Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:17:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188761 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: June 24, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »

Are there no other jobs in Oklahoma but call centers? I just don't understand why you keep going back to them and getting fired each and every time.

There are other jobs out there and I apply for them, but I haven't gotten a bite on my applications recently.

What about retail or something?  Do call centers pay that much more than department stores, for example?  I honestly have no idea.  Or is any job that would involve standing up a no go?

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.  A generic call center only pays around $9.00 an hour, and this one is no exception.  It's not glamorous pay, but the fact that it would be a paycheck will ease the burden off Mom and Dad.  It won't completely take the burden off them, but it will substantially lighten the load.  I've promised myself that the next job I get, even if it is this $9.00 call center, I am going to try to stick it out and turn it into my career.  I'm not going to fall into this "filler" job trap again that plagued me when I moved to Tulsa 2 months ago.  I think I set myself up for failure by "knowing" the call center was not going to be my career.  I'm not going to let that happen again.  I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.

Ugh, you're unbelievable.

http://m.simon.com/directory.aspx

Take a bunch of résumés with you, and a pen so you can fill out the applications they'll hand you, and a notebook to write down the web addresses for stores that only do online applications.  Don't you dare call each store from home; that impresses nobody.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »

When you read about his life, it makes plenty of sense that Our Dear Friend is a registered and voting Dem because of economic issues.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #753 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »

When you read about his life, it makes plenty of sense that Our Dear Friend is a registered and voting Dem because of economic issues.

Well, presumably you haven't read all of it, because a major issue is that he refuses to use the social net that his party wants to provide him. So it really doesn't make much sense at all. He might as well be a Republican. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #754 on: June 24, 2014, 05:53:02 PM »

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.

Ugh, you're unbelievable.

http://m.simon.com/directory.aspx

Take a bunch of résumés with you, and a pen so you can fill out the applications they'll hand you, and a notebook to write down the web addresses for stores that only do online applications.  Don't you dare call each store from home; that impresses nobody.

Perhaps not, look at these people!

Just the prospect of people like this in Jokelahoma seems to indicate this would be a bad fit. And, seriously, unless he was stocking shelves (which seems bad too), the customer service part seems a bad idea considering his Tourettes.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #755 on: June 24, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »

And, seriously, unless he was stocking shelves (which seems bad too), the customer service part seems a bad idea considering his Tourettes.

As opposed to a call center, where his entire job would consist of customer service?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #756 on: June 24, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »

Bushie should get a job at Arby's. They seem to survive on only one customer an hour so he can nap plenty
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #757 on: June 24, 2014, 06:12:56 PM »

And, seriously, unless he was stocking shelves (which seems bad too), the customer service part seems a bad idea considering his Tourettes.

As opposed to a call center, where his entire job would consist of customer service?

I didn't say call centres are a good idea. They're not.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #758 on: June 24, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »

I didn't say call centres are a good idea. They're not.

OK, then what do you suggest he do for employment, if not retail?
Meursault
« Reply #759 on: June 24, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »

Hail Satan
Regis Sathani
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #760 on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Who made you my doctor?  My doctor gave me the correct diagnosis, so there's no need to continue to speculate.

Has the problem been fixed?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #761 on: June 24, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »

So you're going to make the call center your career if you get one before a CADD job? What on earth happened with CADD? I have a strange feeling there is tons more to the story than we have been led to believe, like he needed an 80 to actually pass and he didn't pass the course.

And can a call center even be a career? How do you advance? To supervisor?

How about this? Just take the next job you can get and stop telling people you're only looking at them as a temp job until something better comes along. Stop this nonsense about "how you were raised" because right now, it's not working. If you get a non-CADD job, just work at it until a CADD job comes along. There's nothing illegal about looking elsewhere as long as your current employer doesn't know about it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #762 on: June 24, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

Are there no other jobs in Oklahoma but call centers? I just don't understand why you keep going back to them and getting fired each and every time.

There are other jobs out there and I apply for them, but I haven't gotten a bite on my applications recently.

What about retail or something?  Do call centers pay that much more than department stores, for example?  I honestly have no idea.  Or is any job that would involve standing up a no go?

I can't find too many retail jobs.  I keep looking for them, just as I am for other jobs, just can't find too many.  If someone wants to do a quick check for themselves, be my guest.  A generic call center only pays around $9.00 an hour, and this one is no exception.  It's not glamorous pay, but the fact that it would be a paycheck will ease the burden off Mom and Dad.  It won't completely take the burden off them, but it will substantially lighten the load.  I've promised myself that the next job I get, even if it is this $9.00 call center, I am going to try to stick it out and turn it into my career.  I'm not going to fall into this "filler" job trap again that plagued me when I moved to Tulsa 2 months ago.  I think I set myself up for failure by "knowing" the call center was not going to be my career.  I'm not going to let that happen again.  I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

Have you tried Indeed?  We get a lot of applications through that.  Here's a bunch of retail jobs in the OKC area: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=retail&l=Oklahoma+City%2C+OK
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #763 on: June 24, 2014, 07:28:35 PM »

I think it's best we let CADD go and focus on getting Bushie a non-call center job for Christmas.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #764 on: June 24, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »

Have you tried Indeed?  We get a lot of applications through that.  Here's a bunch of retail jobs in the OKC area: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=retail&l=Oklahoma+City%2C+OK

I use Indeed all the time, along with Simply Hired and Craigslist.  I just find very few pure entry level CAD positions.  Everybody seems to want experience.  How does one get experience when no one will give them the experience?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »

I use Indeed all the time, along with Simply Hired and Craigslist.  I just find very few pure entry level CAD positions.  Everybody seems to want experience.  How does one get experience when no one will give them the experience?

I thought we were talking about retail jobs now.  Yes, it would be nice if you could get a CAD job, but you just said that you'll take whatever you can get now.  Both Inks and Joe Republic have just given you links showing retail jobs in the OKC area (though maybe you're more interested in Tulsa now).  Are you going to look into those or not?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »

You don't even have a CAD certificate in hand. Until that happens, you have no business looking for CAD jobs. Set your goals for something that's actually achievable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »

I thought we were talking about retail jobs now.  Yes, it would be nice if you could get a CAD job, but you just said that you'll take whatever you can get now.  Both Inks and Joe Republic have just given you links showing retail jobs in the OKC area (though maybe you're more interested in Tulsa now).  Are you going to look into those or not?

My bad,  I thought we were talking about jobs in general,  CAD, retail,  or otherwise.  Yes,  I'll take anything except general labor.

I am looking at the links provided as well as all my websites.  I'm not being too picky about what I apply to.  I am being cognizant about skipping past all the Kirby/Rainbow type ads.   I can spit those a mile off.  I'm also staying away from marketing jobs.  I tried that in Kansas City and Dallas and I scored a total of $14 in one day...  I'm not too worried about how much a job pays as my minimum is a low $9.00.  I need a job that will pay something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:16 PM »

You don't even have a CAD certificate in hand. Until that happens, you have no business looking for CAD jobs. Set your goals for something that's actually achievable.

Actually,  I don't need the physical certificate.   One of my classmates doesn't have her certificate,  yet,  but landed a CAD job in Southwestern Oklahoma.   That proves the certificate is not the most crucial piece.  The employer can call the school and learn that I have completed and how I did.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #770 on: June 24, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #771 on: June 24, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »

Who made you my doctor?  My doctor gave me the correct diagnosis, so there's no need to continue to speculate.

Has the problem been fixed?

I think it's getting better.   I'm not as fatigued.  I still take naps, but I regain the energy from that nap and am very productive in the afternoons.   My naps are usually all before noon.  So, not much improvement, but I can feel some improvement.   I still have 25 days on my medication so there's still time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: June 24, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #773 on: June 24, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: June 24, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.

Excuse me for getting caught up in actually doing something MORE important like APPLYING FOR JOBS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies