Opinion of Obama's gun speech today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Obama's gun speech today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
agree with it

don't agree with it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: Opinion of Obama's gun speech today  (Read 12855 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: January 05, 2016, 10:04:10 PM »

Unfortunately gun nuts, NRA and their Republican stooges prefer to see children massacred by madmen rather than accept common sense reforms.

Common sense reforms that infringe the Second Amendment and increase bureaucracy. The NRA doesn't receive one penny of public funding, leave them alone. Stop using emotionally charged language. Violent crime is at an all time low in America.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

Yes, yes. It is a pressing issue. Damn the fact that almost all of the shootings take place in crossroads for the drug war with lots of gun control to begin with. Take out the suicides and self defenses and we're as safe as Canada! If anything, make it EASIER to get a gun. Criminals will buy their guns on the black market, so it won't matter.

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »

Alas, crying in public will have exactly the opposite effect of winning this war of public opinion against the gun nuts average citizens that value their Constitutional rights.  The only people moved by Obama's crocodile tears are the type of people that agree with him about this maddening overblown situation anyway.

FTFY
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »

Alas, crying in public will have exactly the opposite effect of winning this war of public opinion against the gun nuts average citizens that value their Constitutional rights.  The only people moved by Obama's crocodile tears are the type of people that agree with him about this maddening overblown situation anyway.

I still wet the bed most nights.

Do not edit my posts to reflect your disgusting ideology ever again.

What's making me? And what exactly is wrong with my ideology?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »

Yes, yes. It is a pressing issue. Damn the fact that almost all of the shootings take place in crossroads for the drug war with lots of gun control to begin with. Take out the suicides and self defenses and we're as safe as Canada! If anything, make it EASIER to get a gun. Criminals will buy their guns on the black market, so it won't matter.

I'm not really sure what you think that graph proves. It certainly doesn't support your argument that more guns somehow decreases shooting deaths. So what's the point? That because violent crimes have ticked downwards slightly since 2009 we should never ever talk about gun control ever again? Despite the clever graphwork, that's still a lot of deaths. And why exactly shouldn't we consider suicides and accidental deaths as well?

It's the fact that it's declining and are mainly concentrated in areas with high gun control. And to answer another post, there's no such thing as the gunshow loophole. There ARE background checks at them.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »

The NRA doesn't receive one penny of public funding, leave them alone.

Whyever should that be a reason to leave them alone?

And please do explain how the Second Amendment protects the gunshow loophole.

Yes FreedomHawk has used that weird rhetoric before. Makes me lol though - "leave North Korea alone! They have never received public funding!"

I honestly don't know what position you are in to talk about this subject at all considering the UK's crime rate is astronomically higher than the US. And I still fail to understand what's wrong with a group that wants to protect their rights and teach responsibility. North Korea is a horrible strawman.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »

The gun nuts are fucking sickos, as they prove in this very thread. Their masculinity is so damn fragile, they'd rather have children slaughtered in mass shootings than have to find a new, less dangerous phallic symbol to empower themselves with. Sickos.

I have to agree. I believe in a citizen's right to gun ownership, but sensible regulation needs to follow. I believe most gun owners are responsible people. It's the nutjobs who have the "pry it from my cold dead hands" mentality that really scares me. It does reek of fear and insecurity.

You need a license to drive a car, cur hair, or open a business in this country. I don't think requiring a license or a background check is really an infringement.

Just as an aside the bold regulations are stupid but that's besides the point. The point is, permits and background checks are already very much commonplace. They haven't done anything to stop urban crime have they?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »

I'm not really sure what you think that graph proves. It certainly doesn't support your argument that more guns somehow decreases shooting deaths. So what's the point? That because violent crimes have ticked downwards slightly since 2009 we should never ever talk about gun control ever again? Despite the clever graphwork, that's still a lot of deaths. And why exactly shouldn't we consider suicides and accidental deaths as well?

It's the fact that it's declining and are mainly concentrated in areas with high gun control. And to answer another post, there's no such thing as the gunshow loophole. There ARE background checks at them.

If there were no gunshow loophole, then you wouldn't be so strongly opposed to closing it now would you?

If it did exist, I would be fine with closing it. Only logical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies