What's more important: democracy, or liberalism/secularism? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What's more important: democracy, or liberalism/secularism? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's more important: democracy, or liberalism/secularism?
democracy

secularism/liberalism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: What's more important: democracy, or liberalism/secularism?  (Read 3223 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 16, 2016, 04:47:21 AM »
« edited: July 16, 2016, 04:51:01 AM by ClintonianCake »

The second is hypothetically  better, but does not exist in the real world, outside the minds of the Thai middle-class and bone-headed Western observers of Turkey.

Also I'd pick the AKP over the military anyday. Hilarious how.many people cum over the Turkish military because they don't understand what Turks mean when they say 'secular'.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 08:51:51 AM »

The second is hypothetically  better, but does not exist in the real world, outside the minds of the Thai middle-class and bone-headed Western observers of Turkey.

Also I'd pick the AKP over the military anyday. Hilarious how.many people cum over the Turkish military because they don't understand what Turks mean when they say 'secular'.

Does it even exist in the minds of the Thai middle-class other than as a cover story for preserving privilege?

They've probably convinced themselves that supporting the Ywllows is the right and proper thing to do.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »

I find none of  the list of democracy, secularism, and liberalism particularly important.   I am mostly focused on property rights which I guess maps best to liberalism, if only indirectly.  So I guess I have to vote for the latter reluctantly.   

The important question, of course, is did the Turkish coup attempt affect your portfolio?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies