Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015  (Read 110606 times)
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: April 11, 2015, 04:10:58 AM »

How do you see Liberal Alliance as representing something different from Venstre and the Conservatives?  (Or indeed the right wing of Radikale Venstre?)
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »

Is Radikale Venstre's right-wing shift alienating many of their voters, or were the sort of voters likely to be alienated by it already voting for somebody else (SPP or Alternativet perhaps)?

(I suppose I'm asking because I used to think they were the natural Danish party for me, but they certainly don't sound like they are now.)
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »

tl;dr: Most of their 2011 voters were okay with the party being right of center on economics. The change has been more on attitude (little willingness to compromise) than on policy and a more pragmatic/unprincipled stance on certain value issues than expected, which may cost them some votes, but most will likely accpet it as realpolitik. Their voters are pragmatic - it is in the party DNA to have a pragmatic approach to politics.

OK, I guess I got the wrong end of the stick at some point when I thought they were my natural Danish party.  Who should I support?  (Centre-left on economics, fairly pro-Europe, opposed to pretty much everything people like the DPP and UKIP say...)
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »

Alternativet 86%
Enhedslisten 85%
SPP 80%
Radikale Venstre 80%
Social Democrats 70%
Christian Democrats 69%
Danish People's Party 51%