Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:51:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech?  (Read 3871 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 21, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »

Meh.

I don't like Trump, but at his best he has fire. This was just a long ramble of BS. No real theme or coherency. It'll give the brain dead zombies of the Trump cult plenty of warmed-over meat for their self-delusion, but anyone who was undecided will find as much to dislike as to like, no matter what their personal philosophies.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:08:59 AM »

The idea that a corrupt businessperson who routinely engaged in pay to play with politicians is going to be the person to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

I know the 'conversion on the road to Damascus' but I also know of "Trust but verify."

"Trust and verify" is a Russian saying (доверяй, но проверяй),  and I remember Reagan saying it in Russian.  
As a foreigner I don't care a bean for students' debts and other   domestic problems. I'm more interested in foreign policy. Let's verify what Trump said.
He stated that when Clinton took office Lybia and Syria were stable countries while Iraq was in chaos ensued by American invasion. When she left office all three countries were in chaos, Egypt ruled Muslim Brothers, ISIS spreading its influence and seizing territories, American diplomats murdered in Beghazi.
And what is wrong here? These are obvious, undeniable facts.
To ignore them is really idiotic.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421825/donald-trump-foreign-policy-middle-east-oil
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you want to argue that Trump and Clinton are unacceptable, and support Johnson (or someone else) for President, I think you've got a strong case. (I may vote for Johnson if he has a chance in hell.) But if you want to argue that the psychotic sociopath TrumpMiller, with his gleeful plans for war crimes, quest to seize lebensraum oil, and Rodney Dangerfield foreign policy is better than Clinton, then you need to go see whether the cause of your mental illness is physical or psychological.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »

FS. Was well delivered and had a drastic effect on the undecided voters. The substance will likely be saved for the debates or lack there of in this election lol. But it was a fantastic and realistic speech of the current situation in America. Although I do admit that some of the statistics were skewed and exaggerated. However, the ultimate and intended goal was accomplished.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves there, arent we?

Nah, I think he's right. At least anecdotally. I mean, take me. I started watching RNC coverage unsure if I could stomach voting for Clinton in November. Now, I'm confident that I can happily vote for Clinton if it means denying these evil idiots the White House. (Though I would probably vote Johnson if he could win, but I doubt that will happen.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »

to 'clean up the system' is laughable and only an idiot like the idiot Trump supporters could believe it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421825/donald-trump-foreign-policy-middle-east-oil
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This isn't the first time that I am referred to some Trump's plans made out of thin air by some reporters.

And this is a perfect example of why people see Trump supporters as a cult. Candidate says things that are unappealing? No problem! Just pretend he never said them and no cognitive dissonance at all!
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »

And this is a perfect example of Clinton backers making her an idol. No matter how many crimes she has committed they continue to worship her.

Thread Title: "Opinion of Donald Trump's convention speech"
Trump supporter: "Whaaa! Whatabout Clinton?"

As I said, when Trump doesn't live up to expectations (which is most of the time), they just block it out to avoid the cognitive dissonance and realizing that their cult's object of worship is a greedy moron (and thus avoid needing to realize that they are themselves stupid and desperate suckers).

And for the record, the only thing that makes Clinton look remotely "acceptable" to me is that: 1) she's better than the brain-dead psychopathic fascist (and yes, it took an idiotic, immature con-artist to get lower than her)  and 2) the thought of how much her winning will piss off his supporters. (Still likely to vote for Johnson if it seems he has a chance.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies