Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:57:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30600 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

OOC: It looks like we're heading to a full-on Russian collapse if negotiations continue as they are. A revolution come early?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

OOC: It looks like we're heading to a full-on Russian collapse if negotiations continue as they are. A revolution come early?
OOc: I would be extremely surprised if there is a revolution.

BTW, I still got the 20Pm/limit, I will answer you to tomorrow. I will go to bed, good night to all the players.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »

BTW, I still got the 20Pm/limit, I will answer you to tomorrow. I will go to bed, good night to all the players.

OOC: Last told there was minority unrest, gunfights, public executions, and rumors of a mass strike in the works.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »

OOC: Last told there was minority unrest, gunfights, public executions, and rumors of a mass strike in the works.

OOC: Given how unpredictable this game is, nobody knows what's gonna happen Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »

Aaaand we might just get a last-minute compromise. I'm sure the negotiations can spill over into the next turn though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

Aaaand we might just get a last-minute compromise. I'm sure the negotiations can spill over into the next turn though.

Another days of delay. Great...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »

I will limit myself to point out that I should be a part of PM discussions regarding the game, and for the past turns several treaties have been signed without me even knowing beforehand. For that very same reason, and with the exception of the peace treaty to end the Great Russian War (as I don't even want to deal with that one), I will not recognize any further treaties or agreements if I do not recieve the PM's.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »

Huh
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

No delay. This is in regards to the compromise idea I sent to you.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »

The news from London is disquieting and seems more appropriate for a Sherlock Holmes story than the news.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

No delay. This is in regards to the compromise idea I sent to you.

Ah, ok.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »

Given the lack of information as to the motives of the madmen who caused such mayhem, I had hoped to keep the tragedy in London out of our politics.  Without any evidence, the Republicans are ascribing it to anarchists rather than a foreign power seeking to keep the British chasing shadows rather than intervening elsewhere against their interests.

Let us assume for the moment that the unfounded assumptions of Secretary Hay are indeed correct.  His answer to the problem is bullets and manacles and nothing more.  He offers nothing to alleviate the conditions that would cause downtrodden desperate people to give heed to anarchist lunatics.  One might even think he welcomes such lunacy as giving him a cloak to shield him from criticism of his lack of compassion and vision.  However, it is clear that Secretary Hay feels no need of such a cloak, for his actions indicate he considers those who point out his omissions to be complementing him rather than criticizing him.

By contrast, I have put forth proposals to ensure that there will be a fair deal for the farmers and laborers of this country so that none but those few reprobates who delight in violence would even consider such actions.  Secretary Hay not only fails to offer any proposals of his own, he fails to comment upon those I have made.  Perhaps he thinks by saying nothing he can avoid offending the common people whose votes he needs in November and offending the tycoons who oil the Republican machine with their money.  That he thinks he can buy your votes with silence on the issues that affect you directly is an even greater offense, and I urge you to vote a solid Democratic ticket this November and teach the Republicans that your concerns will not be ignored.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »

Question of clarification: Am I currently negotiating for peace with windjammer or Cranberry?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »

Question of clarification: Am I currently negotiating for peace with windjammer or Cranberry?
With me Snowstalker.
Cranberry: the internal
Me: the war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II
x AH Chancellor Von BULOW
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »

When can we expect phase results (since it's been quite long)?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2014, 10:51:36 PM »

Secretary Hay is considering accepting a proposal that would increase the risk that America ends up allied to both sides in a future European war.  Fortunately, he has the sense to wait until the results of the next election before entangling this country into a more complicated web of diplomatic chicanery. Or perhaps he doubts he has the necessary two-thirds of the Senate to assent to any new treaties.  While it is perhaps unfortunately true that the McKinley administration has led the United States across a bridge we cannot uncross, that does not mean that we should compound error with error, but that we should simplify our entanglements so that they do not lead us into the risk of being on both sides of the next European war.

Secretary Hay seems to thrive on risks, which perhaps explains his apparent inability to comment on proposals to enhance the safety of those who work in our farms and factories, of which the eight hour day is the most important, especially in those occupations where fatigue carries not merely a risk of poorly done work, but a risk of losing one's life or limb.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »

Just to let you know - I'm on holiday Friday to Sunday, and I don't know if there's Wi-fi available, so I'll most likely just come back online Sunday evening (early noon in America). Shouldn't be much a problem though, Windjammer is doing the war and I've done about everything I need for Germany regarding domestic policy.
Thanks for your attention Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »

Very well, I guess the issue is more or less solved. Now, I did made quite a good amount of mistakes, and Windjammer got an unfair treatment as a player and as an assistant GM, and I have already apologized to him about that. Thanks to Kalwejt and Windjammer's willingness to discuss the issue, we have reached a small compromise in which I will not acknowledge one of the clauses in the Romanian treaty, and a number of other actions which I shall enact very soon.

In all fairness, Dr. Cynic was right, this kind of game is very tough to handle, specially when you have a lot other things to do. I am a little burn out, so once we reach Turn Ten I plan to release an update on how the world has changed since 1901 and then I will consider either suspending the game or moving forward with some changes, depends on what happens. I am also currently preparing the elections, but I believe I still need Italy's answers to do so. Once I have everything I need (along with the next Windjammer orders, if he desires to continue to send them), we should see Phase 8 of the Great Russian War and the Polish, Italian and American Elections by Late Friday/Early Saturday.

Once again, my apologies for all the trouble.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »

I am sorry to hear you may be suspending the game....grateful for you starting it, it has been a joy to play!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »

I'm sorry for having recently exploded, but now I'm sure AH won't unfairly Transsylvania, I will probably stay as Assistant GM after the war.

As I have already said, I want to do more as AssistantGM (special adviser,...), I can writr the turn for some countries as well if you want, especially AH, Germany, Italy and France because I know relatively the situation here.
(sorry for the delay, I will send the orders)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »

Lumine, I said before and I say now you're doing a wonderful job. And ungrateful one too, since running the whole world is solely up to you. Even with your skills and knowledge, it's hard to manage alone, especially since you have a real life too. I certainly wouldn't be able to do half the job you're doing now.

The whole AH business was nobody's fault. The situation when we have an inactive official player and active caretaker had to cause problems and confusion.

I think an active Assistant GM can solve most of our problems.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:56 AM »

I agree with Kal.

You can ask me to do more things.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

We want to thank President McKinley and Secretary Hay for their support during the Russian war.
Indeed, their help was crucial in order to protect the German homeland. Russia  attacked Prussia last year, and if the USA didn't send troops in Europe, Russia could have been able to make more damages in Prussia.

I, the current german chancellor Von Bülow, personally thanks the Mckinley administration for their support. With their support, the USA can be considered as one of the Guardian Angel of Germany. We hope we will be able to have good relations with the USA in the future.

God bless all of you.

xChancellor von Bülow
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies