Rauner's approval rating at 36% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:01:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rauner's approval rating at 36% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rauner's approval rating at 36%  (Read 3258 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: March 31, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »

No wonder why he has disappeared from the radar again. This was done repeatedly during the campaign, while he made one on one press conferences avaliable to Dupage county voters. That's why Quinn caught up. Good luck with strategy Gov, its not working.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »

Rauner really hit Pat Quinn on how poorly he has run the prisons in downstate IL, Madigan and Tom Dart are vying to run for Governor of IL in 2018, and are running criminal justice systems around Chicagoland, and to the right of Quinn on that issue.

That's why it will be a heavily contested race with Rauner.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:50:29 AM »

I honestly think his election was a fluke. Illinois will have enough sense to fire Scott Walker Rauner 3 years from now.
I wouldn't count on it.

Illinois has a long history of electing Republicans as Governors, and had a longer streak than Massachusetts from 1977-2003. In the past 50 years, the only times the Democrats have won a majority of the vote were 1972 and 2002. 2006 Blago was unpopular and already scandal-ridden, but the Democratic wave that year probably saved him. In 2010, Republicans nominated a garbage candidate when they should've won easily.

If Hillary is President, I can see him skirting by in an inverse-2010 in 2018 if it's another low turnout Republican midterm wave, and he maintains his numbers in the suburbs (though even then, I wouldn't bet on it, personally).

Illinois isn't completely gone for Republicans at the state level, despite all the hate he gets from the red avatars on this forum.

Except, 2018, is the inverse of what 2010, was in governor elections, where there are term limited govs, that are Republican, instead of Democrats.

Quinn almost won, with Paul Vallas. Clearly, Lisa Madigan will be favored if she is nominated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies