tulsi Gabbard, should quit the post & campaign for Hillary if they can't act impartially. If you are responsible for running an operation, then do it fairly, or don't do it. You can want someone to win but you can't screw the process & the opponent to make her win. That is corruption.

This kind of attitude that Democrats have that got Trump to win. This whole establishment screwing the game & protecting themselves is what creates the anti-establishment mood. The system should be something which allows maximum participation, so if Caucus can be reformed or with absentee voting, that should be welcomed. I wouldn't even go & advocate Open primaries everywhere. It should be semi-open with Republicans not allowed. Or a Close primary with same day registration. Let people register as a Democrat.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:25 AM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 01:24:02 AM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html

Stop with the misleading title changes. Your not even trying anymore.

No Absolution is an even harsher term but absolution in general means forgiveness.

This is basic language. You should know this.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »

“People say not everybody who voted for Bernie ended up voting for Hillary, no kidding!" Sanders said on "Meet The Press." He added, "That's what happens in politics," specifically pointing to some samples that have showed as many as a quarter of Clinton's primary voters in 2008 ended up voting for John McCain in the general election. "That's the nature of politics," he said. "Most people, you know, are not rigidly Democrats or Republicans. They vote where they want. I worked as hard as I could to see that Hillary Clinton would be elected president." "After endorsing Hillary Clinton, I went all over this country," Sanders said Sunday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-some-supporters-not-voting-clinton-no-kidding-n802081
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies