Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:18:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188762 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »

I get that you get discouraged, but think about the money you spent on the course! If I make an investment of money or time, I damn well better get a return on it or I won't be happy.

That's the problem--he never spent any money on the course.  His parents did.  So if he doesn't get a job, all he really wasted was his time, which is something he's never really cared about.  He was never that invested in CAD because he never had to put anything valuable into it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »

I get that you get discouraged, but think about the money you spent on the course! If I make an investment of money or time, I damn well better get a return on it or I won't be happy.

That's the problem--he never spent any money on the course.  His parents did.  So if he doesn't get a job, all he really wasted was his time, which is something he's never really cared about.  He was never that invested in CAD because he never had to put anything valuable into it.

I can legitimately say I paid for the school.  Ever heard of student loans?  I didn't pay anything up front, but the payments will start in September and will come out of my pocket for the next 10 years.

When YOU (and only you) have actually paid off those student loans, let me know and I'll retract my statement.  Are you paying off all of your debt now, or are your parents still paying off your card?  If it's not all you, then you're not really the one paying off the student loans, since that'll only be possible because others are paying off all your other debt.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:14 PM »

Could we have J-Mann or somebody contact Metrotech and get this straightened out?

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.

Who did Simfan call?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »

Could we have J-Mann or somebody contact Metrotech and get this straightened out?

That's unethical.  Nobody calls someone else's employer or school wanting personal information.  Sim fan did that and he was completely in the wrong.

Who did Simfan call?

It was brought to my attention that he called Metrotech posing as a CAD employer asking if I completed school.  He was given the answer in the affirmative.  Select members of the forum, earlier in this thread, rightly denounced his actions in doing so as a violation of privacy, but then wrongly promptly dismissed the findings and still kept hounding me with doubts if I completed the program.  Of course, the same members attacked, and continue to attack me, for lying about my schooling.

Well that's hypocritical and proves my point... Simfan is one really shady dude.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

Jeff, this is why you repeatedly fail at jobs (and other tasks); you ignore facts, patterns, and statistics and let your emotions govern as you tell yourself that you'll defy the odds. You have yet to defy the odds, but you think each time will be different; it's a mentality similar to those addicted to gambling. In order to be successful, you're going to have to stop telling yourself that you can do things you can't and accept your traits and flaws as they really are.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »

As things stand right now coming to the end of a Friday night, I am not only more comfortable, but continue to be very excited about getting on the phones the middle of next week.  J-Mann, I get that my personality type does not match call centers and sales jobs, but I do not believe that's a hard and fast rule.  I believe there are exceptions to every rule.  A person's frame of mind, I believe, plays a larger role than scientific results.  Anybody can do just about anything if they put their mind to it.  Bottom line, I am not going to let scientific results dictate how and where I make a living.

See, this is where we differ. I have no idea why you wish to prove us wrong over this after being let go of countless call center jobs, but maybe one day you will succeed. And I'm fairly sure J-Mann knows more about sales jobs than you do; we all know how they act during training and then how things are different when you actually are on the sales floor. You know that too. You've felt great about these call center jobs and then the first or second day on the phones, you're either let go or in trouble on the verge of being let go.

That said, I hope you keep this one until you find a CAD job, and I hope you make an honest effort to find one. It would suit you far better than sales.

I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong that I cannot work in a call center or sales, I am just trying to prove to myself that I can keep a job no matter what it is.

But that's not a rational goal to have. Some jobs are not suited for you, and you're setting an unobtainable goal if you think that you should be able to keep any job.

He attempted to sell Ameriscam here - resulting in his forced removal as as a moderator - which... um... speaks volumes as to his sales skills and general business acumen.

He resigned (after prodding from other mods), but it's not at all accurate to say he was forcefully removed. Dave never gave any indication that he would've removed Bushie without his resignation.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

Oh, and only half the class decided to show up today...

You say that as if it is some sort of justification for you missing. In 2 months (if that), it won't really matter that Billy Sue had as many call offs as you, because the end result will be that both you and Billy Sue are unemployed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »

Oh, and only half the class decided to show up today...

You say that as if it is some sort of justification for you missing. In 2 months (if that), it won't really matter that Billy Sue had as many call offs as you, because the end result will be that both you and Billy Sue are unemployed.

I'm not saying this as a matter of self-justification, or maybe I am.  Missing 3/4 of a day is certainly missing 2 days or more.   Everyone there has at least 1.5 missed days, and in some cases 2-3 full days.  Though not confirmed, I believe three ladies have quit by missing 5 days already.  I certainly don't want to miss any more, but I'm not in any danger at the present time.

You shouldn't even pay attention to your coworkers' attendance, because it's only going to cause problems for you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

I feel so much better this morning and am ready to go to work today. Whatever I had was brutal, but thankfully only lasted 24 hours. I will leave here at 7:20 this morning. I should be getting my first paycheck just before Noon and I will deposit it right after work since the bank is on my way home.
No direct deposit? Do you work in 1983?

Due to the high turnover rate, they do not offer direct deposit to peons like me.  Only the upper management get direct deposit.  Direct deposit was getting too expensive for the company.

That should be a HUGE red flag. Jeff, you need to be looking for other jobs, not just CAD jobs, because my guess is that if you don't, you'll be unemployed by Labor Day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »

Are they still paying your bills?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:14 PM »

They're paying for a lot fewer bills.  I'm picking up my rent and a couple other bills, and they're chipping in for other smaller bills, but not as much as a month ago.  I hope to make their contribution less and less until I don't need it at all anymore.

So you're paying rent and what else? Are they still paying your credit cards off?

I'd rather not say publicly.  I don't want to give Mondale any ideas.

I'm not saying to list the companies. I'm just curious if you're paying your insurance, utilities, etc. I'm also curious of whether you actually started paying your cards off yourself like you assured us you would.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »

First off, I am not going to lose this job, so I don't know why all the speculation and negative posting about that.  Did I not specifically request that all such speculation be stopped?  Why am I being ignored?

Second, I have just started the application process for the post office.  I just ordered an application packet over the phone that will arrive at my door within 10-14 calendar days.  That's the only way to apply for the post office.

Um, no... USPS has online applications for everything I found in Oklahoma, and some jobs even say that the application must be done online. Your aversion to online applications is quite odd, and counterproductive to what you need.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »

There are plenty of other jobs, the letter carrier is just the most visible position within the postal service.

Jeff, that's not a reasonable job for you. At the point you can go 14 days straight walking 2 miles, then you can think about applying. But so far, your record is like 2 days, and then something comes up. You simply couldn't handle that much walking in my opinion.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »

So basically you fell for the scam warned about here:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.regionalhelpwanted.com

You've wasted money on a test prep book for a job you'll never get.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »

Jeff, what was the name of the book you bought, and how much did you pay for it?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Dadgummet!!!!!  I did fall for it.  Aye, aye, aye....

I can't do anything about the money I spent on this one, I don't believe.

I'm going online to the postal service website as we speak.

You could call and try to cancel the order.  Although I'm guessing they'll tell you something like, "It's already shipped."  At least from everything I've found, there are no reports that the scammers steal credit card numbers, but seriously, Jeff, what were you thinking?

You've fallen for more scams than anyone I know... I'm beginning to wonder if your life story isn't just you pulling one epic troll-a-thon on the forum.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.

If they actually send the book and have proof he made the order, he may be stuck, because it could be a "legitimate" purchase, albeit a really, really stupid one. If he gets what he ordered, the company didn't break any laws from what I can tell.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:57 PM »

I'm not worried about it.  I've got a good job so I will get paychecks to replenish the money when it comes out.

But while your parents are still paying any of your bills, it's ultimately their money that you're wasting. You wasted their $58.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

It sounds like they don't want to deal with you for some reason.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

So what will you do until then? Just sit around and get paid?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

So what will you do until then? Just sit around and get paid?

Sounds terrible, right?  Cry

It sounds fishy and too good to be true.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies