NE3: Because You've Earned It Act (At Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:06:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: Because You've Earned It Act (At Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: Because You've Earned It Act (At Final Vote)  (Read 1501 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:56:47 PM »

The attacks on this are bizarre and insulting to Northeast voters because they assume that order on a ballot in this game would affect the election's outcome, which is blatantly a joke... I don't think it's anything but scraping at the bottom of the barrel to try to score political points.

That said, to stop the faux outrage, why don't we set an implementation date for this after the October election? This obviously is nothing more than a symbolic move, but I hope it'd put an end to the B.S. complaints about this bill.

With all of that said, why even push for this bill?  If the order really doesn't matter?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:12 PM »

The attacks on this are bizarre and insulting to Northeast voters because they assume that order on a ballot in this game would affect the election's outcome, which is blatantly a joke... I don't think it's anything but scraping at the bottom of the barrel to try to score political points.

That said, to stop the faux outrage, why don't we set an implementation date for this after the October election? This obviously is nothing more than a symbolic move, but I hope it'd put an end to the B.S. complaints about this bill.

With all of that said, why even push for this bill?  If the order really doesn't matter?

It'll matter for a select few (i.e.: the chronically competitive such as myself), in a completely different way than is being insinuated here by the opposition.

"In a completely different way".

How?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2014, 08:27:53 AM by Mechaman »

I haven't spouted off any ad hominem attacks. I've simply pointed out that your arguments here don't make any sense.

Neither do yours or AdamGriffin's.

By your own admissions ballot placement doesn't affect sh*t in the game, but it affects competition?

Double negative much?

I don't mean to be a pest, but this is really a pot calling the kettle black situation.  Even if Sawx is being a bit of a hack and trumpeting this as a campaign issue (he is), you haven't done as smashing of a job putting down his points as you think you have.  If anything, you've damaged your own credibility, for the argumentative reasons I outlined above.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies