Can't you touch type? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:20:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Can't you touch type? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Come ON
Completely

Mostly

Sometimes

Hardly

ALAS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Can't you touch type?  (Read 690 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 17, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Mostly. I don't understand how some people have reflexive memory of every single letter/symbol.

I only do because many uncommon symbols are used when programming.

This.  Plus, we have laptops in our school, so we type constantly for all sorts of assignments.  That plus computer programming makes you a pretty darn good touch typer. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:06:19 PM »

computer programming makes you a pretty darn good touch typer. 

I experienced quite the opposite effect.  I was a relatively good typist, having taken typing for a year in the tenth grade, but in grad school when I started writing lots of computer programs, either to control instrumentation or to analyze data, I found myself looking more at the keyboard and using non-standard fingering techniques. 

I voted for the first option, and I reckon myself a decent typist.  I'm not sure how many words I can type.  I do know I don't do it correctly on tablets and other touch screens.

Interesting.  I always see myself looking at the screen when writing programs, to make sure I didn't make a stupid Java error (no semicolon, missing brace, etc.).......we also have to write a lot of comments on our code, so that's a lot of typing practice also, but I can see how it could make one look at their keyboard more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies