Rothenberg Gubernatorial Rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:39:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rothenberg Gubernatorial Rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rothenberg Gubernatorial Rankings  (Read 21754 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: January 29, 2009, 02:36:11 AM »

I'm amused at a ranking for IL that lists Blagojevich as an incumbent for reelection. There's a good chance that by later today it will be Quinn. (OPEN?) would have been a better listing.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »

What do they know about Florida that I do not?

Glad to see they finally got around to moving New Jersey. Now they just need to get their heads out of their asses on Massachusetts.

Yeah, I have a lot of disagreements with that breakdown.

I would have put IL at narrow advantage not clear advantage. A brutal primary is shaping up on the D side and after the mess of the last two years that can't be helpful.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:52:14 AM »

What do they know about Florida that I do not?

Glad to see they finally got around to moving New Jersey. Now they just need to get their heads out of their asses on Massachusetts.

Yeah, I have a lot of disagreements with that breakdown.

I would have put IL at narrow advantage not clear advantage. A brutal primary is shaping up on the D side and after the mess of the last two years that can't be helpful.

But it's not a liberal vs. conservative primary, right?  It's just Hynes saying he'd never raise taxes and Quinn saying he's there to make tough decisions...eh?

Not to mention that the Republican field isn't exactly awe inspiring.

The early sniping between Quinn and Hynes is not about taxes as much as it is about how the other was unsuccessful with leadership in their respective offices. After 6 years of Blago and this year's continued budget gridlock, the IL public is not looking for awe so much as an adult attitude towards governing. The GOP nominee may not need to be awe inspiring in the current climate.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 01:24:38 AM »

I think that most of the pundits are waiting for more polling to show that the race is a statistical dead heat.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 07:34:55 AM »

Simply put it the GOP like these pundits are analysing aren't gonna win all those states in the midwest they probably gonna win Iowa and win MI or PA but winning more than that is simply unrealistic, high probability win only 2. And our senate candidates should help with electing governors in IL, WI, and PA. MI and IO are another story.

I don't follow how the Sen candidate will help Quinn in Nov. Alexi isn't going to generate an unusual GOTV that would work to the Gov's advantage. Also, Quinn had to publicly attack Alexi last week over Alexi's taxes to be consistent with his criticism of Brady.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies