Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:37:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)?  (Read 647 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 20, 2016, 12:29:46 AM »

Anyone who couldn't stomach voting for two women is probably solidly and enthusiastically in the Trump column already.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 01:39:53 AM »

Anyone who couldn't stomach voting for two women is probably solidly and enthusiastically in the Trump column already.
Yes.

On paper Warren is the right pick, I believe. The absolute number one issue for Clinton is keeping the democratic alliance together. Sanders has been ripping it apart and Warren would probably bring all but the most rabid of them in.

The main concern is whether Warren can be controlled. To the best of my knowledge, that is very questionable. But if she agrees to be a team player, then she should get the pick.

And yes, I do think she wants it.

I haven't seen anything that gives me a hint that Warren would be some kind of renegade. When it comes to her policies, she's basically a generic Democrat in every area but her expertise of Wall Street/consumer protection. If I recall, she's even somewhat hawkish on foreign policy. And as far as radical leftist policies go, the one that probably has the most resonance with the average American voter is the anti-Wall Street and big banks stuff. There are conservative voters that burn Obama in effigy that would probably agree with Warren on bringing criminal charges on companies like HBSC

She helped raise billions for Democratic candidates in 2014, including those who I wouldn't call progressive by any means. While she has yet to endorse Clinton, she publicly urged her to run for President, and her speech at the 2012 DNC opened with praise for Hillary Clinton. The talk of her being a lose canon has no real substance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies